Chapter 5

This Christmas (Christmas special)

 

- Chapter 5 -

“Kiss on the lips?!” Arron and Gui Gui chorused in unison. Arron was not sure if this is a right thing to do. After all, he only knows this girl for three days, and what’s more, she is not an ordinary girl, she’s an angel. On the other hand, Gui Gui could hear her heart beating against her eardrums. This is insane, how did this ever happen? She’s an angel, how could she allow herself to kiss a human? Images of being punished flashed past her mind, but why does she feel like ignoring those stupid rules and take up this dare?

Arron took a quick look at Gui Gui, As much as he wanted to take up this challenge, he have to spare a thought for her status, and thus he gave Gui Gui a soft smile and turned to jiro.

“I’m sorry, my partner is too shy. I don’t wish to force her to take up this challenge.” Arron said with a sincere, apologetic smile.

“Come on! It’s Christmas!” the guests echoed. Gui Gui look at Arron and back to the crowd in front of them.

“It’s Christmas Gui Gui, just do it. Don’t bother about those stupid rules and punishments; you don’t have forever to be with this man here.” As she looked at Arron in front of her, her heart ache the moment harsh facts crash in. As if her hands and legs had minds of their own, Gui Gui wrapped her arms around Arron’s neck, tiptoed and peck his lips lightly. Arron was taken aback by Gui Gui’s actions. Both of them shut their eyes as the guests countdown ten seconds from the start of their kiss.

“Gui Gui, I don’t know if this is what love is all about, but the moment our lips met, I feel as though I’ve just stepped into heaven. If this is what heaven is like, I’ll die and be an angel, and we will be able together, enjoying every bit of heaven like happiness.”

“Arron, I think I have the answer to Ya tou’s question. I think I know what is love, it’s an indescribable feeling. You just feel burning happiness within you, and you hope that the other party has the same feeling back for you. If I were a human, I want to be your girlfriend, experiencing this euphoric sensation every single day.”

As much as both of them wanted to deepen the kiss, but they pull it off the moment ten seconds is up, they look deep into each other’s eyes as the crowd whistled and applauded for their perfect participation in the game. They know too well that a human and an angel can never be together.

.*.

Gui Gui grabbed Arron’s hand before he stepped out of her bedroom, her face filled with sweet happiness and at the same time, unknown sorrow seems to be camouflaging behind that candy smile of hers.

“Thank you for everything Arron. I really had a very memorable Christmas night.”

“Me too. Thanks for going to the prom with me. It’s the best night I ever had.” Arron’s lips curled into a gentle smile. “Have a good night rest. See you tomorrow morning.”

“You too.” Gui Gui smiled, and with that, Arron closed the door behind him and headed back to his room.

Gui Gui’s smile faded the moment the door slam shut right in front of her. She closed her eyes and feels the power within her reviving. Her huge wings slowly appeared behind her back, and the halo above her head faded in. She did not know the reason behind the revival of her powers. But after the kiss with Arron, she seems to feel her angelic energy shooting up within her, healing her inner body damages almost instantly.

“I’ve regained my power. My wings and Halo are back. I’ve to go back soon. They’ll track me down and bring me back to heaven. By then, I’ll have to leave earth, leave this house.. leave Arron.” Tears gathered around Gui Gui’s eyes as the thought of leaving Arron stabs her right in her heart. She could not find the exact explanation to her feelings towards him, and if she were to give a reason for it, it would be love.

“I think I better hide my wings and halo first. I’ll stay here with Arron as long as possible. Till they manage to find me. I just hope I’ll be able to spend all twelve days of Christmas with him.” Gui Gui decided and wiped off her tears. With her limited days left on earth, she wants to make sure she enjoys every precious moments with him.

.*.

For the past five days, no one had came down to find Gui Gui, and she tried her best to create as much memories as possible so that when she returns back to heaven, she’ll have memories to accompany her through the days without Arron. They took photos, went to the theme park, had ice creams at the beach, watched sunsets and sun rise together, and they were in luck yesterday to catch a rainbow in the skies. Arron on the other hand had been dreaming of Gui Gui regaining her powers and going back to heaven. He kept mum about his dream, in case Gui Gui feels sad about losing her powers and not being able to return back to her original place. But deep inside, small selfish parts of him wish that she will never regain her power, so that Gui Gui can be here on earth with him forever.

As both of them were sitting side by side in Arron’s back garden gazing at the stars on the sixth night of Christmas, Gui Gui pointed up to the stars up high in the skies and looked at Arron.

“Do you know those stars are actually my friends?”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of angels being stars, looking over the earthlings”

“Actually we not only take care of you people, we also try our best to grant your wish. The more sincere you are when you’re wishing, the higher chances of it becoming true.” Gui Gui explained.

“I see, so you can actually hear our wishes?” Arron asked.

Before Gui Gui could even answer him, a strong ray shone upon her, she knew the time she dreaded had came. Arron squirted his eyes to see what is in front of them. He saw two angels smiling and then the aura around them seemed to disappear the moment they landed on the ground. He turned to look at Gui Gui, who did not look one bit surprised.

“Angel Fan, Angel Black.” Arron heard her greeted.

“Gui Gui, we’re here to bring you back.” The male angel said, his voice apologetic.

“Gui Gui, you know you don’t belong here. Right?” The female angel consoled upon seeing Gui Gui’s tear-filled eyes.

“I know. I’ll go back with you. But I just need some more time with him.” Gui gui’s shaky voice made Arron worry.

“Gui Gui? Why are you crying? They’re here to bring you back. You should be happy; you can be back with your friends.” Arron forced out a smile and patted her head.

“ARRON! I’m sorry; I did not tell you that I have already regained my powers that Christmas night. I didn’t want to leave you. I didn’t want to see you sad; I just want to spend the rest of my days on earth happily with you. Thank you Arron. You’re not angel, but you granted my wish.” Tears gave way and streamed down Gui Gui’s delicate cheeks. Arron reach out his thumb and wiped them, he pulled her into a tight hug.

“Please don’t cry, You’re actually a happy angel, if I’m the cause of your tears, I’ll rather we don’t get to know each other at all. ” Arron her silky brown hair, as the back of his eyes sting with tears. He is not going to cry in front of Gui Gui, he have to let her go. She does not belong here, she belongs to paradise.

“Gui Gui, we have to go now.” Angel Fan interrupted apologetically, she wish she could do something to help this little couple.

“Arron, I’ll be watching over you. I promise.” And with that, Gui Gui broke away from the hug. Angel Fan went up and took Gui Gui’s hand.

“Come on let’s go child. The lord’s waiting for you.”

“Bye Arron, BYE.” Gui Gui’s tears fell like a spoilt tap, Arron teared as Gui Gui’s retreating figure disappear into the skies and finally ending up with one big star high up in the skies.

“Gui Gui, I love you.” Arron swallowed the awful lump in his throat and made a silent wish. A wish he want Gui Gui to hear.

- End of chapter 5 -