Chapter 1

This Christmas (Christmas special)

 

- Chapter 1 -

It’s the Christmas season, bright lights and Christmas decorations were everywhere on the snowy street. A tall, skinny figure strolled along the pathways, enjoying the freezing weather and Christmas atmosphere. At this moment, his phone rang.

“This is Arron speaking.”

“Hey Arron! I’ll be holding a Christmas prom this Friday, and I’m counting you in!”

“Sure Jiro, I’ll be there for sure.”

“Bring a partner along too! See you then!” and with that, the line was dead.

“Partner? I’ll bring one if I could find an angel.” Arron joked silently.

.*.

Up high above from the earth ground, among the clouds was the Angel paradise. Elegant angels dressed in white flying all over their palace, excited about the upcoming Christmas dinner. Amidst all the flying elegant creatures, a clumsy angel lost her balance while carrying the heavy bells towards the hallway.

“Ouch!” The poor little creature exclaimed while rubbing her bottom.

“Gui Gui! Are you okay?” A high pitched voice asked.

“Not to worry Ya tou, I’ve fallen so many times, I’ve experience worse falls than this.” Gui gui grinned and flapped her wings.

“My dear Gui gui, you seriously have to pay more attention in class when they are talking about flying safety. What if one day you fall out of heaven?”

“I’ll just stay on earth for good! At least, I won’t have to obey so many stupid rules, unlike here.”

“Earth have rules too, they’re called laws.” Ya tou said with a smile.

“I believe those laws are much easier to obey.” Gui gui said and flew up to put the bells in the grand hall.

“Gui Gui, Ya tou, could you please help me with something?” A tall slender angel asked.

“Of course, Angel Fan. Your wish is our command.” The two angels chorused.

“I would like both of you to help me deliver this parcel over to Lollipop tower, and give it to Angel Black.” With blushing cheeks, Angel fan handed over her parcel to Gui Gui and flew away.

“Angel Fan is blushing! She is so shy!” Ya tou giggled.
“She’s in love. That’s why!” Gui gui added.

And the two angels proceeded on with their job given from their Senior angel. They love to deliver parcels over to another tower, because the flying journey is always so fun as both of them could talk about the juiciest gossip, the latest angel gown in town and playing hide and seek in between the clouds.

“Gui gui, do you know how it feels like to be in love?”
Gui gui knitted her eyebrows and gave the question a thought. “I don’t know. But I guess we’ll behave exactly like Angel Fan if we’re in love.”

“I see. Okay! I want to fall in love too!” Ya tou spun in the air.

Gui gui smiled and followed behind the spinning Ya tou, until she notice a plane is approaching her within metres.

“YA TOU! BECAREFUL!” Gui gui yelled and pushed Ya tou away from the plane.

She was in time to save her best friend, but was too late to shun away from the plane. The last thing she heard before losing her balance was a loud, fierce crash.
.*.

- End of chapter 1 -