Round 13: Onew's Fear

Me vs. Chicken

As they introduced theirselves I noticed that Onew was as stiff as a board. How weird. Everytime the kid got close Onew would magically be on the other side. I chuckled.

I couldn't stand anymore. I had to go sit down somwhere.

I shuffled to another room and couldn't find a couch. Stupid traditional Korean house. >.<

I settled for the floor and remembered and time similar to Onew's.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Omo! Jinki! Look at this!" I came running up to him with a baby bird in my hands.

He peeked and then opened his eyes wide, backing away when I started handing it to him.

"No thanks."

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"It's nothing." He said moving away from me.

I put the bird down and grabbed Jinki's hand. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head.

"Lee Jinki you tell me right now." I said stomping my foot. He just stood there silent. I huffed and started walking away.

He grabbed me by my waist and buried his face against my neck. "It's embarassing." I chuckled, his breath tickled.

"I won't laugh. Now tell me why you were afraid of the bird." I turned around and grabbed his face between my hands.

"It's not exactly the bird. I"m just afraid to hold small things." He mumbled. I turned my head to the side, confused. He took a deep breath. "When I was small I dropped a puppy because I wasn't strong enough. And now I"m scared." He blushed.

I smiled and pressed my forehead to his. "There's nothing to be afraid about. You're much stronger now."

A smile slowly spread across his lips and then he picked me up, princess style.

"Wah~ I thought you said you didn't like picking things up!"

"I said small things."

"Omo! Did you just call me fat?" I said playfully hitting his shoulder.

He chuckled. "Of course not. Just long."

I sighed and shook my head.

~~~End Flashback~~~

I smiled at the memory. Oh how I missed him.

"What's making you so happy?"

I looked up and it was Onew.

I smiled when he sat next to me. Without thinking I placed my head on his shoulder. He stiffined but then just relaxed and let me stay. I smiled.

"When you were afraid to be around Yoogeun it reminded me of a time when Jinki was afraid to hold a baby duck." I chuckled. Onew stiffined again.

"That's funny." His words seemed forced. Like he thought he had to say something. I giggled.

"He reminds me of you." I said sitting up and looking at him.

"R-really?" Onew seemed nervous.

"De~You two could be brothers!" I said clapping my hands.

He chuckled. "I bet we could." He mumbled.

He side glanced at me but then it turned into a full on stare. He reached his hand up and cupped my cheek.

"You're getting so skinny." Somehow. I thought I saw love in his eyes. A deep caring for what happened to me. I smiled sadly.

He scanned my face like he was trying to burn it into his mind.

Ever so slowly he leaned forward and pressed his lips against my forehead. Lightly he traced his lips down to the tip of my nose. My eyes were still open staring at him.  His eyes were tiny little slits, so I knew he was staring at me too.

After a moment his face went red when he realized what he just did.

He started stuttering when he pulled away. "M-m-ianhae." He stood up and just, awkwardly walked out. I chuckled.

"You've got some explaining to do." I looked up and say Key, hands on his and a tapping foot. I smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently.

*~*~*~*~*Onew's POV*~*~*~*~*

OMO! OMO! OMO!

What was I DOING?!

I can't kiss her! She thinks I'm just Onew!

I sighed and slumped against the wall. It's getting harder to be around her and not tell her who I am.

I banged my head against the wall a bit. Omo...

What to do? What is she thinking right now? Has she figured it out? Especially with that story! I forgot I had told her about that! At some point I will have to tell the people of Hello Baby that story...will she put the puzzle pieces together then?

Her brown eyes popped into me head.

I smiled.

I wanted to kiss her sooo bad. >.<

She would never let me before. Always saying we would save for when we met again. Well, we've met again but as Onew and Minki. Not Jinki and Minki. I chuckled.

We always got teased about our names, how they were so alike. That it was fate we were together. To me, that's not teasing. I loved it. I loved that they assumed our meeting was fate. When you meet someone by fate, they say your lives are forever intertwined. I'm ok with that.

"Hey Hyung. Have you seen my sister?" Jonghyun poked his head and looked down at me. I pointed my head to the room I just left. He started for it but came down and sat next to me.

"Why don't you tell her?" He started.

I sighed.

"As much as I don't want to admit it, she doesn't have much longer. And she's determined to see you, as Jinki, again."

I sighed. "I know. I just..."

"What.."

"Don't want her to say goodbye. And if I show up  as Jinki that's what will be in store for me." I breathed in and held the tears back.

"I guess I see your side. But shouldn't you want to spend as much time with her as you could? As Jinki?"

I looked at Jonghyun. I could tell he was worried about his sister.

I smiled. "I'll think about it."

He nodded and left me with my thoughts.

She I really tell her? I don't want her to say goodbye..but...I want her.

What to do. What to do. What to do....

_______________________________

Weeeeeell, I hope this one is better. Don't worry though. It's about to get suuuuuuuper interesting. ^-^

@zarifah_nr: Oh! I loved Hello Baby! It was the first variety show I watched with SHINee! :D

Remember silent readers!!! Comments are loooooooooooved! ^-^