Starting over again

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I thought I'd clear up somethings first before I start. Some people may or may not be wondering why I use the word "gay" instead of "lesbian" in this story. It's purely because of preference. Also, based on the definition from Merriam Webster "gay" is defined as having ual attraction to someone of the same . I personally agree with the definition—which is why I use it.

Anyway, Here is an update. Enjoy~! :)

 

“So what are you going to do now Unnie?” Yoona asks Tiffany. “Are you going to tell Sica Unnie you already know?”

 

“N-NO!” Tiffany says quickly. “Promise me Yoona. Promise me you won’t tell Jessica or the others that I know about Jessica’s feelings towards me.”

 

Yoona nods. “Do you feel anything for Sica Unnie?” Tiffany wasn’t prepared for the question. She didn’t have an answer of yes or no.

 

“I...I don’t know Yoong…” Tiffany sighs. “...But what I do know is I want my best friend back…”

 

“You and I both know that that would be difficult. Your relationship can’t return to what it was before….especially not after you found out about Sica Unnie’s feelings towards you.”

 

“I know…” Tiffany sighs. “I just don’t want to lose her.”

 

“I’m sorry Jessi.” Tiffany sweeps Jessica’s bangs away from her face and unconsciously traces the sleeping princess’s face very lightly. “I didn’t know I hurt you this much…” another tear escaped Tiffany’s eyes as she sat at Jessica’s bedside. Tiffany and Yoona decided it was best if they stayed with the others.  Tiffany slept in Jessica’s room while Krystal slept in Hyoyeon’s room with Hyoyeon, Yoona and SeoHyun slept in the living room on the futon, and Sunny and Sooyoung were in their own room.

 

“Mmm…” The sleeping princess stirred in her sleep. The girl felt a tingling sensation on her face. Tiffany quickly retracted her hand and wiped the tear that fell from her eyes.

 

“Ahhh~” Jessica placed her hand on her head as she winced in pain. The girl clearly had a hangover. “, How much did I drink last night?” the hungover girl growled lowly.

 

Tiffany held in her laughter as she watched the hungover girl. “I recall you saying not enough last night.” Tiffany says to the girl and gains her full attention.

 

“Tiffany?” Jessica slowly tries to sit up. She tried to make her movements slow in hopes that the pain wouldn’t hurt as much.

 

“Here, take this.” Tiffany offers Jessica an aspirin and a glass of water that she prepared for the girl.

 

“Thanks,” Jessica took the aspirin and popped it into before drinking the water.

 

“Did you bring me home?” Jessica asks as she returns the glass to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany nods takes the glass and puts it on the night stand.

 

“Was I a handful last night?” Jessica asks speaking very slowly. The girl felt her head throb and winced.

 

Tiffany shakes her head in response.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t remember anything from last night.” Jessica says as she places her hand on her forehead to somehow subdue the pain.

 

So she doesn’t remember confessing to me? Well to Steph the plushie. Tiffany was lost in thought for a moment.

 

“It’s alright…” Tiffany says slowly.

 

“It’s not.” Jessica says with a sort of finality in her tone of voice. Jessica looks up at Tiffany before speaking again, “What I mean is...Everything isn’t ok...everything between us...everything that happened was ed up...I admit to being at fault Steph…”

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She didn’t expect the girl to call her by that name again.

 

“Steph, I’m sorry.” Jessica says as a tear escapes her eyes.

 

Seeing the girl tear up yet again caused Tiffany to do the same. “No, Jessi...I’m sorry.” Tiffany says as more tears started pooling around her eyes. “It was my fault for not contacting you before...I….”

 

Before Tiffany could finish speaking she felt Jessica pull her into a hug.

 

“We were both at fault.” Jessica says as she hugs the younger girl even tighter.

 

After staying like that for a few minutes, Jessica pulls away and gently wipes away the tears that escaped Tiffany’s eyes.

 

Dugeun dugeun~

 

Tiffany felt an unusual beating of her heart when she felt Jessica’s thumb brush away the tears from her eyes.

 

“Steph,” Jessica says. “Do you think we could start over?”

 

“Start over?”

 

“As friends…” Jessica says. “I can’t promise we’ll go back to what we were before...but I can promise to make it better…What do you think?”

 

“I think…” Tiffany flashed her eye-smile—the smile Jessica missed. “I think that’s a great Idea.”

 

“Great!” Jessica smiles back. It had been a while since Tiffany last saw Jessica’s smile. It made her insides tingle with happiness. She knew their relationship wouldn’t be the same but she’d rather start over than to lose the older girl completely.

 

“Great~!” Tiffany repeated.

 

“Since we’re starting over again…” Jessica says hesitantly. Tiffany could see the hesitation in the older girl’s words and suddenly remembered what Sunny had told her yesterday.

 

“She’s very guarded. Always has been since I met the girl….She’s always been very careful.”

 

“I think it would be best if we were honest with each other…” Jessica says. “Steph…I…”

 

Is she? Is she going to confess? Tiffany felt a bit of panic.

 

“Steph, I’m gay.” Jessica confesses. “I…” Jessica felt a knot in . “I like girls.” Jessica looks down after confessing not out of shame,but because she couldn’t bare to see the girl’s reaction.

 

“Is that all?” Tiffany asks, she prepared herself for the full confession, but is surprised when the girl nods indicating she was finished speaking.

 

“Y-you’re not mad? Or disgusted? Don’t you hate me?” Jessica asks with her head still down. She was a little shocked by the girl’s reaction and couldn’t bring herself to look at the girl. Yet again, it seemed unbelievable to her that she was accepted. Over the years, She prepared herself for the negative reactions she assumed she would be receiving after revealing her uality to her loved ones.

 

“Mad? Disgusted? Hate you?” Tiffany cups Jessica’s cheeks and lifts the girl’s gaze level to her own. “I could never hate you or be disgusted by you.” Tiffany says and pauses. “If anything, I’m a little upset that you’d think I would feel that way towards you. Do you think that little of me?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter