What's a lifetime more?!?

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/n: Meant to post this on Jessica Unnie's birthday 4/18 but I was busy updating my other stories. Also I felt this chapter wasn't written very well at the time when I was rushing to write this on that day. So I decided to put it off until now. I'm quite satisfied with the result. This is much better than what I had on 4/18. Anyway Enjoy! :)

 

Where is it? Tiffany mentally scolded herself for not being able to find her class. She forgot to ask Yoona to show her where her class was. Despite going on the tour with the freshmen during orientation, Tiffany still couldn't familiarize herself with the place. She's actually very bad with directions. It took over 3 months until she could get used to UCLA’s Campus.

 

For about 20 minutes now since she and Yoona separated, Tiffany had been trying to find her way to class. She would've asked someone for help but most of the students she saw on campus were either in a rush to be somewhere or avoiding her. She almost gave up until she heard her name.

 

"Tiffany-ssi?" It was Sunny. "Is that you?"

 

"Sunny-ssi." Tiffany was relieved to see a familiar face.

 

"Lost?" She asked with a playful grin.

 

"As much as I'd like to deny it, yes. I'm lost." Tiffany laughed as she rubbed her nape.

 

"What class do you have? I can take you if you want."

 

"Are you sure? Aren't you on your way to class as well?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yeah, but you need help so I don't mind." The shorter girl smiled. "So which class do you have? And what building is it in?"

 

"Here," Tiffany handed Sunny her schedule.

 

"Hmm," Sunny looked at the girl's schedule. "You're a business major as well?"

 

"Yeah, at UCLA I study Business Economics." Tiffany says.

 

"Really? We have a friend who studies Business Economics at UCLA. I'm not sure if you know her; she's Hyoyeon's cousin. Taeyeon."

 

"Taeyeon? As in Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yeah, she's a midget, like Hyoyeon, but slightly shorter and has an Ajumma laugh. If that's her then I think we're talking about the same person." Sunny said with a laugh.

 

"Yes! That's her! She's actually one of my best friends. I asked her if she wanted to study abroad with me but she opted to study abroad for the spring semester instead of the whole year."

 

"Wow, what a small world then. So I guess we'll be seeing that midget next semester." Sunny laughed. "Anyway, I can take you to class. I noticed we have 3 classes together. I'm a business major as well—Finance major to be exact. We happen to have our first class together too."

 

Tiffany sighed with relief, she was afraid she would have a hard time making friends in her classes. Luckily, she has Sunny now.

 

"I didn’t know you were a Business major. I thought you were a Law major like Yoong." Tiffany says.

 

"Haha, No. That's all Sica, Yoona, Joohyunie, Youngie, and Hyoyeonie." Sunny laughed. “ I'm more of a numbers kind of person. I'll leave the defending to them. I have five lawyers already. I think I'm covered if I ever needed someone. I'll stick to numbers." She joked.

 

"Ah ok." Tiffany nodded.

 

"Come on, let's get to class." Sunny says and leads the way.

 

***

 

"So how was your first lecture here at Yonsei?" Sunny asked the California girl.

 

Sunny and Tiffany just finished their 1st class of the day are currently sitting at a table in the campus café drinking their Iced Americanos talking about nothing in particular. Their next class is in 2 hours so they thought it would be nice to have some coffee and talk.


"Definitely a change," Tiffany laughed. "I understood most of the lecture, but there were times when I was lost. It's different when classes are taught in Korean and not English. But I'm sure I'll get used to it as time goes by." Tiffany says.

 

"That's good to hear. I'm sure you'll get used to it. Plus, it'll be good practice for you right?"

 

"Yeah, my Korean is kind of rusty compared to Yoona's. I didn’t really start speaking Korean until college. Actually, until I met Taeyeon."

 

"Yeah, her English isn't the greatest." Sunny laughed.

 

"If you ever need help don't hesitate to ask me." Sunny says with a wink. "We could have regular study sessions. Yoona and the others have them at the apartment or at the Library all the time. I usually study with them even if it's not very helpful since they're studying a completely different major. Nevertheless, I enjoy the company so I don’t mind studying with them. It would be great to have someone who would study the sane subjects with me though." Sunny smiled.

 

"I mean it gets intense sometimes with 5 lawyers arguing at the study table," Sunny Joked. "But then again it's quite amusing to watch them."

 

"Would it be alright?" Tiffany was hesitant to accept the offer since it would mean she would have to see Jessica. She and Jessica hadn't really had a decent conversation with each other.

 

"If you're worried about Sica. Don't be." Sunny says. It was like she was reading Tiffany's mind.

 

"Is it really? I think she hates me." Tiffany says. It was clear to Sunny that there was a tinge of sadness in her voice.

 

"Sica? She maybe an Ice Princess, but that girl doesn't hate you." She loves you; she's helplessly in love with you.

 

"Ice Princess?"

 

"Oh, Yeah, that's her nickname." Sunny says. "How her nickname came about was pretty funny. It started as a joke in middle school, but later followed her all the way to university due to her Icy demeanor. However, that's just in the beginning when you first meet her. Underneath all that ice is a sweet warm girl." Sunny smiled.

 

"I see…." Tiffany replied. "So how did you meet Jessi--Jessica I mean."

 

"Ah, She, Hyo, and I were roommates in boarding school from 7th all the way to 12th grade. Then when we were accepted to Yonsei we got an apartment together. So, I've lived with those two knuckleheads for…8 years now? Yeah I think it would be 9 years after this year is over."

 

"So you're really good Friends with Jessica then?" It was weird for Tiffany to call Jessica by her full name and not her nickname for the girl.

 

"Yeah, she and Hyoyeon are like the sisters I've never had. I'm an only child. So having them around makes life a bit more interesting. Moreover, with the added addition of Sooyoung, Yoona, Joohyun, and now SooJung there's never a dull moment with them. It's nice actually."

 

"That's nice..."

 

"How about you? How did you and Sica become best friends?" Sunny asked.

 

"Did she not mention me at all?" Tiffany asked a little hurt by Sunny's question. Was she that cold to not mention me at all? Tiffany thought.

 

"She has, but all stories are different for everyone. It's like listening to a song. Two people can listen to the same song but interpret it differently. That's why I asked."

 

Tiffany smiled as she recalled her earliest memories with Jessica when she could truly say they were best friends.

 

"Well we met for the first time during my mom's funeral. I was crying in the corner of the children's room and Jessi approached me. She offered her handkerchief to me so that I could wipe away my tears. She was very sweet actually...."

 

There was a twinkle in Tiffany's eyes as she continued to describe her first meeting with Jessica. Jessica had a similar twinkle in her eyes when she spoke about Tiffany and Sunny noticed it. The interesting thing about it was Sunny could tell the other girl was unaware of it. Was that a good thing? Sunny couldn't tell. Nevertheless, she sensed there could be hope. How much? She didn't know that either, but some hope—even a tiny bit was—better than no hope at all.

 

***

 

"So you didn't ask her?" Jessica asks Yoona on their way out of class. They had just finished their first class of the day and were on their way to grab some food in the city.

 

"I did..." Yoona says.

 

"And…?" Jessica looked at Yoona with anticipation.

 

"Well…" Yoona hesitated.

 

"Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good." Jessica says. “Did she say no? Because I was--"

 

"Unnie no! She didn't reject me." Yoona sighed. "I just didn't ask properly."

 

"What do you mean you didn't ask properly?" Jessica asked. "How hard is it to go up to Joohyun and say, ‘Do you want to have lunch with me?’ It's simple."

 

"Oh yeah? Why don't you take your own advice?" Yoona shot back.

 

"You and I both know why I can't do that." Jessica rolled her eyes at Yoona’s suggestion.

 

"Can’t or won’t?” Yoona look at Jessica seriously. She worried for Jessica and her Unnie. They haven’t talked to one another—really talk to one another.

 

Yoona sighed. “I'm serious though, Unnie…Maybe not about lunch. But about Unnie…." Yoona says. "Don't you think it was time you two sat down and talked? You know Unnie I talked after orientation."

 

Jessica was silent.

 

"She's sad Unnie." Yoona says. "I know you can tell she is. She's sad and doesn't know what she did to push you away…. I’m pretty sure she thinks it's her fault, she's probably going crazy wondering what she did to push you away and to have you avoid her."

 

"I know Yoona…don't you think I know that? Don't you think it hurts me to avoid her? It hurt me every single day since I decided to disappear from her life." Jessica says.

 

Not wanting to talk about the subject any longer, Jessica goes back to their previous conversation.

 

"Enough about me, we're talking about you. We've got to think of a way for you to ask Joohyun properly." Jessica sighs. "You know you're exhausting your wingman."

 

"Isn't it the job of a wingman? Isn’t it their duty to do everything they can to support the other?" Yoona asks."Besides try asking your crush out to lunch without stuttering or speaking too quickly."

 

"So you spoke too quickly huh?" Jessica looked at Yoona.

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"It’s written all over your face." Jessica replied. "So you stuttered and spoke too quickly huh?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter