Drunk In Love

Bittersweet and Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: Italics indicate thoughts and Flashbacks from the past. Hopefully you can tell which is which.

Anyway, Enjoy~! ;)

 

“Come on Tiff,” Sunny says as she follows Tiffany out of the lecture hall. Class was over and they had time to kill before their next one which was in about 2 hours. They had a lot of time.

 

“Sunny I--” Before Tiffany could finish talking Sunny interrupted her.

 

“You can’t keep coming up with these lame excuses. I know you’re not busy and Yoona doesn’t need to report to me about your activities—not that I’ve asked her or anything. I just know when people are lying to me.” Sunny says crossing her arms over her chest. They had stopped walking and were standing at the steps of the building entrance and Sunny was giving Tiffany an upset look.

 

Tiffany just sighed in response. “We’ve only known each other for about 3 weeks yet why do I feel like I’ve known you for more than that?”

 

“It’s a special talent of mine you know?” Sunny says flashing a smile.

 

“Now I do,” Tiffany says with a laugh.

 

“So will you come?” Sunny asks. “Everyone misses you. I mean EVERYONE.” She stressed the last word.

 

Does that include Jessica? Tiffany was lost in thought.

 

“Yes, she misses you.” Sunny says. She practically read Tiffany’s mind.

 

“How’d you--”

 

“Jess may be stubborn, but I know that girl misses you. She just won’t admit it. She’s very headstrong like that. Also, she’s very guarded. Always has been since I met the girl. It took Hyoyeon and I 4 months into the semester before she started to open up to us. She’s always been very careful.” Sunny says totally disregarding Tiffany’s question. Tiffany on the other hand felt a little sad while hearing Sunny talk about Jessica. To Tiffany, it felt like she wasn’t Jessica’s best friend and that she had been replaced.

 

“So please come out tonight. We’re having a girls’ night, well plus Jonghyun. But he can be a girl sometimes anyway so it doesn’t matter.” Sunny says earning a laugh from Tiffany due to her comment about Jonghyun. “If you’re worried about Jess, don’t be. I’m not even sure if she’s coming.” It wasn’t a complete lie. She wasn’t sure if the others convinced Jessica to go. She would find out later. “Even if she did end up going isn’t that good as well? It would give the two of you a chance to talk. I know things didn’t go well that day. So this would be your chance to fix it. Please.” Sunny used her aegyo as a last resort to get the girl to agree. “Please?”

 

Tiffany sighed, “Fine, but only because I can’t resist that aegyo of yours.”

 

“Yes!” Sunny cheered. “I’ll tell the girls.”  

 

“Tell the girls what?” Sunny and Tiffany turned to see Krystal coming out of the building.

 

“SooJung-ah,” Sunny greets the younger Jung.

 

“Hi Unnie.” Krystal smiles.

 

“Kryssi,”Tiffany smiled at the younger Jung.

 

“Tiff Unnie.” Krystal went for a hug and embraced Tiffany.

 

“Hey~ I don’t get a hug? I thought I was your favorite Unnie.” Sunny pouted.

 

Krystal chuckled, “Sunny unnie, I never said that. Besides, my favorite Unnie is Jessica Unnie.”

 

“I meant favorite Unnie after her. Of course Jess is your favorite. I think I know that by now after the endless calls you  and her had since primary school.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Unnie,” Krystal says. “Tiffany Unnie secured that spot a long time ago.” Hearing Krystal’s confession made Tiffany smile. “But that doesn’t mean I like you any less.” Krystal says as she goes for a hug.

 

Sunny laughs. “I know what you mean” She says as she embraces the younger Jung.

 

When they both pulled away Krystal wasted no time and asked, “So what were you going to tell the girls?”

 

“Oh, right.” Sunny says. “Tiffany is joining us for girls’ night.”

 

“Really Unnie?” Krystal turns to Tiffany who nods.

 

“She used her aegyo on me and convinced me to go.” Tiffany confesses.

 

“Yes!” Krystal cheered.

 

“Do you know if Jess is going?” Sunny asks.

 

“No, I haven’t seen Unnie all day.” Krystal shrugs. “Have you asked the others? They have a better chance of seeing her. They all have the same classes.”

 

“I haven’t. I’ll text Youngie later.” Sunny says. “Anyway, do you have anywhere to go?” Sunny directs her question to Krystal. “Like another class?”

 

“Nope, I’ve only got one class today, so I’m finished. Why?” Krystal asks.

 

“Wanna have an early lunch with Tiffany and I?” Sunny asks.

 

“Yah, since when did I agree to lunch.” Tiffany says.

 

“We have the same class in 2 hours. So lunch is a must. And even if you rejected my invitation I still would’ve dragged you with me.” Sunny smiled smugly. “So SooJungie? What do you say? Unnie’s treat.”

 

“Let’s go!” Krystal grabbed both Sunny and Tiffany’s hand. Sunny laughed. She knew the younger Jung would agree if she said it was her treat.

 

***

 

“Sica!” Jessica stopped in her tracks and turned her head to see Hyoyeon running towards her.

 

Jessica was on her way to the library to get some work done before her meeting with the other club presidents. They weren’t able to complete their meeting from yesterday so they decided to meet up again today in the library. Jessica had already reserved a meeting room for the group. Luckily, she was able to reserve it for 2 hours. It gave her an hour to use the meeting room for herself before the other presidents would come for the meeting. She had some assignments she needed to finish and classes to study for. With the Fall Welcome Banquet on her plate, Jessica’s studying schedule was a bit thrown off, but the girl was able to manage.

 

“Hyo,” Jessica says to the girl who is out of breath. “ I was on my way to the Library.What’s up?”

 

“I’m glad I caught you.” Hyoyeon says while trying to catch her breath.

 

“What is it?”  Jessica asks.

 

“What? Can’t I hang out with my best friend?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“Yeah, but usually when it's like this there’s always a catch,” Jessica says.

 

“Yah, you make it seem like our friendship isn’t genuine and that I exploit it for my own gains.” Hyoyeon pretends to be upset. “If anyone should be complaining here it’s me. You’ve been ditching us all the time I and the others hardly get to see you.”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just the Fall welcome banquet is taking a lot out of me.We’ve only got 3 weeks before the day.” Jessica apologizes. She really did feel bad about being MIA with the others.

 

“If you really feel bad then you can make it up to us by joining us for a girls’ night.” Hyoyeon says.

 

“I knew there was a catch!” Jessica says.

 

“There isn’t. We actually planned this ahead of time. I just forgot to mention it yesterday.” It wasn’t a complete lie;she did omit some truth in her statement. They did actually plan this ahead of today.

 

“Where are you all going tonight?” Jessica asks.

 

“Ace of Clubs.” Hyoyeon says. “You can’t say no. It’s Friday, and we need to have fun! So none of your excuses will work.”

 

“Do I have a choice?” Jessica asked rhetorically. She knew the answer already.

 

“Nope. You’re going whether you like it or not. I don’t care if I have to drag your to the club. Besides Baby Jung is going. You wouldn’t want her to go without you now would you?”

 

“Fine, Fine. I’m going. But only because I don’t want SooJung going by herself.” Jessica says.

 

“What part of girls’ night did you not understand? Krystal won’t be alone, she has us.” Hyoyeon reminds the girl.

 

“Yeah, for like 20 minutes before you all decide to get drunk. Someone has to be the responsible one.” Jessica says.

 

“You have a point there. Seohyun would have a hard time trying to take care of us by herself.” Hyoyeon says agreeing with Jessica. “So you’re coming. We leave at 7:30PM. So be ready by then.”

 

“Ok.” Jessica says. “I’ll see you at home.”

 

“See you at home.”

 

***

 

“Loosen up Unnie will you?” Yoona nudges Tiffany’s side. They had arrived at the Ace of Clubs 15 minutes ago with Seohyun, Sooyoung and Sunny. Sunny had informed them that Hyoyeon managed to get Jessica to go and that they would be late.  The music was loud and there were many people there. Apparently this was the hottest club in town. Since it was friday night it was more packed than usual.

 

“Yeah Ppani Unnie,” Seohyun chimed in.

 

“Don’t worry about Sica Unnie,” Yoona says to Tiffany.

 

“Easier said than done.” Tiffany sighs and looks down at the floor.

 

“Hey guys!” it was Hyoyeon and with her was Krystal.

 

“Where’s Sica Unnie?” Yoona asks. “And Jong Oppa?”

 

“They’re parking the car.” Krystal says. “Unnie!” Krystal sees Tiffany and walks over to hug the girl. “You came!”

 

Tiffany laughs as she hugs the girl. “I did say I was coming earlier didn’t I?”

 

“Yeah, but you could’ve backed out. I’m glad you didn’t.” The younger Jung says with a smile.

 

“Sica Unnie!” Tiffany and Krystal looked up to see Yoona running towards Jessica. They laughed; some things never changed they thought. Yoona has always been close to Jessica.

 

“Yah! You’re crushing me.” Jessica says as Yoona clings to her like a koala.

 

“Sica! You’re here!” Sooyoung was the next person to cling to Jessica.

 

“Hey, I’m here too.” Everyone turned to Jonghyun who is standing behind Jessica and laughs. “Some friends you all are.”

 

“Jong!” it was a guy at the booth next to them.

 

“Onew,” it was one of Jonghyun’s buddies.

 

“The others are here come join us.” Onew says.

 

“As much as I’d like to be here for girls’ night. I’m gonna have to ditch you all for a boys’ night.” Jonghyun says to the girls. “I’ll see you girls. Have fun, and drink wisely.” He says and walks to the booth next to them.

 

“It’s fine, we don’t need Jong. It’s officially girls’ night!” Hyoyeon says enthusiastically.

 

“Come on let’s greet the others.” Yoona says motioning Jessica to follow her.

 

“J! Unnie! ” Jessica was greeted by Sunny and Seohyun. The Ice Princess greeted them with a smile, but that smile slowly faded when she sees Tiffany sitting with Krystal.

 

“Unnie!” Krystal gets Jessica’s attention. “Tiffany Unnie is here.” She says stating the obvious. It made Tiffany a bit nervous. Tiffany looks down but sees Jessica nod towards her in acknowledgement. Both girls avoided eye contact.

 

“Why don’t we start off with drinks?” Hyoyeon suggests after noticing the awkward tension between the two girls.

 

“Yoona, SeoBaby will you help me?” Hyoyeon motions for the maknaes to come over.  “We’ll be back with drinks. In the meantime why don’t you all head to the dance floor?”

 

“Let’s go!” SooYoung says pulling Sunny towards the dance floor. Everyone else except for Jessica and Tiffany stand up and follow suit.

 

“You’re not coming Unnie? Tiffany Unnie?” Krystal asks the two girls.

 

“Later.” Jessica says taking a seat in the only empty spot next to Tiffany.

 

“Yeah, I’ll go out there later.” Tiffany says.

 

“Ok,” Krystal says following the others leaving Jessica and Tiffany alone together.

 

There was an awkward silence between the two despite the loud atmosphere around them. Neither girl dared to look at the other. It was just plain awkward.

 

***

 

Unknown to the girls, the others were watching  them from afar.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter