Chapter 1- First day in BanHang!

School Of Small Devils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Windows smashed. Graffiti on the walls. Dried blood on the ground and walls. Pieces of the dirty building's wall on the ground. Yelling was heard. Everything from small playful slaps to harsh methods on fighting were seen, at that point it can even be called torture. 

What. Is. This.

Is this even a school!? It seems more like those places in movies where criminals hang out... 
And this school is supposed to be only 4 years old!? It looks like it could crash down at any second.

There was about 30 students spread in front of the school entrance, all staring at me. They were all pretty... Pretty scary. They were wearing the same uniform as me, although unlike me they weren't wearing it properly. They all had that Anger-Me-And-You're-Dead look in their eyes, and I bet they easily get angered... 

You can do this Yoona!

I took a deep breath and walked towards the entrance avoiding their stares. 

Just be calm and ignore them...

"Is she a new student? Seems like someone we could play with" 

Okay!! forget about being calm!! Quickly get away from there!!

I then walked with quick and big steps until I finally got inside the school. Luckily there was no scary students to be seen inside. I let out a big sigh of relief. Now I only have to go to the principal's office, but of course I have no idea of where it is... great.

Depending on my sense of direction I just walked straightforward and prayed that I would get to my destination.

Compared to the outside appearance of the building, the inside was like living inside a trash can. Trash. Literally trash everywhere, even more than outside. When I say trash I don't mean like the wrapper on a lollipop. No, leftovers of food like fish. Broken pieces of bottles.   Used cigarettes. Some gross slimy stuff, I don't even want to think about what there is inside that thing. Well basically all kinds of stuff, you name it. And oh no the smell! The smell!! It's like a blending of cigarettes, alcohol and food to old to eat. I felt like vomiting. Like literally. I even tried breathing out of my mouth instead of my nose because of the awful smell, since my nose is very sensitive.

Graffiti was on the walls and lockers as well. I doubt anyone actually uses those lockers, they all look broken, some can't even be called lockers anymore since there aren't any doors to lock. Neither were there many doors to the classrooms, only a few. The windows to the classrooms were broken too, so you could look inside. Oddly no one was in any of the classes, and I haven't seen a single teacher or student inside the school.

I continued walking until I finally, because of my awesome sense of direction, got to the principal's office. 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Soon steps were heard from inside the office, I was anxious from hearing the steps, which most likely belonged to the principal,  coming closer and closer towards me. 

And then the door opened, revealing a woman, probably around her early thirties. She was wearing an oversized shirt and then jeans, a simple style. She was a bit shorter than me, so 165 cm? Her skin was pale, she had messy coal black hair, set up in a ponytail, she had this kind, relaxing look. She was smiling at me, and her eyes were literally sparkling. 
She's not as scary as I imagined.

"Oh, hello young lady. I guess you must be the new student Im Yoona since I haven't seen you in BanHang School. Am I right?" She asked.

"Yes I am, Nice to meet you Principal..." I looked unsure at her.

"Oh how rude of me! I'm Park Youngbin"

"Then nice to meet you Principal Park" I said bowing.

"What a polite young woman you are, come inside" I got inside and quickly glanced the big office room. Not so much to it, a desk, three chairs one for the desk, then there was 2 cabinets beside each other at the wall. There was definitely more clean and organized than the school halls.

I sat down on one of the chairs in front of the Principals desk. She sat down on her chair too so we were facing each other.

"So what do you think of the school?" 

"... I guess it's... Extraordinary"
 
The principal chuckled "Extraordinary, well that doesn't sound wrong. Wait till you meet the students, if you haven't already. So tell me why did you choose this school? I already heard from your Uncle, but I want to hear you too"

"... Well.... This was the closest school" I said.
Ever since I lost my parents in an accident, which I don't remember much about since I was only 5 or so, I've been living together with my uncle and my two older cousins, Hyorin and Soyou, although my cousins are like my own sisters and my uncle like my own father. We recently moved here nearby in a small villa, since we couldn't afford the house we lived in before. Since this was the only school in the whole town that didn't require any money and also the closest school, I decided to transfer to here. 

"Hmm I see, that makes sense. Well anyway, Your class iiiiiis.... Let's see, you're a sophomore right?" she asked looking through some papers.

"Yes"

 "Aha! Well, you are in Class D. Here's your schedule, also a key to your locker, it's number 7. Your class is in the second floor, there will be a sign in front of your door where class D is written, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. The stairs are at the end of the hall. Good luck, and try not to get killed by the violent beasts here" I couldn't tell wether or not she was joking. I bowed once again, took my things and then began walking to my class room, following Principal Park's instructions.

I arrived at the second floor and yet again there were no students like on the first floor. I noticed that it's more clean and not so "broken", unlike the first floor. I don't know about the smell though, maybe I've already gotten used to the smell or there's just a nicer smell here...?

~~~

I soon arrived in front of my classroom. I knocked once on the door and slowly opened it up. I glanced through the room, there was apparently no students in there. There was about 20 seats, excluding the teacher's. The room wasn't that big, so there wasn't that big of a space between the desks and seats. The blackboard had a lots of messy writing on it, which I guess was written by students since 'HAIL FOR SATAN' was written on. I walked over to the windows where I could see the school ground. There was a lot of students at the grounds, a majority of them were fighting each other in the most harsh way possible, it was not necessarily the best view to look at.
 As I looked back at the classroom, the cabinet suddenly opened up and a girl felt out of it landing with her face on the floor. I watched as she slowly sat up, rubbing her head.

"Ouch... That hurt" she continuing rubbing her head "I should really stop hiding in cabinets..."

"Uhm.... Are you okay?" I asked. She looked up at me. 

"Oh, I didn't notice you at all. I'm okay, thanks" she said quickly standing up. She had an uniform on too, so I guessed that she was a student, she also had a big jacket on with maybe too many pockets.

"... May I ask what you were doing in the cabinet..?" 

"Aah.... I was hiding from some people. But it seems like I accidentally fell asleep in the cabinet" She said rubbing her neck, smiling sheepishly.

How the hell can a person fall asleep in a cabinet... besides wouldn't that mean that she was sleeping while standing. 
"That's the most stupid thing I've heard" I accidentally blurted out. I immediately regretted saying that. Before I could apologize she burst out laughing.

"I hear that a lot. I'm Ahn Heeyeon, although just call me Hani" She said smiling.

"I'm Im Yoona" I said smilingly.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you" she asked

"Yeah, I just transferred here. I'm Sophomore year in class D, well yeah this class"

"Oh really! Me too, I sit riiiiight.. Here!" She said pointing at a seat at the back of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter