Chapter VII.

Let Me Know

The plan was this: You would all enter as if it was nothing and chat with them a little. If they still weren't willing to give you Taehyung peacefully, Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi and Namjoon would have to distract Topp Dogg's attention while you, Chanmi, Sehwa and Jin go to search for Taehyung.

 

                So you did just that – or at least you tried.

 

                You entered Topp Dogg's house and, as surprising at it seems, Taehyung wasn't hidden at all, he was here, in the center of the room, tied up on a chair, unconscious and bleeding, with Topp Dogg surrounding him. It was your dream. That was it.  

 

                «We were waiting for you», Topp Dogg's leader said.

                «Chanmi-ah! I'm insulted you didn't recognized my voice earlier!» one of the guy smiled.

                «Oh shut up, Jiho, will you?» Chanmi responded.  

 

                The said Jiho made a fake-offended look and you realized maybe Bangtan and Topp Dogg were closer than you imagined.

 

                «You're still not going to give us V, are you?» Namjoon asked.

                «Only if you give us the girl», the leader grinned.

                «Look, Sehyuk, I didn't want to go there, but it looks like we're gonna have to fight», Bangtan's leader announced.

                «Oh come on, Nam. We can negotiate. We're not forced to go there. But if you insist…»

 

                Sehyuk did a sign to s and they all evilly grinned before starting to walk toward you. Namjoon ordered you and s to stay calm and to not start a fight. The one who beat you when they kidnapped you – Sangdo, if you remembered correctly – laughed at him and Sehyuk told Topp Dogg they could attack. They all picked a Bangtan member and started to fight, while the leader was staying close to Taehyung, looking at the almost-war going on in front of him. Since both groups were even, you had to fight as well. You felt a strong handle around your arm and realized it was Sangdo. You groaned and tried to punch him, but he was stronger and faster so he avoided it. Suddenly, he felt in front of you and, when you looked up, you saw that Chanmi just hit him.

 

                «Hide!» she ordered you.

 

                You didn't want to leave them – since you kinda forced them to bring you – but obeyed anyway since you didn't want to cause trouble either. They were all punching each other and there was blood everywhere, but all you could see was Taehyung. You needed to save him. You counted to three and ran to him. You punched Sehyuk in the face before he could react and he fell. He got up as fast as he fell, though, and hit you as well. Your nose was bleeding but you didn't care. All you cared about right now was Taehyung. You punched Sehyuk back and he fell again. You quickly untied Taehyung's knots, which woke him up. He looked at you and got up without much difficulties, surprisingly. Sehyuk got up again and he started to fight with Taehyung. When you were about to punch Topp Dogg's leader as well, you heard a gunshot and someone screaming «Chanmi» behind you. You turned around and saw that the fight was now over and everybody was in a circle, looking at something. You ran to them with Taehyung and asked Sehwa what was wrong. She didn't speak and just moved so you could see. First, you saw a body laying down, full of blood. Soon, you noticed it was Yoongi and you gasped.

 

                «W-What happened…?» you asked Jimin.         

                «G-Gunshot…», he answered, as shocked as you. «He… He protected her…»

 

                You realized that he was the one who yelled «Chanmi» earlier and it brought you to tears. You understood that the gunshot was supposed to be for her but he threw himself in front of her to get shoot instead. You looked around and saw that the one with the gun was Jiho. He was pretty shocked himself, and s were as well.

 

                «Let's go, guys», Sehyuk ordered and s followed him.

 

                No Bangtan member made a move to stop them. Sehwa was frozen, Namjoon didn't know what to do, Jimin and Hoseok were crying, Jin, Taehyung and you were shocked, Jungkook was trying to comfort Sehwa and Chanmi was surprisingly calm. She kneeled next to Yoongi and he tried to speak.

 

                «C-Chanmi…», he hardly pronounced. «I… I love you. Take care of Bangtan for me… Goodbye».

 

                He closed his eyes and smiled softly. Tears started running down Chanmi's cheeks without a sound. She calmly put her hand on his chest to feel his heartbeat as it was going slower and slower.

 

                «It's over», she said after a few seconds. «He's gone».

 

                That was probably the hardest she ever had to say, but she was still calm. She got up and looked at everybody one by one. She wasn't crying anymore, even though it was obvious she was suffering.

 

                «Chanmi», Jin finally spoke. «You can let yourself go».

 

                It was as if she was just waiting for someone to tell her that. She started crying harder than you ever saw someone crying. She fell on her knees, her face in her hands. She yelled and cried harder and harder. Everyone else, including you, started crying as well. Hoseok, still crying, kneeled next to Chanmi and hugged her as tight as he could. The woman who once looked like the strongest person on Earth to you now looked like a little girl who needed all the protection and love she could get.

 

                «It's gonna be okay», Hoseok told her. «I promise».    

                «But he's gone, Hoseok!»

                «I know».

 

                Chanmi laid her head on Hoseok's shoulder and tried to calm herself.

 

                «I love him», she finally said, breathing normally again. «I love him so much».

 

                No one said anything and Hoseok started rubbing her back.

 

                «You're strong», he said. «You'll get through this».

 

                She nodded and Namjoon spoke.

 

                «We should head back home», he announced.

 

                Chanmi and Hoseok got up and everybody started drying their tears.

 

                «Will you be okay?» Sehwa asked Chanmi.

                «I will», she assured her.

 

                She was still strong, indeed.

 

                You all headed back home silently, everyone trying to forget what had just happened. Once you arrived, everybody was still quiet so you kept quiet as well and just went to your room. After a few minutes, you heard a knock on your door and opened it just to see Taehyung standing in front of you.

 

                «Can I talk to you?» he asked.

 

                You nodded and let him in. He sat on your bed and you sat next to him.

               

                «I saw Yoongi with Chanmi today and it made me realize something», he started. «It made me realize how much I would have hated being them at that moment».

                «I think it's like that for everybody…»

                «No, I mean, I realized how much I would have hated dying without telling you how I feel about you».

                «How do you feel about me?»

                «I… I like you. No, I love you. Every time you smile, I feel like the whole world is shining. Every time you're in danger, I feel so worried that I could cry. I love you so much it hurts. I wish I could always be with you to protect you and every time we're together, I wish time would stop so this moment lasts forever. I'm in love with you, (Y/N), you have no idea».

                «Wow, Taehyung, I…»

                «You don't need to answer. I just wanted to tell you so I wouldn't have any regret even if I'd die tomorrow».

 

                You shut him up with a kiss, which surprised him. But once the shock passed, he kissed you back. His lips were so soft and the kiss was so perfect. It felt like the world stopped turning and it was now just the two of you.

 

                «You better not die tomorrow», you said after getting separated of him.

                «I swear I won't», he smiled.

 

                You smiled back at him and he kissed you again, his left hand on your waist and the right one on your cheek. That's the moment you understood. It was now you and him. Just the two of you.

*****

I'm sorry Yoongi's fans :')