Chapter VI.

Let Me Know

You left for school with Namjoon and Jin, the others still sleeping. Namjoon knew about your «meeting» with Topp Dogg; he learned it from Yoongi the day before. He promised you they would never be late again and it wouldn't happen again, which kinda reassured you, since you were still scared of going to school alone.

 

                «Just ask one of your friends to wait with you if we're not here when you get out», Jin suggested.

                «Yeah, I'll do that», you smiled.

 

                When you arrived at school, you told them goodbye and headed right away to your classroom, not wanting to get attacked again. You were the first one there, which let you time to take your things out for the class. Soon, the bell rang and students started filling the place.

 

                «Good morning, everyone», the teacher said to demand the silence.

 

                You gave him your attention and the class started. It was maths so, from your point of view, it was very boring, but you needed to get good grades so you still listened to the professor. You were probably the only one, though.

 

{…}

 

                At the house, the Bangtan members were slowly starting to get up one by one. Jin made breakfast for everyone when he came back and food's smell woke them all up.

 

                «Where is Taehyung?» Sehwa asked when she arrived in the kitchen after everybody else.

                «He must still be sleeping», Namjoon answered.

                «No», the girl argued. «He's not in his room».

 

                The leader's eyes widened. He couldn’t be where he thought he was, could he?

 

                «Try to call him», Namjoon ordered and Jimin took his phone to obey.

 

                They heard a ringtone coming from Taehyung's room and Chanmi went to see what it was.

 

                «He left his phone here», she announced when she came back.

                «Sh*t», the leader cursed.

                «What do we do?» Jin asked.

                «We'll wait a bit to see if he comes back», Namjoon decided.

                «And if he doesn't…?» Jungkook questioned.

                «We'll search for him. Chanmi, you can already get the first-aid kit ready. The others, just eat and get dressed. We're leaving in an hour if he's not back».

 

                Everyone obeyed and finished their breakfast as fast as possible. However, while they were eating, Chanmi's phone rang.

 

                «Who is it?» Yoongi asked.        

                «Hidden number…», she mumbled.

                «Pick up», Namjoon ordered. «And put it on speaker.

                «Hello?» she answered while putting the phone on the center of the table so everyone could hear.

                «Aren't you guys searching for a member?» a man voice asked.

                «Who are you?» Chanmi replied coldly.

                «Who do you think I am?»

                «A Topp Dogg member…?»

                «Oh, come on, sweetheart, be more precise. I'd be insulted if you couldn't recognize my voice among my members».

                «How would I even know? Just give us back V».

 

                The girl was starting to be really pissed off and the Topp Dogg member could feel it, so he laughed.

 

                «Who told you we have him?» he asked.

                «Stop kidding and just tell us where you are».

                «Same place as usual. Don't you want to know why I called?»

                «Not at all».

                «I'll tell you anyway. If you bring us the girl, we'll give you V without even protesting».

                «Why would we trust you?»

                «Why wouldn't you?»

 

                He had a point. If gang members had a rule, it was that one. They always had to say the truth about their intentions and they had to respect their promise.

 

                «Alright», Namjoon finally spoke. «But let us talk to V».

                «Hold on».

 

                They heard the sound of the phone moving and the voice telling V to speak.

 

                «N-Nam?» Taehyung murmured.

                «V! Are you ok?!» Jin asked, worried.

                «Don't bring them (Y/N), ok?!» Taehyung ordered.

                «Are you ok?!» Namjoon repeated.

                «Y-Yes».

 

                The leader sighed and finally decided to give in.

 

                «Alright», he told Taehyung. «But we're coming for you anyway».

 

                He hung up before anybody could add something else. He ordered s to get ready and they all did. While the boys were preparing some weapons, Sehwa and Chanmi had been charged to go to your school to inform you. They ran to your school and, once they were in, they headed to the secretary's office to ask her where you were.

 

                «I'm sorry but I can't tell you», the secretary said.

                «Look, I understand, but it's really important», Chanmi argued.

                «It doesn't matter. If you don’t have something to prove you can see her and she's willing to see you as well I can't let you know».

                «What kind of proof do you want?!»

                «I don't know… A paper signed by her parents, maybe, since she's still underage».

                «Her parents are ing dead for God's sake! Oh and never mind!»

 

                Chanmi groaned and left the office, followed by Sehwa. The secretary just let them go, feeling bad for forgetting what happened to your parents. The two girls asked a few students if they knew where you were but none of them seemed to. And that, until they met Yewook. Recognizing her, they practically ran to her to ask her.

 

                «She's in maths right now, I think», she answered.

                «Ok! Thank you so much!» Chanmi thanked her and they followed your friend's instructions to get to your classroom.

 

                As the sweet girls they were, they didn't knock and loudly opened the door.

               

                «What is it?!» the teacher yelled, pissed off to be bothered during his explanations.

                «We need to see (Y/N)», Sehwa said.

 

                You looked up and saw them. Your eyes widened. If they were here, it was because of something really important.

 

                «You can't just ask to see students like that while they're in class», the teacher argued. «Get out!»

 

                He tried to push them out but they were stronger so Chanmi succeeded at pushing him aside and, before he could speak again, she looked at you and said loud enough:

 

                «They have V».

 

                Your heart stopped beating. You got up and, ignoring your teacher's threats to send you to the principal's office, you followed Chanmi and Sehwa outside. They explained to you what happened and you felt tears running down your cheeks. Because of you, Taehyung was in trouble and you couldn't tolerate that.

 

                «We're going back home and we'll see what Namjoon wants us to do», Sehwa said.

                «We're going to save him, right?» you asked.

                «Yes, don't worry», Chanmi reassured you and you arrived at Bangtan's house.

 

                You entered and went to the living room, where all the guys were. Chanmi sat next to Yoongi who gave her a gun after making her promise she would only use it if it was really necessary, Sehwa sat next to Jungkook who made her promise she would always stay behind him and you sat on the ground.

 

                «So? What's the plan?» Chanmi asked.

                «One thing is sure; we can't defeat them face to face», Namjoon said. «They're 10 and we're only eight since they have V. Even if we succeed to release him, we'll still be less than them. So what we were thinking is…»

                «We're nine», you interrupted him.

                «Sorry?»

                «We're nine», you repeated. «I'm coming».

                «No way», everybody protested.

                «We're supposed to protect you, not to make you fight», Hoseok stated.

                «Taehyung's in trouble because of me. I'm going to help you, no matter what».

               

                They looked at each other awkwardly and the leader finally spoke up.

 

                «Fine. But you stay behind us and you make sure you don't get hurt».

                «Deal!» you said. 

*****

Heyyy! Only one more chapter and the sequel to go~ Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed <3