Chapter IV.

Let Me Know

Just like usual, they didn't let you see the letter they received so you left them alone without complaining. You didn't really want to be involved in this anyway.

 

                You were doing your homework when you heard a knock on your door. You told the guest to come in and you saw it was V.

 

                «What's wrong?» you asked him.

                «Can I sit down?»

                «Huh, yeah, sure».

 

                He sat next to you on your bed and you started to feel awkward instantly.

 

                «What is it?» you asked again.

                «Topp Dogg… They're after you», he said. «They're watching you. Don't ever talk to anybody you don't know. At school, stick with your friends no matter what. Don't even trust your teachers. Don't come out of the school at the end of the day, we'll come in. Wait for us. Understand?»

                «Y-Yeah. But what was in the letter to make you so… worried?»

               

                V sighed and took an envelope out of his pocket before giving it to you. You swallowed and took it before opening it. Inside, there were a bunch of what seemed to be pictures. You took them off and looked at them.

 

                «What is it?» you asked.

                «Look at them closely».

 

                You obeyed and saw a picture of your own house, one of your school, one of you with Yewook, one of your grandmother's house, one of you and your grandmother and one that attracted your attention more than the others: one of you eating with your friends taken from inside your school.

 

                «Does it mean…?» you stuttered in disbelief.

                «Yes. They hired someone inside your school to stalk you».

                «But… what do they want from me?! I don't know anything!»

                «Shh, don't panic. We'll protect you. Stop worrying».

                «How can I?! Some kind of stalker is after me! What if they attack my friends or my grandmother if they can't have me?!»

                «It won't happen. They may threaten you with them but they won't hurt them. They're not gonna put themselves in trouble for no reason».

                «But… I'm scared, V».

                «Taehyung».

                «What?»

                «My real name. It's Taehyung».

                              

                You looked at him with tears in your eyes. You were so scared but so touched at the same time that he trusted you enough to tell you his real name.

 

                «What if you guys get hurt…?» you muttered.

                «We won't. Don't worry».

 

                You didn't really believe him but you decided not to insist. He sighed and got up. He was about to leave when you took his wrist. He turned around, surprised, and saw that you were now crying out of worry and fear.

 

                «Be careful, ok?» you demanded, trying to hold your tears back in.

 

                He nodded and you let go of his wrist so he could leave. He weakly smiled at you and finally left, leaving you alone with your tears. You wanted all of it to stop. You wanted to go back to your house and you wanted to forget all about that. You wanted to forget about Bangtan and you wanted them to forget about you. But, more than everything, you wanted your parents to come back. You so needed a hug from a mother right now.

 

                Just as if your prayers have been heard, you felt thin arms around you and you looked up to see Chanmi smiling sadly at you.

 

                «Taehyung told me you weren't feeling really well, so here I am. Everything's gonna be alright, ok? Don't worry. It's not our first time facing them. We can defeat them again».

               

                She used «Taehyung», which means she knew he told you.

 

                «Unnie, I want to go home», you pleaded.

               

                She hugged you tighter and put her chin on the top of your head.

 

                «Same for me, sweetheart», she whispered. «Same for me».

 

                You cried harder but still quietly, but she didn't leave you. She stayed there, hugging and comforting you until you fell asleep.

 

***

 

                «Wake up, sleeping beauty», a sweet voice said.

 

                You opened your eyes and saw that it was Jin. Chanmi was gone and you were on your bed. You had no idea of what time it was, but you saw that the sun was up.

 

                «It's 6 in the morning», Jin smiled. «You slept for a good twelve hours. You must have been tired, huh? Well, I'm sorry but you need to get up, now. It's time to go to school. Namjoon and I are going with you this morning».

 

                You nodded and got up. Jin left to let you get dressed and went to the kitchen to make something for breakfast. From the absence of noise in the house, you could tell that the others were either sleeping or gone somewhere. You really wished it was the first option, since you didn't want the Hoseok-and-Jimin-getting-beaten-up scenario to repeat itself, but when you passed in front of Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin's room, you saw it was empty. When you arrived in the kitchen, you saw only Namjoon and Jin.

 

                «Where are the others?» you asked even though you knew the answer.

                «Don't worry for them», Namjoon said.

                «That's not what I asked».

 

                You threw a cold look at Namjoon and he gulped.

 

                «They're meeting with Topp Dogg», Jin announced before putting a plate on the table.

 

                You sat in front of it and the boys sat in front of you, on the other side of the table.

 

                «But Hoseok and Jimin are still hurt», you protested.

                «They're ok», Namjoon argued. «Besides, they're talking with them, not fighting».

                «Wasn't it what they were supposed to do as well last time?»

                «Yes», the leader admitted. «But today we're nine. We'll join them after dropping you off at school».

                «Do you guys want to die or something?»

                «We don't», Jin said coldly. «But if we don't do that, it's you who will die».

 

                You gulped. Jin's tone and words froze you. Namjoon didn't add anything and you started eating.

 

                «Hurry, we'll be late», Jin finally added after a few seconds.

 

                You nodded and started eating faster. After two minutes, you finished so you left the house with the two guys. They dropped you at school just like they told you and they headed to Topp Dogg's place after you told them to be careful and to spread the word. You were really worried for all of them even though you knew they were strong and you trusted their fighting skills.

 

                «What's wrong?» Yewook asked you once she reached you.

                «Nothing», you said, trying your best to smile at her. «I'm just a little tired, I guess. The bell will ring soon, let's go!»

 

                She didn't completely believe you but she nodded anyway and you headed to your class. You had sciences but you weren't concentrate at all so you didn't understand a single thing. It wasn't that alarming though, since you could just ask Yewook for her notes later.

 

***

 

                The rest of the day went pretty well, since you even almost forgot that Bangtan was with Topp Dogg.

 

                «I'm leaving now», Yewook told you. «See you!»

                «Bye!»

 

                She left the school and you stayed alone since Taehyung told you not to go out without them. You had waited for half an hour now so you decided to call Chanmi who was the one who was supposed to come pick you up with Yoongi tonight.

 

                «Hello?»

 

                She seemed exhausted and you didn't know if it was a good or a bad sign.

 

                «Are you ok?» you asked.

                «Yeah, don't worry. What is it?»

                «Well you didn't come pick me up with Yoongi yet…»

                «Oh yeah, you're right, I totally forgot! Don't move, we're coming!»

                «Alright».

 

                She hung up and you sighed, sitting on a stair, still inside the school. You were all by yourself since everyone already left since long ago and it was boring, so you decided to play games on your phone, when you heard footsteps. Thinking it was Chanmi and Yoongi finally arriving, you closed your phone and got up to greet them.

 

                «(Y/N)?» a man voice asked.

 

                It was definitely not Yoongi nor Chanmi.

 

                «Y-Yes?» you stuttered, turning around to see the man.

 

                However, you didn't get to since you suddenly felt a sharp pain taking over your skull and strong arms catching you before you could fall. 

*****

Hey! I'm sorry it took me long to update but I didn't have time to >< Anyway! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :D Don't forget to leave a comment or subscribe :) <3 See you soon~