Chapter I.

Let Me Know

Crying.

 

                That's all you've been doing for a week now. Your parents had just died in a car accident, leaving you all alone. Today was their funerals so you dressed up and went to the ceremony with your grandmother. There were a lot of people there and you didn't know most of them, actually, but they looked sad. There was a group of people around your age and you wondered who they were. How did they know my parents? you asked yourself. You poked your grandmother on the arm and she looked at you.

 

                «Who are they?» you asked, pointing at the small group.

                «I don't know», your grandmother told you.

 

                You nodded and decided to count them. They were nine, seven boys and two girls. They weren't exactly crying, but they did look really sad. You frowned, still wondering what their relationship with your parents was, since you never heard of them, but decided to just ignore them and follow the ceremony.

 

                However, at the end of the ceremony, one of the guy came to you and gave you an envelope without saying anything. You took it and he left, going back to his group. You opened the envelope and started to read the letter in it.

 

«Hi honey,

            We have something to tell you. We're sorry that we didn't tell you this earlier and that we're not here to answer all of your questions, but please read the letter until the end, ok?     

 

            First of all, you have to know that we love you. We love you and we never wanted that life for you. We wanted you to live well and far from all of this, but unfortunately it looks like it won't happen this way. We are a part of a gang. Your father was the boss, actually. The people who gave you this letter are our members placed in Seoul. These nine persons are the only ones you can trust, understood? We have enemies and they are going to come for you. Our members will protect you from them. Please don't play hard to get and just do as they say, alright? We gave them the mission to protect you and that's exactly what they're gonna do.

 

            However, don't be scared, ok? You will continue to go to school and to see your friends just like before. The only thing that will change is that they'll be by your side.

 

            Again, we're sorry and we love you.

 

Mom & Dad»

 

                Your body started shaking and tears got to your eyes. You couldn't believe a word of that letter. It was a lie. It had to be a lie. Your parents were running a business… weren't they?

 

                You quickly removed your tears for your cheeks and looked up only to see the group staring at you, probably waiting for a reaction. You walked angrily to them, ready to kick some for wanting to do such a lame joke.

 

                «What is it?!» you yelled. «Do you think this is funny?! I just lost my parents and all you guys do is writing a letter full of lies?!»

               

                You were crying. They seemed surprise and one of them tried to touch your arm to calm you down but you quickly removed it.

 

                «Don't touch me», you warned.

                «(Y/N)-ssi… Listen, we would like it to be a joke too, but it's not. Your parents knew enemies were after them so they wrote this letter for you and gave it to us so we could give it to you when the day finally arrives», the guy who tried to touch you calmly explained.

                «Liar. My parents died from a car accident. They couldn't predict that».

                «Why do you think they had an accident? Enemies were chasing them. To make sure they wouldn't get them and torture them to get information, your parents decided to jump off the bridge with the car», another guy said.

                «It's impossible… They were running a business…»

                «Never wondered what that business was?»

 

                Now that you thought about it, you had no idea what kind of business your parents were running. They never told you and you never asked, so you didn't know. As long as it brought you enough money to eat, you didn't really care.

 

                «I know it's hard to believe, but please just trust us. Or at least trust your parents», a third guy pleaded.

 

                You shook your head and decided to leave. One of them tried to stop you but another blocked him, telling him to leave you alone. You thanked him in your head and joined your grandmother who was talking to your aunt.

 

                «Let's go home», you quietly said.

 

                Your grandmother looked at you and agreed when she saw your face. She brought you home and left you alone after making sure you were ok. She promised to bring you food as soon as possible and you thanked her. You spent the rest of the afternoon and the night thinking about all that gang thing. You didn't really want to admit it but, since a few days, you did feel in some kind of danger and you secretly wanted someone to be with you. You re-read the letter again a few times and finally fell asleep on your parents' bed, crying. Again. 

*****

Hi guys! Thank you for reading! You can leave a comment it always feels great to receive them! I'll post the second chapter soon so stay tuned~