He's Got a Cute Bu††

The Jaeling Arena
╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
JAELING 
 ONESHOT
 
 
 
 
LIFT
LIFT
LIFT
LIFT

Cyndi is soaping the dishes while spying on her hot co-worker. He seems to be in a deep conversation with Junki about hair dye. Yeah... it is the usual Saturday night gathering with friends and the occasional co-worker or two... that is... if they do not mind a few drunk, stupid people. Speaking of drunk, stupid people...

"ing prick! Why you calling me, JR again, huh? Can't pronounce the letter 'B?'  Damn, ing prick. Always trying to get your kicked." JB slams his chest against the wall.

Cyndi finishes sponging the last cup and rinses the soap suds off her hands. "Koucakes, I'm gonna call it a night. I don't want to be here when he starts wrecking a hole in your wall." She grabs the kitchen towel from the countertop and dries her hands. "I left my purse in your room, right?"

"Wait!" Kou tosses the half rinsed dish back into the sink and hooks arms with Cyndi. "Hold it! Trying to escape, are you, girly? We haven't even gotten the party started yet? Damn... where is that Junsu? He's supposed to pick up the hard stuff from down the street. It shouldn't take this long."

"I'm not feeling well... so... I'm just gonna go..."

Kou leans into Cyndi and whispers... "No one's eating your crab lately? You know, I can totally help with..."

Cyndi shoves Kou's teasing face out of the way. "Shush! That's none of your business! And why do you have full sized posters of Boys Republic? You don't even listen to them."

"I do... I heard their song... BB Fan. Or.. I think..." Kou makes a 'trying hard to remember' face.

"You mean... V.I.P? What the ? You're obviously a Big Bang fan... why don't you have full sized posters of them instead?"

"I do... it's in my work out room."

Cyndi rolls her eyes. "Well... you're going to have a hole where Sungjun is... I'm just saying... because JB is carrying out a very heated conversation with your poster." Still in love with Sungjun since trainee days, but in total denial. Poor baby.

"Oh, come on... JB is harmless. Just look at him... He's a cute, harmless, happy drunk." Kou smiles in the direction of the raging JB. He is currently pounding his head on the wall and making a huge ruckus. The neighbors are totally going to file a complaint... again...

"Okay, Koucakes... just keep fooling yourself. I'll do you a favor as your friend and call a constructor for you in the morning." Cyndi shakes her head. "Okay, I'm out of here." She needs to leave... because she cannot handle any drama between a guy and his poster friend right now. Cyndi pulls away from Kou's grip just as Junsu enters with his arms full. The sight of precious bottles filled with golden liquid is enough to keep Kou distracted from pursuing the runaway.

Cyndi enter her friend's bedroom upstairs, grabs her bag from the closet and makes for the front door. Everyone is busy or drunk. She can make an easy getaway. Or so she thought...

"Sneaking away quietly like a mouse?" Her hot co-worker, Jaejoong, is at the bottom of the stairs. Is he actually there waiting for her?

"Weren't you in the middle of talking to Junki?"

"Done. You'll be seeing him with split blue/purple hair soon."

Cyndi's eyes widen. Junki with blue and purple hair? Well... at least she has time to prepare herself now for the odd sight. "Thanks for the warning. You know... you don't have to see me off, Jae. No one sees anybody off at these Kou parties. That's just weird... well... except if someone need to be rushed to the emergency room."

Jaejoong burst out laughing. "What? Does that happen often or something?"

"Hmm... more often than I'd like."

"Sounds like a dangerous party."

"It is... once Junsu brings back their hell fuel. I'm a little tired right now. Don't feel like joining them. Don't think I can handle."

"Sounds like it might be safer for me to go, too."

"You can always try it next time." Cyndi makes her way down pass Jaejoong and grabs her coat by the door.

"Hey, since you're tired, why don't I drive you home?"

"Jae... we came in separate cars... and I'm not leaving my car on Kou's street. The last time I left it here, a side mirror went missing. I'm pretty sure it was JB and his head of steel... I'm pretty sure..."

Jaejoong chuckles. "We'll take your car."

"What? But what about yours?"

"You don't have to worry about it." Jaejoong grabs his coat and ushers Cyndi out through the door. She unlocks the car doors with a button and hands over the keys. Not only is this guy hot, he is extra thoughtful... but there is still that one problem... damn that problem.

The drive to her place is extra quiet. Maybe he is trying to be considerate, letting her rest. He is a good driver. The trip is too short.

"Looks like we're here."

Cyndi turns to him and stares. "Now, how are you getting back? Did you—"

"Don't worry. I got that all handled. Wait... what is that?" Jaejoong unbuckles the seatbelt and leans in a little closer.

"What? What is it? Is there something on my face?"

"There's something on your eyelashes."

Cyndi reaches a hand up to brush it away.

"Wait! I'll do it. Close your eyes."

It is probably easier for him to see it. Even if she looks into the mirror, it is still a challenge. Cyndi closes her eyes. She can hear him shifting in his seat. And then... suddenly...

Click!

Her eyes open and she looks down at her wrist. Handcuffs? No...  Her charm bracelet is back... the one she thought she lost forever... the one her mom gave her when she graduated from high school. The very last precious present... how... how did he... Cyndi turns to him with a look of utter surprise. He is smiling at her and being cute and handsome and sweet as usual.

"Oh my god, Jae... how did you? Why is it..."

"I found your charm bracelet the other day in the office lobby. The fastener broke so I got it fixed."

"But..."

"Ah, my cab is here. I'll see you at the office tomorrow. Have a good night." The key drops on the seat and the car door closes.

"Cute and shy."

Cyndi jumps in surprise. She turns to the back seat. "Oh... it's just you, mom... you freaking scared me..."

"He noticed it was your bracelet, baby. How observant. He's got a cute , too. Why aren't you going out with him, again? Why?"

"I'm still waiting for him to ask me out first."

"Wait... what's wrong with asking him out first? I asked your father out and it turned out great."

"Mom... there's nothing wrong. I know that. I'm just tired of always being the one to ask the guy out first, that's all. I don't want to be the dominant one in every relationship."

"So that's the reason why no one's been eating your crab lately?"

"Mom!"

"What? I can't tease you once in a while? And... you forgot to give me those offerings thingy, baby. Are you trying to starve me? Ghosts eat too you know..."

"Mom... it's not until next week."

"Oh, is it? I must be getting senile..."

"A senile ghost? I guess that's possible..."

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
MOBILE-FRIENDLY LAYOUT DESIGNED AND CODED BY VEELAH