S.O.L.D.

The Jaeling Arena
╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
JAELING 
 DRABBLE
 
 
 
 
LIFT
LIFT
LIFT
LIFT

   Edith's Theme (Piano)


Hush now, Jae. I am here with you, my dearest most beloved.

But... she is not. How many times has he imagined it? Her gentle breath, her warm lips caressing his cold skin. Her delicate fingers combing through the tangled terrain of his hair. He turns his head to meet the empty space above. Dried tears streak his frozen face like raindrops on a foggy window pane.

My love for you has no equal. There is no one in this world who loves you more than I love you.

Whether her words are a blessing or a curse, he does not know. Though, her words are true. That, he knows, is certain.

I am your sunlight and you are my darling flower. Let me kiss you. Let me return the color to your pale cheeks. Let me give you all the love you have missed.

How many times has she sung her sweet lullaby to chase away his demons? How many times has she rescued him for the depths of insane despair? And yet... and yet he could not rescue her. Not once. How many years have come and gone? He has lost. Lost all rights to face her... to appear before her. It has been too long. How much she must have suffered while he bathed in the light of luxury and prestige. What could he have done back then? What could he have done to keep them from taking her away?

You must not feel lonely, Jae. Where ever I may be... where ever you may be... my light will find you and embrace you. Where ever you maybe...

The day is warm and bright. He reaches his arms out to the sun. The sky is beautiful... more beautiful than ever... but still, the horizon refuses to grant his wish. To turn back time... for there is no future ahead.

This mark of shame burnt into flesh, branded onto soul... it cannot be undone. You need not trouble yourself anymore, Jae. An innocence lost cannot be returned.

3-0-6-0-9-0-5-8-2. The barcode scar on her thigh, marking her a slave to man. Less than an insect. An object... an object to be used, abused, then thrown away. There is no life after for those marked. There is no future ahead.

--

"Master Jaejoong, sir... Miss Xinling's barcode has changed from blue to black."

"No... no, that is impossible. We have done everything in our power to keep it blue. How can she attract potential buyers if she is kept in the back among the unwanted merchandise?"

"We... we have acquired the name and address of Miss Xinling's buyer. It... it is..."

"Who is it? Who?"

"The man goes by the acronym, J.B. He is... well, he is bad news, sir. A violent owner, the worst sort... with his temper and insatiable sadistic appetite. The slaves he purchases... they never last more than a week, sir. A few days if they are lucky. But, most of them... well... most of them..."

"Call Reiya from the Shadow Market. Have her send the sold merchandise on a detour to my warehouse on the east side."

"I have already suggested it to Shadow Market's mistress. She had issued an instant refusal. She must fear J.B. a great deal to reject your calling card."

"I will speak to her directly then."

"I am afraid she is a stubborn one. Once she says 'no,' it is difficult to persuade her to change her mind."

"Then... I have no choice but to contact Koala. He still owes me a favor. If anyone can deal with that woman creature, it is him. I cannot allow my sister to fall into the hands of that lunatic. Bring me my shotgun and gear. We are going out on a quick Koala hunt."

 

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
MOBILE-FRIENDLY LAYOUT DESIGNED AND CODED BY VEELAH