05 - Iris

Defying Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

 

 

“You guys are so bold these days,” Junhoe dribbled the ball in his hand, eyes are pierced to the basketball hoop, aiming three points from the place he stands. He takes a deep breathe as he has craved for this spare time since forever.

The finals are finally officially finished. It has been a hella long week with grumbling and madness for all school’s senior inhabitants. While the other students were staying up all night at school library to add more references into their bowls, Junhoe was thankful that he had the best student at his school as his roommate. Instead of opening books, Chanwoo has been an open book himself. The younger was lecturing him all day and thank Lord, it helped Junhoe a lot. He might survive the finals game barely breathing, but at least still survived.

“I don’t know Chanwoo is that bold, though,” Yunhyeong ran into him before Junhoe makes the attempt. He was late, but still can block the ball in the air and catch it on his grip.

“He always does what he wants. He doesn’t want to conform,” Junhoe made attempt to grab the ball from Yunhyeong but failed. Yunhyeong moves a bit quicker than Junhoe and succeeds to pass Junhoe’s guard.

Yunhyeong runs to the hoop before he jumps and easily makes one more point to his collection. Junhoe sighs in defeat before he waves his hand to Yunhyeong and throws himself to sit on the field, asking for some minutes break. He spreads his legs and completely lies down on the field. It feels familiar when his breathe hitched into one-two and thousand unreal stars coming in his sight. Yunhyeong comes to him after taking a bottle of cold water from his bag and takes a sit beside Junhoe. He looks more calm and composed than the other one.

“You’re really bad at sports,” Yunhyeong chuckles while throwing the bottle slowly, to which Junhoe quickly grabs and drinks it in carelessly like his life depends on it.

“No..,” he said, still having a messy breathe, “..it’s just unfair when an ordinary student with no basketball talent goes against the captain of the school’s basketball team for thirty minutes straight without a single break. It’s just not my kind of spare time, you know.” Junhoe is being defensive, but hey, isn’t it quite logical?

“Then what’s your kind of spare time?” Yunhyeong decides to go along with the excuse from the taller boy despite his willingness to continue the debate.

Junhoe looks up at the sky, remembering the stage that he hasn’t visited since two months ago, “..on the hall stage, strumming the guitar, and singing. Afterall I am just that glee club man.”

Yunhyeong’s eyes are twitched at the words glee club man, but then Junhoe caught him and quickly responds, “Don’t laugh!”

“I am not.” lie. Yunhyeong didn’t know that Junhoe is this cute. He may look manly with his tall figure, fierce expresion, and all, but he is just an adorable boy at heart.

“Then why didn’t you invite me to your stage? Why did you ask me to play basketball with you?” Yunhyeong asked.

“Because Chanwoo isn’t here. It’s incomplete. My kin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter