04 - Safe and Sound

Defying Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

 

 

“What do you think you’re looking at? Mind your own business!” Junhoe sounds angry to all people he passed by when he walks on the school’s hall. His eyes are full of wrath, one of his hands clenched a fist and he walks fast as if he’s being chased.

Never have in Chanwoo’s life, he had ever been judged the way he is judged right now. His shoulders are wrapped in Junhoe’s arm tightly, his footsteps are controlled by the pace of Junhoe’s, and his head bows down against the floor. He could feel some people are staring at him right now, some other are laughing, and the rest are whispering. He somehow thinks that he is more of a hostage than a student when he didn’t even do slightest crime. What did I do wrong has been repeated on Chanwoo’s mind for thousand times already. He feels knocked down when some of friends that he thinks real friends started to look at them differently.

This time, he only had Junhoe on his side.

..and probably Yunhyeong.

“Now tell me what happened,” Junhoe fans himself after reaching the dormitory and shutting the door of their room closed. His head seems to go out of sanity. He could feel the presence of some students outside that tried eavesdropping but he just couldn’t care less now.

“Where should I start?” the younger boy seems to be completely clueless. Unlike Junhoe, he’s calmer and more relaxed. Yet Junhoe could notice the fear in Chanwoo when the younger boy slowly walks to the corner of the room and making himself his favorite cup of tea. It’s been one of things that Junhoe silently studied from Chanwoo, the boy sips a cup of tea when he feels anxious. He stands patiently in the other corner of their room while knocking his finger to the desk in Chanwoo’s room. Once Chanwoo is finished, he forced a smile at Junhoe before sitting on his bed.

Junhoe quickly pulled a chair and put it in front of his roommate. It is a four-legged chair that he turns in opposite way so he sits on it while hugging the horseblock for the back and legs are spread because of the poles under horseblock.

“Now you are judging me.” Chanwoo shortly said when he saw Junhoe’s eyes sharply stare at him.

“I just want to know the story.” Junhoe softly said, “..you know, you’re now being the prey for those people. Especially the school magazine club. That photo has been spread everywhere. Bulletin board, school aisles, even I found one in the toilet. Soon it will be in school magazine and that’s… that’s when you’re going to think it is the end of you. What if the teachers find out? Your family will be—“

“—called? Junhoe, I have no family member that is in the right state of mind right now.” Chanwoo butts in Junhoe’s sentence.

“Okay whatever. Just tell me what happened. I’m not judging you for doing that, I just want to know why you are doing that publicly.” Junhoe carefully picks words to put in his sentence.

“Everyone in this schools can kiss anywhere without being a big sensation but why did I?” Chanwoo protested, to which Junhoe’s lips are suddenly formed into thin line and eyes are drooping.

“You’re so unbelievable. Should I say it loud, Jung Chanwoo? Do you really not understand the case here?” Junhoe feels like he would rip Chanwoo in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter