Mi casa es su casa

See you again

Jihoon finds it surreal that this is all happening. Last week he was living with his long time boyfriend, Seungcheol. Last week he was sure he would forever be with Seungcheol, but now, he’s on a plane to LA. He’s looking over the window as he watches the clouds go by. He feels as if he’s leaving himself behind. He can’t go back. He can’t risk Seungcheol’s happiness, his real happiness, not the one he thought he had with Jihoon. There’s not looking back, not now at least.

. This is all pretty ed up.

What’s even more ed up is the fact that the day Seungcheol returns from Japan, marks their fourth year anniversary. Jihoon knows that he’ll be forever hated by him, and honestly who wouldn’t? He’s left no goodbye letter, no explanation for his actions, he’s left absolutely nothing.

It’s all your fault.

You don’t deserve him.

He needs real love, not a secret one.

How can Jihoon forgive himself for what he’s doing? How can he come back one day and explain it all to him? How? Well, in a cruel sense, it has to be this way. This is all for Seungcheol, he reminds himself. He’s moving 5,956 miles away just so he can make Seungcheol’s life a more successful one. One where Jihoon is not a problem

Jihoon sighs as he feels his heart shatter even further. He’s done enough crying already. He keeps looking out the window, trying to rid himself of these taunting thoughts. Before he realizes it, he’s fallen asleep.


Please grab all of your belongings and exit the plane in an orderly manner. Thank you for flying with us and welcome to LA.

Jihoon wakes up the voice of one of the flight attendants.  Well, he’s here already, so he’s officially beginning the start to a new life. Jihoon walks out of the plane with a heavy heart. Maybe he’ll have a better chance to forget about Seungcheol here. It seems that the best way to stay out of his life would be to try and forget about him. As hard as forgetting someone he loves may seem, it’s best this way.

Jihoon walks into the airport as he looks around. He’s just realized something: he has no idea who this Jisoo guy looks like. He should have asked Hansol for a picture at least. He’s got no service here and Hansol’s probably sleeping since the time zones are different here than in Seoul. There’s no use in asking now. Jihoon sighs for the millionth time as he looks around for no one in particular. Jisoo is supposed to pick him up, but without knowing how each other looks, searching for him would be pointless.

He takes a seat by the restrooms as he rushes his ringers through his hair. He’s only been here for a few minutes, but it’s beginning to get scary.

“Jihoon?”

Jihoon looks up as he hears his name being called. He notices a particularly tall figure who’s staring down at him with a gentle smile. How does this person know me? Jihoon thinks as he gives the stranger an unsure look.

“Oh my bad. I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Jisoo,” says the person in Korean. Jihoon lets his guard down as he sighs. Looks like he doesn’t have to worry about finding him after all.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know how you looked. Wait, how did you know who I was?” asks Jihoon. Hansol didn’t tell Jihoon whether he had sent a picture of him to Jisoo.

“Vernon.” is all Jisoo says.

“Vernon?” says Jihoon with a confused face.

“Oh, sorry. I usually call Hansol by his nickname, Vernon.”

“And lets just say that with Hansol’s description and the fact that you look exactly how I pictured you to be, it wasn’t hard for me to find you,” says Jisoo as his smile doesn’t leave his face.

“It was the hair wasn’t it,” says Jihoon as he refers to his bright pink hair.

“Yeah, pretty much,” says Jisoo.

“So, are you ready to go?” Jisoo asks as Jihoon nods his head and tries to carry his luggage. It’s not much, but it’s still hard for him to carry.

“Let me help you with that,” says Jisoo as he takes one of the suitcases from Jihoon’s hands.

“Thank you,” says Jihoon as they begin to walk outside.

“Sorry for troubling you.” He hadn’t realized that by accepting Hansol’s offer, he would just be another hassle for someone else.

“No, don’t worry about it. When I talked with Hansol, it seemed pretty serious. I’m happy to help. Think of it as my Christian duty,” says Jisoo as Jihoon barley starts to notice the cross earring that Jisoo has. Jisoo guides him to a small red car that’s stationed by the exit of the airport as they put Jihoon’s luggage in the trunk.

“He didn’t say why I was coming here, did he?” asks Jihoon as they both get into the car.

“No, he just said that you needed a place to stay and a job because of some important personal reasons, but other than that nothing much,” says Jisoo as he starts to drive out of the airport and into the freeway. Jihoon feels as if he should explain himself to Jisoo.

“You don’t have to say anything, not now at least,” says Jisoo as his eyes never leave the road ahead. Jihoon nods as he looks out the window and into the various buildings and shops. This was a lot to take in and the fact that Jihoon practically knew no English made it even worse.

Jisoo looks at Jihoon’s amazed face while stops at a red light. “It’s a lot to take in, but don’t worry, I‘ll help you,” says Jisoo as the lights turn green and he focuses back on the road.

It’s already darkening outside as they reach Jisoo’s complex. It’s not as tall as those in Seoul. Jihoon likes that. It’s pretty dark outside to actually see anything other than the buildings. They head up to Jisoo’s apartment as Jisoo slides in the key.

“Well, here we are,” says Jisoo as he closes the door behind Jihoon. Jihoon takes in his surroundings as his eyes go from one corner to another. The place is pretty clean, it seems that he won’t be living with a slob. He’s grateful for that. It’s pretty cozy in here. It’s not extravagant as Seungcheol’s apartment, but Jihoon likes that, anything that doesn’t remind him of Seungcheol is good.

“It’s only a one room apartment, so you’ll have to room with me, sorry,” says Jisoo as he opens a door to reveal a bedroom with two twin beds. Again, it’s small but cozy. Jihoon walks in as he sets his bags on the empty bed.

“It’s not much, but it’s home. In a way, it’s your home now too” says Jisoo as Jihoon looks outside the window.

“Could I use your phone?”asked Jihoon as he feels bad for asking.

“Yeah, no go ahead. Mi casa es su casa,” said Jisoo as Jihoon gave him a confused look.

“Huh?”

“It means my house is your house, in Spanish.”

“You know Spanish?”

“Yeah, some of my friends are Latino. I used to baby sit a Latino boy named Samuel. I learned a little bit of Spanish from the little boy.”

“Oh, that’s cool. Do you still baby sit him?” asked Jihoon.

“No, he’s about fifteen now. I used to baby sit him when he was like a toddler. I work in an open mike cafe a few blocks away now. That’s where you’ll be working now too,” said Jihoon as he walked into the living room and brought back the house phone.

“You still use a house phone?”

“These are like dinosaurs,” said Jihoon as Jisoo laughed.

“Haha funny, they come in handy sometimes you know,” said Jisoo as he handed the phone to Jihoon and he walked back into the living room.

Jihoon dialed Soonyoung’s number as he waited for the other to pick up.

“Hello,” answered a groggy voice.

“Soonyoung!”

“Jihoon, hey you’re there already?” said Soonyoung in an excited voice. He was happy to hear from his close friend.

“Yeah, I just got here. Just wanted to let you and the others that I’m fine,” he said as he felt a lump at the back of his throat.

“Yeah I’m glad to hear that,” said Soonyoung as he hesitated for a few seconds.

“Um Jihoon, Seungcheol came back today and-”

“What?!" Said Jihoon. He wasn’t supposed to come back so early.

“Yeah, he said he wanted to be here early for your anniversary. Jihoon he’s looki-”

“No, Soonyoung you can’t tell him where I am. And I don’t want to know about him either.”

"Are you sure, Jihoon it’s pretty bad I mean he’s looking for you and-”

“As far as you know , could be anywhere. Do you understand me?”

Truth was Jihoon wanted to speak to Seungcheol, to hear his voice one last time, but he couldn’t because it would make things harder for him.

“This is the last time we’re going to hear from you in a long time, isn’t it?” asked Soonyoung.

“It’s for the best, Soonyoung, you know that. Tell the others that I’m ok, but Seungcheol cannot know.”

“Yeah, I know. Jeonghan’s heartbroken you know,” says Soonyoung as he tries to change the topic.

“He says you and Seungcheol were his otp or whatever he calls it. Truth is, we never thought you and Seungcheol would split. You guys were goals! I mean-”

“Soonyoung I have to go now,” Jihoon interrupts.

“Ok ok, Jihoon don’t wait to long to contact us ok. My number will always be the same and so will everyone elses,” said Soonyoung as they bid goodbye and Jihoon hung up.

He walked into the living room as he gave Jisoo the phone back as he said thank you.

“No problem, I’ll show you around tomorrow. We should get some rest, but especially you since you have jet lag and all,” says Jisoo as Jihoon nods.

“Right, thank you,” says Jihoon. The duo both lay into their own beds. They’re too tired to put on pajamas. Jisoo turns off the lights as he lays on his bed. Jihoon stays silent as he waits for Jisoo to go to sleep. He waits an hour before he sure the other male is asleep.

“Jisoo?” Jihoon whispers. No response came. Jihoon lays his bed back on the pillow as he turns to face the wall, he finally lets the tears roll down his cheek as he silently cries. He’s a long way from home. But as Jisoo said, this is his home now.