My Girl's First Kiss

My Girl

 

Does anyone know how heaven must taste like? I’m not bragging but I think I know. Heaven is the taste of my girl’s lips.

 

 

 

 

After her dad accepted me, we’d go out during the weekends for a stroll in the mall, movie or a picnic or maybe just f or ice cream. There are only so many activities that her father would approve of.

 

I’d enjoy the day with her but I still haven’t made any move on her for just even one kiss. I’m afraid that her father may have spies watching over us reporting back to him that I do not dare try. Instead, I content myself with the chaste kisses she gives me on my cheek when she sees me or when I have particularly made her happy.

 

I would always send her home on time like her father wanted. He’d leave the porch light on for her as she comes home and gives us about 30 seconds for our goodbyes and goodnight greetings. I always feel hurried with our goodbyes. I don’t even get a goodnight kiss.

 

 

 

After one particularly beautiful day spent in the amusement park, we were again standing at their front door. I know I only have 30 seconds but I was busy looking at her, glowing beautifully under the porchlight. Words eluded me.

 

Then she spoke up. “Ji? Are you okay?”

 

I was brought back from my trance. “Uh...yeah, Im okay. It’s just you look so beautiful and I really badly wanted to...” I didn’t finish my sentence, afraid that her father might overhear us.

 

“Kiss me?” she asked, her lips quivering.

 

I felt my cheeks blush, and I was hoping that the porchlight wasn’t too bright or else she’ll see. I just gave her a shy smile.

 

“I’m not supposed to say this but you see my dad’s not home.” she said and hung her head low.

 

Was this an invitation? Or am I reading too much? I cupped her chin and tilted her face upwards to meet mine. Her cheeks were all flushed and if I’m not mistaken I see my need in her eyes as well.

 

“I really badly wanted to kiss you too” she said almost breathless.

 

That did it for me. I pulled her closer, one hand cupping her chin, the other on her lower back pressing her close to me. I swooped down and met her lips.

 

Heaven, I thought as I tasted her lips. This is what heaven must taste like. I roamed my lips on every part of hers until I’ve memorized them then coaxed her to part as I caressed her back. I let my tongue wander on her lips, in the inside of her cheeks and against her tongue, like a greedy boy lost in a sweetshop. I felt her hand tangle on my hair, the other on my neck pulling me in deeper. We were lost in each other, swapping spit and each others’ souls.

 

But then she pulled away. We were left panting and flustered. I wanted more.

 

“My dad maybe gone but my mom’s here. She’s cool but I don’t want her to lie to my dad.” She said as if to explain.

 

 I understood.

 

“So goodnight?” she said more like a question than a farewell.

 

“Goodnight.” I said, kissing her lightly on the lips.

 

I watched her go inside, with a smile on her lips.

 

 

 

I was walking home, smiling to myself. A grin that would be to hard to erase even as I sleep because I know I would be dreaming of Dara and heaven and kisses. Of how just earlier I got a taste of heaven here on earth.