How I Met My Girl

My Girl

 

 

How many people could say that they’ve already found the love of their life? I could. And the details come back to me like it was only yesterday.

 

 

 

 

I was hanging out with my bestfriend Lee Seungri under the old cherry blossom tree in the park, chilling out and watching girls pass us by.

 

He and I had an ongoing game of scoring each girl as they pass. I know it was such a douchebag thing to do, but we didn’t know any different then. We were just being boys.

 

One girl passed by clad in a halter top and micro mini with stilettos. She looked quite pretty too only her make-up was too much for my taste.

 

“8” I said. I deducted points for too much make-up.

 

“6” Seungri said.

 

“6?” I repeated in disbelief. “Are you really that choosy? Didn’t you see her curves or appreciate her long legs? I know she had too much make-up on but really?”

 

“How about her? I’d say 8.5” I said as I pointed out a girl dressed in a tube top and skinny jeans with matching boots. She looked really y and exuded a fierce and confident aura.

 

“Maybe a 7” he said.

 

“What? Is that the highest you could give? Seriously no girl has ever scored higher than a 7 for you” I said.

 

“I know what I see and I know what I like” Seungri said. “Besides, you’d score any girl an 8 as long as she looks doable.”

 

“Not true. I scored one chick earlier a 5” I said in my defense. Jeez! I’m not that erted.

 

“Only because you realized she was the school librarian” Seungri said knowingly.

 

“Whatever” I said and set my sights back to our game.

 

That’s when I heard Seugri say “10”

 

Did I hear right? Did he just say 10? I had to see this for myself. This picky rat has found a 10 when I haven’t even scored a 10 to any girl yet, and to think I’m more loose with my standards.

 

I turned to him and asked “Where? Where?”

 

I followed his gaze to see a girl walking alone.

 

She was wearing a white dress topped with a pink cardigan and paired with strappy sandals. Maybe it was a trick of the light but sunlight framed her mass of golden brown hair. Suddenly she turned to our direction and I was amazed to stare at her bare face. She was beautiful, utterly and naturally beautiful.

 

Her eyes met mine and it was then that I felt time stop.

 

How many people could say that they’ve already found the love of their life?

 

I was 18, young, carefree and impressionable. Life was just waiting for me to grasp it with my hands and take hold. But nonetheless, I was 18 and sitting under the old cherry blossom tree wondering how life could change drastically. 

 

I have never put much faith in love at first sight but here I am experiencing the exact thing.  

 

But maybe it wasn’t love at first sight. It was something deeper. I felt like I have loved her for a long time.

 

It was just a brief glance but eternity seemed to have gone by.  She passed us by unaware of her effect on me.

 

I could only nod in agreement. It seemed that Seungri and I had the same ideal girl after all.

 

And quick as flash, I said dibs before Seungri could say anything about it.