His Bag and His Boyfriend

Sincerely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed when Jeonghan slammed the door shut and wondered why it was so hard for me to express myself to him. It was always like that. I would always spout nonsense that would make him mad at me, and I would always regret it and would awkwardly try to make up with him. I sighed once more and grabbed my phone that was beside the closed laptop and instantly dialed Jeonghan’s phone number.

It rang. Once. Twice.

It rang many times before the voice mail answered. I ended the call and tried once again. I was pacing back and forth in the living room of the apartment I shared with my best friend, in my head were words of apologies and flatteries – he loved them. I love him.

“What!” Jeonghan hissed from the other line. I could imagine him gritting his teeth in annoyance.

“Where are you?” My voice was calm yet I know I was nervous because of what I did - becuase of what I made him feel. Well, yes, it was petty in a sense. It seemed like we were just joking around and that what I said was just to , but I knew Jeonghan and I knew myself. If I did not appease him now it would lead to him giving me the cold shoulder. And I surely did not want that.

“…”

“Jeonghan-ah, where are you?” I asked in a sweet tone.

“…” He sighed, “I’m already on the bus.”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” I leaned against the back of the couch and reached for his bag that was lying on it.

“What?” He still sounded quite annoyed.

“You should remember~” I tried to sound as cute as I could.

“Joshua. You know that I’m pissed off, right?”

“Yeah. I’m sorry about that,” I sighed and put the phone in between my left ear and my shoulder while I opened his bag only to see a neatly-wrapped gift. “I was just jealous of Seungcheol.”

He giggled and I knew that he had already forgiven me. “Now, don’t be! You’re still my bestest friend ever!”

But I don’t want to be just a best friend. “Yeah, I know. That is why I am reflecting on calling you a . Oops?”

“Ya!” He cursed me for about thirty seconds but I did my best not to listen. “I am not a !”

I made sure he heard me laugh even though in reality I wanted to throw up for imagining my best friend doing stuff with his boyfriend. “You’re not?”

“I hate you right now, Joshua Hong!”

“Yes, yes. So what do I do with this gift of yours? Throw it?” Because I so wanted to throw it.

Jeonghan gasped and even though he was at the other side of the line I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter