Morning After

Sincerely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had to shut my eyes closed right after opening them when I caught glimpse of the rays of sunlight that peeked in between the black colored curtains. The sudden action made my head throb in pain and I had to propped my forehead on my palm in a failed attempt to save myself from the excruciating pain I was in.

Must be the alcohol… I thought to myself as I tried to reach for the bottle of water I always kept on the table just beside my bed.

Hmm… I could not reach the table beside my bed. I opened my eyes, tried to not mind the pain and the throbbing, and turned to look at the supposed-to-be spot of my night table. I had to blink several times because there was no table there – but after blinking, there was still no table.

I almost wanted to chop my head off when I suddenly sat up straight from lying down – my brain started pounding even harder against my skull (if that was even possible)!

“…” I groaned in pain. “ it Joshua, don’t ever drink alcohol. Ever. Again.”

I heard someone chuckled and even though my head was still in pain I opened my eyes and saw a somewhat familiar man leaning against the door frame. A tray with a glass of water on his hands.

“You’re awake, I see.” He smiled and made his way towards the bed.

I had always been weary of strangers, but somehow, I was not uncomfortable of this guy – who already sat down next to me in the bed. He set the tray down on the space between us and took the glass of water and offered it to me.

“Thanks…” I took the glass from his hands and gulped it all down – I did not know I was so thirsty. I started coughing when bitterness struck my taste buds. “What the?”

The guy gently my back to ease the coughing. “I’ve put medicine to relieve your headache. Morning after a night of drinking isn’t at all fascinating.”

My cheeks started to heat up when I felt his hands stopped just above my pants and his fingers started to draw circles on my skin. I cursed myself for always sleeping without a shirt on.

I was about to ask him to stop when he suddenly did stop on his own. I raised my head and saw that he took the tray separating us and placed it down on the wooden floor. He adjusted his position and was now facing me.

“Uhm…”

He reached for my cheeks.

“Wait –”

He gave my lips a smack.

“Hold on –”

And now he was lightly kissing my eyelids.

I pushed him away and glared at him. “What the do you think you’re doing?”

The guy just smiled at me and took my hands in his. “What are you saying now when you were the one who started coming on to me last night?”

My face flushed. “What!”

“Remember? In the bar? You were drinking?”

Hazy memories of last night came back to me. But I did not remember comin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter