Special Chapter: #HappyHeejunDay

KNOCK YOUR HEART

In YNB’s studio room, Danah slacked off on the couch to rest from her daily practice routine.

Snoring like a ship blowing its horn,  she positioned herself to sleep like a dead man.

When the sun has set, Danah was still in the room when suddenly KNK quickly went inside the studio as they closed the door feeling hideous.

KNK without Heejun, saw Danah sleeping like a bear.

“What the… HAHAHAHA. “ Inseong laughed seeing his hoobae like that,  the others tried to control their laughter and shunned Inseong for being too loud.

They proceeded to wake her up.

“… Huh? Oppa…?” Danah subconsciously said while rubbing her eyes then stretched her arms. The boys placed their index finger between their lips gesturing her to keep quiet.  She became oblivious about it.

 

After explaining their scheme,  Danah sat property while blinking multiple times “Surprise birthday party?”

They all nodded at her.

“And you guys needed my help?” Danah pointed herself while asking.  They all nodded at her again.

Danah scratched her cheeks. There’s one thing she doesn’t get it right.

“Whose birthday is it again?”

The boys stared at her while their jaws dropped. They couldn’t believe that she has forgotten about it.

Youjin broke the silence while face-palming himself “Your best friend Heejun, you forgot did you?”

Danah widened her eyes in realization “Oh no! It’s his birthday tomorrow!”

 

 

On the next day,  following Inseong’s plan to drove Heejun out of the YNB building, Jihun is in charge with it as he took Heejun out for a soccer game.

“They’re gone already,  we should hurry and prepare everything!” Danah said while carrying a box full of party poppers. Everyone scattered to do something.

Youjin informed the CEO and the staff what they’ll do, they already got their approval from it. Therefore they can work something in the building’s kitchen.

So Yeonhee’s in charge of the baking of Heejun’s cake, she expressed disappointment with Danah’s plans on his cake.

“He doesn’t like these flavors?” Yeonhee sighed while Danah twisted “Yeah, I’m counting on you though!”

Yeonhee nodded at her as she wore her apron and tied her hair. Danah was about to leave her but seeing Yeonhee alone in the kitchen makes her worried

“I think you’ll need help.” Danah grinned while Yeonhee rolled her eyes.

“I’m fine being alone because there are no hindrances.” The tall girl insisted but Danah shook her head “Yeah right, we have a tight preparation time and you’ll need to finish everything up quick.”

Yeonhee grunted.  Like she had a choice plus Danah has a point.

“So, who’s going to help me?”

 

Afterwards,  Inseong and Seulri with aprons on stood there grinning at Yeonhee who’s not really happy with the helpers that Danah chose.

“Get out.”

Seulri pouted, clinging onto her unnie “You can’t do this to us!”

Inseong patted Yeonhee’s shoulder “Come on,  we’ll do great and we won’t get in your way!” He assured her while wriggling his brows

Yeonhee hissed at him for touching her,  Inseong responded by chuckling nervously and backed away “I’ll… Be a good boy…”

 

In the practice room, Danah started filling the balloons with air.

With her own breath.

“AGH! THIS’LL TAKE FOREVER!” she grunted while panting for some air.

Youjin arrives with some sparkling birthday candles “I got them.” He smiled at Danah while raising his plastic bag with the candles and other stuff.

Danah grinned at him sheepishly “Thank you oppa~”

Youjin noticed that Danah’s getting really stressed out while holding some balloons.

“Did you breathe out into them?” He asked while looking for something in the room.

Danah sighed while wiping her sweat “I’ve been blowing 11 balloons for 20 minutes already. I still have 10 left.”

Youjin chuckled while reaching something at the back of the cupboard “Didn’t I told you that there’s an air pump in the room?”

Danah shook her head as she frowned “I couldn’t find one so—”

Youjin gave her an air pump that he found behind the cupboard,  Danah’s eyes widened in shock.

“You should listen well to your oppa next time alright?” Youjin laughed while patting her head. Danah lowered her head while feeling embarrassed “I’m sorry oppa…”

“Here,  I’ll help you.” Youjin held the inflated one to the nozzle of the pump.  He noticed one thing that’s missing. “Where’s Seungjun?”

 

“Seulgar~” Seungjun grinned at the short girl while curdling cute and annoying noises.  Seungjun’s in the kitchen while interfering Seulri with her work.

“Seungjun oppa! CAN YOU NOT?” Seulri finally snapped but Yeonhee hitted her head “Back to work Seulri,  hurry up.”

Seulri grunted while lightly tearing up because of the unfairness,  Seungjun only blinked innocently at her “You ok?”

“Don’t bother me.” Seulri glared at the tall guy who’s acting cute in front of her. She started to chop off some carrots harshly.

The childish guy ignored her banters while staring at her with beautiful eyes.

“Park Seungjun ssi.” Yeonhee coldly called him, Seungjun quickly responded like a well trained canine dog.

“Since you’re here, do the dishes.” She ordered.

Seungjun whimpered, he couldn’t say no since Yeonhee’s not amused with him bothering their dongsaeng. He sighed and went slowly to the kitchen while lowering his head.

Seulri snickered, she’s finally free from Seungjun.

“Hey,  cut it faster.” Yeonhee glared at her.

Except that she’s not free from Yeonhee’s being like a dictator to them.

“What are you making again?” Inseong asked with his arms folded to his waist.  Yeonhee sighed “A cake then some side dishes.”

Inseong shrugged then proceeded to whip some heavy cream, he placed the cream into a bowl with a mixer while whistling some tune. While he was doing it, he kept an eye on Yeonhee who’s really serious on what she’s doing.

Somehow, she gave off a doting wife vibe while making the base of the cake,  sometimes she would smile a little and looking like a pretty cute wife.

Yeonhee caught him looking at her,  Inseong quickly looks away but it was too late.

“Is there anything wrong?” she asked while raising her brow.

Inseong gulped “N-nothing!”

Yeohee shrugged and muttered “Pabo.” Loud enough to be heard by Inseong himself,  he crinkled his nose with a smug while glancing at her.

 

Seungjun on the other hand,  frowning while doing the dishes.  The plates kept on coming while he was washing by Seulri.

“Take care of these too, oppa.” Seulri reminded him as she’s going back to her place but Seungjun got in her way by standing in front of her.

Seulri scowled at the very tall guy while she stomped her foot on the floor “What now?”

 

Seungjun smiled at her genuinely while placing his hands together gesturing a please  “Make me happy.”

Seulri furrowed her brows in confusion “W-what do you mean?”

Seungjun held both of her hands while staring at her softly  “Encourage me~”

 

Seulri was out for words as she directly stared at Seungjun’s handsome face.  That way she seemed to finally see Seungjun’s charms, she couldn’t even stopped him from holding her hands.

“L-let go! Why would I?!” Seulri grunted as she breaks from his grasp,  her face became a tint of pink.

Lowering her head, she can’t believe that she’s doing this for him.  She trembled her lips trying to utter a word while Seungjun smiled at her.

“Alright… D-do well oppa.” She blurted.  Seungjun grinned as he clapped his hands “I will Seulja chinggu~”

 

“So what are you two doing right now?”

 

Seulri widened her eyes while Seungjun looked behind as they saw Yeonhee folding her arms and tapping her foot on the floor, she’s clearly annoyed by this.

Inseong snickered “They~are~flirti—“

Yeonhee quickly threw a potato at him “Say that again or I’ll cut off your tongue.” She warned him.

Inseong timidly caught the potato with his hand while nodding at her nervously. He should shut his mouth when things go by like this.

Yeonhee then looked back at the two with an unamused face. Seulri quickly pushed Seungjun hard out of her way

“He was just getting in my way!” She stuttered while chopping the vegetables very fast. Seungjun pouted but then he straightened a line on his lips when he saw Yeonhee giving him a murderous look.

He quickly went back to the sink.

“Ugh… I hope everything will be done as soon as possible.” Yeonhee muttered while face palming.

 

After an hour, with decorations done and putting the birthday boy’s gifts in a cart. Danah called Jihun if they were coming back sooner or later.

“The game’s almost done,  Heejun still looked happy that he might forgot about what day is today.” Jihun chuckled in the call.

Danah smiled in relief “That’s great oppa! Just tell us if you guys are near then we’ll give you a go signal.”

“Ok Danah, see you—”

“Who’s that, Danah?”

 

The girl popped her eyes in horror as she heard Heejun’s voice in the background.  She quickly ended the call “Damn! Did he heard everything?”

 

On the other side of the line,  Jihun hardened his expression while he saw Heejun standing behind his back.

“Why did Danah called you?”

Jihun gulped.  He has to think of an excuse fast “Well er,  she wants to know if the game’s great and stuff.”

Heejun raised his brow, he knew he’s lying “I’m no fool hyung, if she wanted to know, she should’ve just called me instead of you.”

Jihun was aghast by his friend’s very arrogant assertion. He looked away while feeling annoyed “Well I am her friend and her oppa too,  I also deserve that call.”

Heejun grinned devilishly “Gotcha.”

Jihun looked at him nervously when he blurted out that word.  Did he already knew?

Heejun glared at him while resting his arm on Jihun’s shoulder “Tell me hyung… Are you two dating?”

Jihun blinked, he’s relieved at the same time embarrassed with his accuse “Heejun…”

“I know, I know.” Heejun sighed with a bitter tone and a glare at his hyung “That both of you are in love with each other then the two of you started to date and—”

“ Heejun, that’s not it.” Jihun broke away from him while his ears are getting red.  He couldn’t believe what he’s getting at.

“She’s just asking where did I bought the coffee last night! Stop jumping into conclusions would ya?” Jihun shrugged while Heejun’s scowling face slowly faded.

He finally came up with a good excuse.

“I remembered how Danah was so excited when she tasted your coffee.” Heejun nodded. 

Jihun rolled his eyes nervously “Well, that’s that. We have to go back to the game. Why are you here anyway?”

Heejun scratched his neck while chuckling dumbly “Well… When your phone rang, I kinda saw Danah’s name on your screen so I followed you…”

Jihun cackled at him when he heard that “Why the… You really are protective of her aren’t you? Are you sure that you don’t have any feelings for her?”

Heejun became startled with the question then he laughs it off “Come on! She’s my best friend! Like a sister! I don’t fall for girls who eats like 20 hungry men.”

The two laughed as they entered back to the game, Jihun was relieved that the plan didn’t messed up.

 

Danah went to the kitchen to check if everything’s been going well.

Only to find out that it was a horrendous sight to see.

“Yeonhee! Why are the three—”

“They are like rats running around trying to bother me.” Yeonhee gritted her teeth while wiping off the remaining leftovers on the kitchen counter.

Inseong rebuked “Hey! Don’t call us rats! I didn’t do anything!”

Yeonhee sneered at him “You looked like one so I included you.”

Danah’s face hardened, she looked at the three one more time.

They were sitting on the floor with their hands tied together as Yeonhee positioned them in a circle.

“Unnie,  save me.” Seulri sniffled.

“Danah,  save me too.” Inseong frowned while getting teary eyed.

Danah took a glance at Seungjun,  he’s quivering with fear.

“Can you just explain what happened the last hour?” Danah sighed while she pleaded at the grumpy friend.

 

So earlier it went by with this.

“Unnie unnie~” Seulri grinned at Yeonhee while distracting her what she’s doing.

Yeonhee sighed and continued to mix the batter of the cake.

Seulri pouted, clinged on Yeonhee’s arm once again “Please?”

“Piss off you brat,  why don’t you sit there while you’re doing nothing right now?” Yeonhee snapped at her.

Seulri won’t give up until she got Yeonhee’s approval she started doing aegyo to her unnie.

Yeonhee slammed the whisk on the counter while she’s getting frustrated “STOP. OK. JUST A LITTLE.”

Yeonhee went to the other side of the counter to get the cream.  Seulri giddily went to splurge herself with the mix.

Until Seungjun stood beside her,  Seulri sighed irritated.

“Why don’t you do also do that to me?” Seungjun frowned at her.

She scrunched her face “What?”

Seunjune demonstrated her of what he’s trying to tell her: by doing aegyo.

He threw hearts at her while making cute sounds that made Seulri cringed up with his idea.

Seulri ignored him as she’s dipping bread in the bowl.  

Not until Seungjun placed his finger in the bowl then smeared Seulri’s cheeks with the batter.

“OPPA!” Seulri wailed at him.  She took revenge by getting a spoonful of the batter then threw the mix at him.

Seungjun stepped back while trying to evade it resulting to knock some of the plates on the table.

Especially Yeonhee’s mini cupcakes.

They were completely ruined.

Inseong glanced at the rukus happening on the other side of the kitchen “What’s with the noise—Oh my god.”

He saw the mess, with his hyung and his dongsaeng also in a mess. This was a revolting sight to see.

Yeonhee had enough of it. She finally threw a tantrum.

 

“THAT’S IT YOU SON OF A---”

 

 

Danah shook her head while listening to the story,  she doesn’t want to hear the rest of it “What I didn’t understand is Inseong hyung also getting tied up.”

Yeonhee snickered while looking at Inseong who’s glaring back at her

“He’s my pet. He’s also included.”

“Not this again.” Inseong sighed.  Danah gave them all a confused look.

“Come on guys, just do this for Heejun once, please?” Danah pleaded.

The four stared at each other while Danah took a look at the cake “It looks great though!”

Yeonhee smiled at the compliment of the cake then clocked her tongue at the three, she had no choice but to free them.

“I guess you guys did help me.” She untied the ropes on their hands.

“Awww unnie!” Seulri stood up and hugged Yeonhee happily.  Yeonhee rolled her eyes “Release me or I’ll kill you.”

Seungjun helped Inseong up as they also smiled with the idea of finally  being free from her wrath.

Seeing the kitchen in one piece, Danah clapped her hands in content “Let’s get them to the room because the guys are going back here right now!”

“Ok! Let’s hurry!” Inseong blurted.

 

Everyone’s already done with everything, with the staff holding the cameras to document Heejun’s surprise birthday. All they need is Heejun to enter the room.

“Where are the others anyway?” Heejun asked Jihun while they are walking to the hallway of the practice rooms.

“Probably they are all inside here?” Jihun knocked the door as a signal.

Heejun laughed about it, why would they? Jihun opened the door as they the room was pitch-dark.

Jihun entered the room but Heejun hesitated “They aren’t here hyung.”

He followed Jihun in the dark.

 

That’s when the lights came up, then the party poppers popped. Everyone’s standing in front of Heejun with all smiles and party hats.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEEJUN!”

 

Heejun was really surprised with the birthday bash, he couldn’t believe that they prepared something like this when he was out!

He actually forgot about his birthday.

 

“Damn you guys, planning all of these behind my back.” He laughed while getting teary eyed.

Inseong goes straight to him with giving him a headlock playfully, the other guys approached him with wide arms.

While they were busy, the girls brought the cake with the sparkling candles lit up.

The girls tried not to be shown in front of the cameras that the staff are taking or else it will become another issue with them being featured again on KNK’s future updates.

Danah grinned while carrying the cake “Heejun pal! Happy Birthday!”

They all sang the Birthday song.

The boys sang it jokingly like dead people.

Heejun covered his mouth with his hand while he couldn’t contain his happiness as the cake was getting near to him.

Everyone ended the song so that Heejun would get to make a wish for his day.

He then blew the candles with his might. The little sparks got on his cheek while he was blowing.

“Ack I got burnt!” Heejun felt his cheeks while gritting his teeth.  Everyone snickered at the birthday boy.

 

“Let’s party!” Inseong shouted as he took some cream off the cake with his hands and proceeded to wipe it at Heejun.

The short guy, just stood there while getting smeared with icing, laughing like this have happened every time.

Danah stared at him nervously, she remembered that she has no gift for her best friend. But when she looked at the bright side, she shrugged it off anyway.

“As if everyone got him a birthday present.” She muttered to herself.

 

“WOW! THESE ARE A LOT!”

 

Danah jumped when Heejun screamed for joy after he saw a cart holding his birthday presents wheeled in by Youjin.

Everyone, except Danah, cheered when they get to see much of the gifts for the birthday boy.

Heejun went to check the gifts of those who gave him, he read every card attached to each gift cheerfully.

“Jihun-hyung… I bet it’s a very expensive gift bought with his mother’s credit card!”

The others laughed at his joke while Jihun defended himself “I did not!” Jihun hitted him while chuckling.

“Alrighty… All of the guys gave one!” Heejun clapped

Danah panicked when he said that, it seemed that he’s checking on everyone out. She bit her nail while standing far behind the group.

“BESTie noonas, NOEL sunbaes,  others…” Heejum continue to skim through the gifts. And then suddenly, Gyungwoo appeared.

“Heejun! Happy Birthday kiddo!” Gyungwoo approached the surprised boy and hugged him tightly.

Heejun grinned at him as he was very touched that Gyungwoo managed to come and celebrate his birthday despite his hectic schedule.

He even brought the guy a gift! Heejun smiled widely as he accepted it. Made Danah even more nervous.

But she shook her head with a positive outlook ‘My girls didn’t have anything anyway.’

 

When Heejun goes back to his pile of gifts, he smiled when he got two gifts from “Yeonhee and Seulri dongsaengs! Wooow I’m touched!”

Heejun ruffled Seulri’s hair, she responded “It’s nothing oppa, I hope you like it~”

“Yeah, it’s nothing worth.” Yeonhee smirked, Heejun smiled at her with a smug “Don’t lie that easily Yeonhee.”

Danah gaped in shock. They also got a gift for him? She suddenly started to feel guilty about it.

Even the staff got him a gift. The CEO and their officials did also. Was she the only one who doesn’t have a gift for him?

“There’s Hyejin.” Danah muttered that calmed her down, that’s right… Hyejin didn’t even bothered to come.

She mustered herself positively and then went near to the guys. That until…

 

“Heejun oppa! Happy Birthday~”

 

With the curse is still going strong for Danah, Hyejin arrived as she then swiftly hugged him. Shocking most of guys in the room.

“I brought you… A gift!” Hyejin grinned while giddily showed her pink paper bag with a ribbon. Heejun smiled hesitantly as he received her present for him “Oh, thanks Hyejin!”

 

It was the end for Danah, plus, Hyejin’s getting so clingy on him.

She’s ready to die though she wanted to kill someone first. Even Seulri’s snickering at Danah’s stoic face looking at Hyejin.

Heejun looked at the cart carefully while getting teary-eyed “Wow, I never thought that all of you would give me a present!”

Youjin chuckled “Don’t expect too much you know, but I hope you’ll like every gift you received.”

“Oh I really will! Since it’s a gift, I’m really thankful!” Heejun said bashfully. The others smiled and greeted him once again.

 

During some time while others were enjoying some cake, or playing around with the cake. Danah still stood far straight in line to Heejun who was talking to Inseong.

Danah sighed in disappointment, how could a best friend like her forgot her own friend’s birthday and didn’t even get a gift for him?

Suddenly, she and Heejun have eye contact. Danah’s chest felt heavier as she saw him smiling at her.

“Screw this, I’m going to tell him.” She blurted out, earning a snicker from Yeonhee “Brave girl Danah.”

Danah turned her head to Yeonhee with wide eyes “Y-you were!!---”

“Just go talk to him, he’s not foolish enough not to notice about your problem.” Yeonhee shrugged.

Danah gulped, she’s right. Heejun is the type who will overlook everything.

Danah breathed slowly as she walked to him, her eyes became dilated as she stared at his happy face while talking to his hyung.

Inseong noticed that Danah’s approaching them and tapped Heejun “Lookie~ there she is!”

Heejun looked in front of him, Danah, he then grinned at her “Hey, it’s about time you’re talking!”

Danah scratched her neck and fidgeted “Err, about that…”

 

She stared at Inseong, who immediately understood what she’s implying beforehand, left the two to talk while going straight to the other guys.

Heejun blinked while he’s getting curious “What is it?”

Danah gritted her teeth and paused for a while before she could open . She looked into his eyes and began to tear up, to prevent it from happening, she lowered her head and began to speak.

“I didn’t brought you a present, I’m so sorry!”

 

Heejun widen his eyes in shock, did she got burdened with the fact that she’s the only one who didn’t gave him something?

Danah huffed and rose her chin up looking at him with burning eyes “I’ll make it up to ya! I’ll buy toys for you tomorrow and—”

Before she could finish talking, Heejun suddenly burst into laughter. Danah gaped at the sight of her friend laughing at her.

She furrowed her brows “What now? Do you think that I looked funny right now?!”

Heejun stopped laughing and smiled at her “No, silly!”

 

He then hugged her out of the blue.

 

Danah was surprised with the hug from him while he rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

“I heard that you prepared the surprise just for me.” He whispered.

Danah’s face became bright red “W-what? I-I…” she stuttered, buried her face on his chest, she could smell his perfume which smelled really good.

Heejun chuckled as he pats her shoulders while hugging her tight “Even though you didn’t gave me something materialistic…”

 

“Atleast you are always here for me.” He added as he closed his eyes while saying that. It earned his friend her heart racing fast.

“So… You’re not mad?” Danah asked.

Heejun nodded “I’m even happier.”

He released her from his hug and cupped her cheek while staring at her gently “Jung Danah…”

His actions drove her crazy. Danah nervously stared back at him, “Y-yeah?”

Heejun slowly leaned to her face like he’s going for a kiss, Danah quickly closed her eyes as her heart’s palpitating faster than ever.

 

Then unfortunately, Heejun fooled her as he stuck a cupcake with a lot of icing on her face when the moment she closed her eyes.

 

“HAHAHAHA! THAT’S FOR SURPRISING ME!” Heejun cackled as he jumped with laughter. Inseong behind joined him laughing, he thought that it was really dope.

The others stared at her with shock but soon smiled when Heejun already started fooling around.

 

Danah was pranked. She got upset

 

But she felt relieved anyway. Knowing the Heejun she’s been with since they were brats.

 

Danah removed the cupcake from her face while scowling at him “Jerk! Wait till you taste your own medicine!” she wiped off the icing on hers and pointed the cupcake at his face.

Heejun laughed then started running away from her, even Inseong was targeted “I didn’t even do anything!” he complained while stepping away from her.

 

Looking at the 3stooges, Yeonhee was pissed for playing with her baked creations “So childish, those jerks…”

Seulri quivered her lips in disappointment “I thought they would kiss for real…”

Unfortunately Seungjun heard what she said and went near to her excitedly “Do you want one Riribae?”

Seulri stared at him in horror while shoving him away “HECK NO, STOP CALLING ME NAMES.” She walked away from him but Seungjun giggled while following her to annoy her again.

 

Meanwhile, Hyejin sat and stared at the others with an annoyed face.

“Those flirts, trying to get away with my oppas!” She stood up and went to the guys to grab their attention once again.

Jihun stared at her who’s beside him as she stomped her way to them. He then shrugged “Looks like it’s WW3 again.”

 

Youjin saw the mess they did and felt gloomy “This isn’t good…”

Yeonhee, who was beside him, already gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. She’s ready to do some mass killing “Don’t you ever dare mess with my cupcakes you jerks.”

 

Gyungwoo sighed while sipping his coffee on the couch, he blew a whistle when Yeonhee was already pulling some hair out of Inseong and Seungjun.

“Well, another day have passed in the YNB Building… There’s nothing unusual happening here and it’s getting tiring already…” he muttered.

 

 

At least, the birthday boy was very happy. He had his group with him along with his other friends, and also the one who’s always with him ever since.

 

Looking at the other perspective…

He sprained his foot after that faithful day, blaming Danah for making him stumble down when he was running away from Yeonhee.

The two didn’t stop bickering about it until the next day.

 

 

 

Best friends for life.

 

Happy Birthday Oh Heejun~

                                                                                -Jung Danah