one .

chapter twelve; Finding Him

— first day

“I know what I’m going to be in the future. It’s not because I wanted to be a superstar since I was little, but because my mother said so. She was never wrong.”

-Toby Temple, Stranger In The Mirror by Sidney Sheldon
____

Well, that was clearly the opposite of Park Jimin. His mother told him that he was going to be a doctor when he grew up. It wasn’t a burden to him to be honest since he was one of the top students in his college, but he never wanted to be a ing doctor. (“Ew, what a clichè ambition.”) But you see, this precious little tangerine wasn’t the type to say no to his parents’ requests. Plus, his mother gave him a lot of money for the sake of his success.

But he wasn’t quite sure he wanted to give up his whole life to be someone he didn’t want to be.

He tore off the page from his notebook, grinning at the doodle on it. It wasn’t actually the idiotic, childish kind of doodle. It was a drawing of a butterfly on a grass field, complete with every detail of the beautiful scenery which was actually inspired from the field at the back of the college. He also drew the shadow and the lines to accentuate the color tones of the butterfly’s wings. Jimin was really good in drawing but of course, he needed to be a doctor — doctors don’t draw. It was break time, and he was all alone at the table in the cafeteria while others were socializing with each other, the activity that he despised the most. Couples were sitting on the table (maybe they were too blind to see the chairs or basically their parents didn’t teach them the proper use of chairs, Jimin assumed), eating each other’s faces. Other students were laughing their asses off and clapping and flapping their arms like a group of goddamn chickens (Jimin labeled them as a disgrace to the whole human nation).

He was educated since he was four to be a well mannered boy. He never talked way too loud until the person who wasn’t in front of him could hear. If he bumped into people, even if they were the ones who weren’t watching their steps, he was the one who would chant continuous strings of ‘sorry’. He never laughed to people tripping in front of him, but he wasn’t the type to help them out either since he knew they would just be embarrassed if they realized Jimin saw the entire incident, and his mother told him to mind his own business so that was what he would do if his mother said so.

So the result was, he never had any relationship with girls before and he never had friends, like really, close friends. He was a quiet orange haired boy with a good looking face that would catch people’s attention and a muscular body that was hidden under the dark colored loose shirts he often wore. He somehow felt guilty to his mother and the people around him who thought he was actually kind. The truth was, he might look kind on the outside but he would curse people to rot in hell silently in his mind but of course, nobody would expect that when they looked at his boyish face and wistful dark brown eyes.

Jimin was just about to get up from his seat when a boy in a hoodie and strangely, there was a mask covering half of his face walked up to him. He felt like the time stopped when those sharp, black eyes glared at him and put a thick book on the table, and Jimin was too dazed and confused to even question why was the boy running away. He shook his head to snap out of his deep thoughts as his eyes glued on the weird book. There wasn’t any title on the cover and it was ing thick that Jimin would believe it if someone told him there were 12 000 pages in it. He cautiously opened the book and the first thing he saw was his full name printed in bold letters on the first page of the book.

This can’t be real. This must be a joke. Maybe some kind of sick ers are jealous of his grades and decided to pull off a prank on him. Yep, that’s logical enough in this kind of situation. Maybe there’s someone in this cafeteria who’s filming him right now. Maybe-

He flipped to the second page.

prologue; Born Day

On October 13th, 1995, he was safely born in Busan. His mother decided to name him Park Jimin (to have a wisdom that reaches the sky).He was a healthy baby, with a normal weight of 6.173 pounds. Mrs. Park was very sure that her newborn child would be a top student in his school and would enter a college and have a stable job as a doctor.

Park Jimin never believed in fairy tales and extraordinary stuff without scientific explanations. Maybe that was the reason he yelled out loud (“WHAT THE ACTUAL ?!”) in the public for the first time in his entire life and passed out in the middle of the cafeteria.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jeon Jungkook was a handsome, 18 years old man. And he was way too sassy than the boys around his age. It would be a gift to him in certain situations like in fights and some kind of arguing with the teachers but in the most of times, it would be the reason he would bang his head to the wall and screamed out loud in his apartment. He was actually a nice, responsible guy but he couldn’t help it to gain the title of a jerk from some girls in his high school because of his mouth but trust me, if you got him as your man, you were the luckiest cookie alive on this Earth. And he was so mature that with his tall body and arm muscles, a lot of people mistook him as a 24 years old.

He stood in front of the gate, taking a deep breath. He wore a simple, plain black t-shirt which was the 56th from his plain black t-shirts collection and a skinny jeans which he never noticed were showing his fine thighs way too much that it wasn’t even impossible if some were caught drooling by looking at his legs. He wore brown Timberlands, also the 17th pair from his Timberlands collection. A black beanie was on top of his blonde hair. Maybe most Asians looked dumb with blonde hair but with his face, it looked ing good on him. It was his first day in the college and he kept praying that he didn’t show way too much sassiness and ended up being called a jerk in his freshman year. Well, the registration went softly, as he walked up to the cafeteria, slightly fixing the grey Under Armour bag around his shoulders, a map of the college and his schedule in his left hand. His first class wouldn’t start until 10, he still got half an hour to spend.

A scream startled him as he turned around to see the reason of the chaos as the people around him also did the same. The first thing he saw was an orange haired boy on the floor with a thick book on his face (‘Ouch’, he immediately thought), unconscious. He didn’t know why he quickly ran towards the boy, not realizing the folded papers slipping out of his grip and fell to the floor.

▪ ▪ ▪

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He wiped away the tears from his eyes, turning around to look at the owner of the voice.

“Yes. ing yes.” The latter sighed.

“You’re probably going to change the future, you know that? You’re messing around with God’s job. It’s not safe.”

“Well, if God really cares, He wouldn’t do this to me, would he?”

“He must be having another story planned out for you. If you do this, you’re just going to make Him angrier.”

“I don’t ing care.” He spat out, his eyes glaring at the older.

▪ ▪ ▪

Author’s Notes

Ayo peeps. The first chap is up and istg it’s crappy ehehehehheeh. Bear with it.

Anyway, i know it’s short but tbh this whole story is so confusing even myself got confused sometimes hm hm hm.

See ya in the next update, tata.