two .

chapter twelve; Finding Him

— second day

“It seems like the society prefers good faces over good personalities nowadays .”

-Unknown
____

Over 18 years roaming on this ty world, Jungkook perfectly acknowledged the fact. He wasn’t surprised at all when his name spread like wildfire through the college as the so-called ‘that one good-looking freshman’. Apparently if you mentioned that phrase to the people studying in the college, they would immediately know that you were referring to Jeon Jungkook. It all started after he ran up to an unconscious third year student at the cafeteria and picked him up easily like he was made with some kind of paper in front of the whole college and brought him to the sick bay. He also learned the fact that he was the only freshman that got arm muscles (and thighs) and good sense of style (the Timberlands got the attention). Probably that was the reason he was uneasy the whole week, well, probably.

The real reason was that he kept seeing the unconscious boy’s face in his mind, and realizing how stupid he was when he didn’t wait for the boy to wake up so that he could ask his name, and then he realized if he did that the boy would be freaked out so he was basically out of his mind.

He screamed into his hands and smashed his face into the book on his table. (“Jeon Jungkook, please don’t do weird things in my class.” The professor exclaimed with furrowed eyebrows and a disgusted look on his slightly wrinkled face.)

He lazily lifted his face from the papers, frowning at the professor as he looked into his bag. Maybe if he read something secretly he wouldn’t be that sleepy. His eyes grew wide without any effort when he didn’t find what he wanted to read. He knew he was ed up when he remembered he left his favourite novel, Carrie by Stephen King at the sick bay, and maybe he was too sleepy and stressed out to even notice what was he doing.

“Jeon Jungkook! I swear to God, stop ripping out the pages from your reference book before I kick you out from this class!”

▪ ▪ ▪

The last thing Park Jimin wanted in his life was to wake up with a broken nose. He immediately wanted to scream but bit his fist instead, when the pain kicked in. He looked into the mirror on the wall in front of him, frowning at the strange reflection of him. His orange hair was messy, his eyes slightly droopy — probably from the long nap and his lips were dry with a small wound on his bottom lip. But what bugged him the most was some kind of bandages (or was it plaster?) on his gorgeous nose. , he probably dropped that goddamn book on his beautiful face. He wanted to grumble even more when he realized, who brought him here? His question was answered immediately when he saw a novel right beside his bed. There was a woman (she looked familiar, maybe she was an actress, Jimin thought) with her whole body dripping with blood and a hatred look on her pretty face.

“Carrie…” Jimin mumbled with an unusual hoarse voice as he opened the book.

A neat ‘Jeon Jungkook’ was written on the first page.

That’s it.

▪ ▪ ▪

Once, he despised bullying. Why? Because he was one of the victims. He was way too nice back then, giving money to the big kids in his school, smiling to everyone, offering help to his classmates, he was an angel sent from Heaven.

Sent from Heaven to be a slave to the Devils on Earth.

He remembered how he had to buy a burger from the cafeteria for a boy 2 years older than him. The burger was expensive for him at that time, around 4 dollars. His mother only gave him a dollar every day, since she packed him a lunch box that she never knew that his son gave it to the bullies. He begged for some help from his classmate and managed to get 2 dollars after doing the boy’s homework. Another 1 dollar, he walked around the school compound, searching for some coins. He grinned in joy when he finally got 4 dollars and leaped to the cafeteria and bought the burger, happily running to the senior. He perfectly remembered how that boy said he didn’t want burger, but an ice cream instead, as he snatched the burger from the small boy’s hands and threw it to the ground.

With teary eyes and slightly grumbling stomach, the younger said he didn’t have any money left for the requested ice cream, and that was how he got beaten by 5 boys that way bigger and older than him again for the millionth time.

He knew that in dramas he often watched, the victims would change and got revenge, the clichè stuff that he hated.

He was a bit happy after the bullies went to high school, but it seemed like the God hated him so much that when it was the time for him to go to high school, he met the Devils again. And it happened again, just worst.

He would limp back home with bruised torso and wounded lips, or probably bleeding nose and scarred arms. He would run to his room as soon as he stepped into his house, so that his mother wouldn’t question anything.

You see, even the Devil was once the leader of the Angels back in Heaven. Sometimes, we couldn’t be good forever, could we?

He remembered that one day, for the first time, he fought back. He didn’t realize that he had grow up so much throughout the years until he beat the bullies almost to death. For the first time, he felt the joy rushing through his veins, when he saw the boy screamed and cried in pain. The smell of blood on his fist put a grin on his face. He changed.

When he was a kid, he didn’t believe it when people said he was good looking. But when he went home that day, he saw his reflection in the mirror, as he saw his strongest weapon — his looks. That was when he realized that he got everything that every guy in the world ever wished — pretty eyes without the need of doing double eyelids surgery, perfectly sculpted jawline, tall figure, fine thighs and arm muscles that he got from fighting with the bullies.

When he turned 16, his angel self was gone completely. It was like he was a newborn baby again, but this time, as a Devil.

That was the story of Kim Taehyung, a well known third year student in a college in Seoul, also known by the girls as the popular, cold, strong, good looking jerk of the college.

▪ ▪ ▪

“Ready?”

Silence.

“You got the book?”

“Yes.”

“You see, this may requires some rules from God.”

“What is it?”

“We need to hide some parts before giving it to him.”

▪ ▪ ▪