three .

chapter twelve; Finding Him

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

- from Zoolander (2011)
____

— third day

He perfectly knew that the book would ruin his entire life the second he flipped it open, but of course, Park Jimin read it anyway. It was unusual for Jimin to do something risky like that since he was a good kid from the day he was out of his mother’s womb, but he couldn’t help it but to feel his fingers itching to pick the book onto his lap (it was way too heavy for him to read it by carrying it with his small hands and stubby fingers) and continue reading it. His nose immediately scrunched up in disgust when he noticed the small patch of dried blood on the hardcover, probably from falling on his nose a day before. His heart dropped as he opened the book with shaky hands and his eyes were glued on the brown pages almost too quick. He found out that the book told exactly everything that had happened to him — including the day he first went into the kindergarten, when he tried to give chocolate to his crush but gave it to his fat classmate instead due to his nervousness, when he passed his test and managed to enter the college, when he answered back to the seniors who tried to insult him during his freshman year, everything. He also noticed the writing style of the book was like a middle aged woman talking to him, giving advices like what a mother supposed to do, except his mother. She was always busy with her work and only stopped by to talk to him about his studies and she would frown if he failed to get high scores and would pat his head if he got good marks and again, told him to be a doctor.

He gulped down his sixth cup of coffee that night as he flipped to the next page and arrived to a new chapter. His eyes grew wide in excitement as he read the title, scanning through the paragraphs impatiently.

CHAPTER TWELVE;
SOULMATE

Shortly after Park Jimin finds this book, something exciting happens to him. You probably wonder what is the meaning of this chapter, young man. Soulmate huh? What is that you ask? Isn’t that a phrase that exists only in fairy tales you say? You see, there’s a lot of things in this world that you don’t and can’t understand, and actually unnecessary for you to understand them anyway. One of them, for example, is the existence of this book but don’t you worry, my child, you’ll find out later. So back to the story, Park Jimin manages to find a soulmate. It’s a boy, studying in the same college as him. He’s the most perfect man Jimin ever sees, the guardian to his fragile body, the sunshine during his darkest days, the one who puts a smile on his face. Finding a soulmate is a hard job, and being impatient isn’t going to help you, dear. Park Jimin meets a guy and bumps into another boy in the same week and one of them, is his soulmate. Both of them are meant for each other, and with God’s will, they will stay together forever until death tears them apart.

Jimin flipped through the pages, hoping to see a specific name stated but he found himself already on the next chapter as he closed the book with a sigh escaping his lips. So he would find a soulmate, which was a guy, (that was quite relieving since he was afraid his realistic minded mother would damn him for his uality but he and his soulmate would stay together until they died according to the book so probably his mother would accept it in the end) and was in the same college as him. There were almost 2000 students in the college and only two of them were the possible ones.

Wow, what an easy clue.

With a loud sigh (“ it!”), he plopped on his bed and the coldness of the dark night dragged him into a deep slumber in less than five minutes without noticing or remembering the unreturned book with the cover of a girl with blood dripping from the top of her head to her toes — placed on his table.

▪ ▪ ▪

fourth day

Jungkook stepped into the hallway, handsome as ever, wearing a simple plain t-shirt and a black Fred Perry hoodie, completed with BKE Longview walkshorts of the same color and a pair of burgundy Vans. His blonde hair was styled nicely, showing his gorgeous forehead and was left bare without his favourite beanie. He walked like a supermodel — broad shoulders, straight face and cinnamon scented cologne all over him. The only flaws were the light black circles under his eyes and his lips were dry — he looked weary and tired. He was still trying to adjust with the tight schedule and non-stop assignments since he was only a freshman in his fourth day. Despite having the personality as a perfectionist, he didn’t have the time to take care of his skin. However, still having the effort to dress nicely definitely deserved an award since other freshmen decided to take an easier step by just wearing their plain t-shirts and baggy pants they wore to go to sleep the night before; and that just made Jungkook even getting more popular.

He made his way to the cafeteria, his empty stomach begged for some light breakfast. He was thinking about buying two bagels with cream cheese filling when he saw the guy that was included in the reasons he was unable to sleep, sitting alone at a table — the orange haired boy that passed out in the middle of the cafeteria with a book on his face. He looked a bit different and it took 5 seconds for Jungkook to recognize him since the first and the last time he saw him was with blood covering half of his face. Now Jungkook could see the guy’s cute little nose and plump red lips, along with his slightly chubby cheeks and fine jawline. He swore his heartbeat almost stopped when the boy turned to look at him as he was planning to just break the eye contact and walked away when the orange haired guy surprisingly raised his left hand and gestured him to come near. Jungkook (dumbly) turned around, wondering (wishing to be exact) if he was calling another person, but only to find out there was nobody behind him. With round, large eyes, he pointed at himself and blurted out a “Me?”, and the stranger grinned before nodding his head.

With a deep breath, he walked towards the guy with both of his hands were slowly getting sweaty as Jungkook took a seat in front of him.

Jimin eyed the guy in front of him, secretly awed for the good sense of style he never expected would come from a four-days-freshman. His face looked rather older than his age, with his broad shoulders and long legs — Jimin assumed the younger was definitely taller than him. He chuckled when he noticed he was staring at the freshman longer than what a stranger supposed to, as he was looking at Jimin with large, surprised black eyes, the only features that put a childish touch to his appearance — made him look eighteen. His face almost made Jimin laugh, his straight expression and wide eyes looked like he was having a deep, internal monologue about the meaning of life.

“You’re Jeon Jungkook?” Jungkook raised his left eyebrow spontaneously and Jimin immediately noticed his pair of eyebrows were perfectly shaped, as if he cut them.

“Yeah?” There was a sassy tone to his voice.

Jimin ped his bag before pulling out a book that made Jungkook’s eyes grew wide again.

“That’s —”

“Your book. Yeah, I know.” He placed the book on the table as Jungkook pulled out his left hand to pick it up, before shoving it into his grey Under Armour.

“Thanks, for taking me to the sick bay.”

“No big deal.” Jungkook silently praised himself for not stuttering or blurting out a sarcastic response, like how he used to do.

“Who are you?” Jimin pulled off his white snapback before pushing his orange strands to the back with one hand and hold them with the snapback on his head.

“Park Jimin. Third year.” Jungkook smiled for the first time to Jimin, which the older replied.

“Nice to meet you, Jimin.” They both fondly looked at each other, smiles never leaving their lips.

It was a start to something new.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jimin thought he was in his bed, but the next second he found out that he fell asleep on the table, and he felt his eyes grew wide as he realized he was thirty minutes late for his class. He swore he never felt his knees grew weak like that as he clumsily stuffed all of his books into his bag before running along the hallway, slightly tripping on his right leg. His mind went completely blank, the thoughts of getting expelled (that surely wouldn’t happen but he was too panic to think straight) bombed his mind and the only thing that made him finally snap out of his own world was when his shoulder felt like it was hit by thousands of bricks, followed by the sting and the feeling of the cold floor creeping to his . He just ran into someone, sending the guy also on the ground with his books with a loud thud and a deep voiced “!”. Now Jimin felt guilty than ever.

The smaller boy was just about to apologize but froze when he looked up, meeting a pair of mesmerizing dark brown eyes which were sending him a cold glare. The floor was full of scattered books and assignment papers, that Jimin assumed came from a The Avengers bag near them. A boy was sitting on the floor (a hot one to be exact) with his large hands supporting his weight — placed on the floor behind him, and his long legs spread open in front of Jimin (that sounds really wrong). But what caught Jimin the most was his features. His long hazelnut colored hair was tied into a slightly messy man bun, showing his forehead. His eyebrows were arched down, his beautiful eyes were dull; as if the sparks that used to dance in those orbs were taken away. His cheekbones seemed to put a nice touch of his arrogant looks, along with his red lips. The lack of hair around his neck and behind his ears (thanks to the goddamn man bun) managed to accentuate his perfectly sculpted jawline. He wore a black long sleeves shirt which were folded until both of his elbows were showing — Jimin couldn’t help but to admit that his veins were a little too distracting. Ripped skinny jeans covered his legs, and lastly a pair of black sneakers completed his look.

Jimin could’ve fallen for him if only he didn’t show his normal jerk self way too soon.

“Where do you put your eyes? On your ?! I’m ing late to my class right now!”

“Well I’m sorry that I obviously put my eyes on my , but you don’t have to shout at me like that! In fact, I’m also late to my next class.” Jimin’s higher voice managed to make the deep voiced guy close his mouth and continued to look at the smaller boy with an icy cold glare and trembling fists, his adam’s apple bobbing up and down.

Jimin noticed there was a faint hue of red spread throughout the latter’s cheeks.

▪ ▪ ▪

Author’s Note

Yoooooo I’m back. I’m just finished taking exam and I scored 78 for my Mandarin test. Quite surprising tbh. So I introduce two characters to Jimin in this chapter, miserably failing of making the flow of the story to go nicely. Fml.

I watched Civil War for the second time last night, and succesfully added a new gay ship to my OTP list. Please tell me that at least one of you ship Steve/Bucky (i think they’re called Stucky, whtvs). I honestly ship gay couples way too hard these days that even when I see a straight couple in movies I’ll cringe. The awkwardness level is too high. Blergh.

I ramble too much. . I think that’s all for now. Hope you like the chapter. See you in the next one!

Tata.