prologue .

chapter twelve; Finding Him

— 395 days after reading the book

He loved how this house welcomed into itself in every season lemony flecked rhomboids of sun whose slow sliding revolved it with the day, like the cabin of a ship on a curving course. His dark brown eyes darted from the window panes — which were slightly bursting with blinding sunlight. The corners of his lips immediately curved upwards when he saw the figure in front of him. He never expected nor imagined this moment would happen to him, the moment he waited for a really, long time. His small eyes turned into a beautiful pair of sparkly crescents due to his a little too wide smile, lines started to form at the end of those eyes of his.

“Finally, I found you.” Jimin’s honey coated voice filled the silent atmosphere, drawing full attention from the guy.

Before him, at a little distance, reclined a young, tall boy that was probably a tad bit younger than him. His eyes were black and dangerously mesmerizing. His eyebrows were arched down in a serious way but far from unkind. His nose and cheekbones were (to Jimin) crafted by the God himself, and his jawline, gosh. His facial features were arrogant looking but Jimin knew the real him. His hair was tousled on his head, the kind of hairstyle that would send you crazy. A simple white t-shirt was wrapping his upper body, along with the skinny jeans that defined his thighs a bit too much, the blue material a bit ripped on his knees.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. Jimin guessed he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. He was handsome alright, but inside he was even more beautiful.

It was a sudden action for the guy to move forward and capture the smaller boy in his strong embrace, and it was a quick, slightly unexpected action for Jimin to hug him back. The shorter buried his nose at the crook of the guy’s neck, inhaling his scent that was actually already on every of Jimin’s clothes. The taller ran his fingers through Jimin’s orange locks, feeling the strands grazing against his skin. “I’m glad you found me too.”

They stayed like that for a while, until Jimin pulled away (after thinking for like a thousand times in his head) and stared at him.

The guy seemed to know what was going on in his head, as he turned around to fetch his sling bag and ped it, pulling out some papers from it. The papers were yellowish, the color of old novels. The left side of them were forming a zigzag pattern, as if the pages were torn from a book. He handed them to Jimin, who was looking at the papers, his pupils went wide and his breath staggered.

“Would you read it?”

Jimin really did wish he knew the answer.