Three

The Baddest

 

 

When I glanced at him, he looked into my eye and looked away. What? He can't handle my stares? 

 
 
I quietly watched Silent Movers, as they are next to perform. As far as my knowledge reach, they are a group of half-Japanese, and half-Korean. 
 
 
"What a bunch of wannabe dancers." I heard Wendy whispered. 
 
 
Before the music starts, I saw Kira waved at his direction which he returned. The judge signals them to start. 
 
 
We watched them, though I must say they're great, there's something missing. Emotions. 
 
 
They're eyes looked blank. Some are smiling but majority looked blank. I even saw one of the male members winked at Jenny. 
 
 
Justin laughed. While Jenny groaned, obviously annoyed and disgusted.
 
 
Is he trying to be seductive? Sorry, but this is Jenny Stingson Lee you're winking at. It takes more than that face to please my members. 
 
 
They only danced one song. They didn't mash up? 
 
 
And... they're dance is kinda boring. The judges dosen't look satisfied. However, one judge look happy. Who's that? He's satisfied?! No one even clapped! 
 
 
"Demigods, it's your turn." One of the judges said. 
 
 
Okay, time to open the curtains. We all got ready, I kept my phone and headphones on my gym bag while Justin gave the USB containing our songs. When we neared the mini stage, Kira looked at me as if mocking my team. 
 
 
Oh, bit-ch, you won't play with me. 
 
 
"Okay, you may start now." 
 
 
 
Our song was a mash-up of David Guetta's Hey Mama, Spice Girl's Wannabe, Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk and Megan Trainor's Dear Future Husband. 
 
 
We are all in position by pair. My partner's Ezekiel.  When the music starts playing, me and Ezekiel started dancing. When the chorus came, everyone started dancing with us in-sync. I told them to lip-sync so that it would be much better. All right, show them what we got. 
 
 
When it was the next song, Wannabe, the boys joined us too, dancing girly moves, but you still can see the manliness in them. They dance it in their own boys' version.
 
 
When it was Uptown Funk, they boys are in their position while the girls also got ready for the next song. 
 
 
We ended the dance gracefully with the fierce look on our face. 
 
As I've noticed, everyone was watching. Unlike before, only the judges paid attention but now, all I can see is their amused look on their faces. Including him and Kira looked us with that face. Tss.
 
 
Now, bitc-h, THAT is how you dance.
 
 
The judges and majority of the audience clapped, leaving us the impression that we danced better than the other group. 
 
 
"Very good, Demigods. I'm impressed with your dance moves. Are you the only ones who thought of those dance moves? May I know who your leader is." Oh. I remember him. Must be President Yang Hyun Suk.
 
 
I got the mic from the production team. When the spotlight was on me, I heard whispers.
 
 
"Hello, my name is Athena Park and I'm the leader of the Demigods. And yes, we're the only one who thought about our dance moves. We want originality." I said directly looking into his eyes.
 
 
He laughed. "How's your mother, miss Park?" He asked and the whispers became louder. I saw him widened his eyes in my peripheral vision. 
 
 
"She's okay and doing very fine, sir." He nodded at my answer. 
 
 
"Okay. I'll give the resuly tomorrow. Good job, D-Gods." He told us then gave is the signal to go as another group will performed. When we got to our sits, Justin nudge me, 
 
 
"What the hell did he name our group?" He asked as I smirked.
 
 
"I don't know, 'The Gods'?" I said and I laughed at his expression.
 
 
When it was time to go home, Derrie texted the twins to fetch us. I told them to wait for me in the parking lot while I changed. I smelled sweat and that's gross. 
 
 
After I finished up, I got my phone and my headphones again and place it on my neck. When I got out of the comfort room, I saw Kira. When she noticed me, she approached me. 
 
 
"So.. the daughter of one of the prettiest bachelorette in New York." She said in a mocking tone.  I raise my elegant eyebrow on her. 
 
 
"So.. the daughter of the slu-ttiest woman in Korea." I said, smirking seeing her faced turned red, she's flustered. 
 
 
"Look, I don't have time for you--" I was about to pass her when she grabbed my elbow and brought me to where I was standing earlier. 
 
 
"Why are you here?" she asked me, her eyes are angry.
 
 
"Don't state the obvious. You look stupi-d."  I said and I yanked my elbow from her hand.
 
 
"Just because the president praised your group dosen't mean you own the world!" She snarled
 
 
I sigh. I should have called Wendy to be with me, I shouldn't have cross path with this dummy. 
 
 
"Who says I want to own the world? Nah, I don't want to be involved in politics. Now, if you excused me,--" she grabbed me again.
 
 
I looked at her, annoyed.
 
 
"You here to break my family? That won't happen, Park." she warned
 
 
"But it's already broken. Rumors reached New York, you know. And recently, the news broadcasts photos of your mom getting intimate with a model." I laughed sarcastically
 
 
"You dare insult my mother?" She asked, her face bright red from anger. 
 
 
"No. I'm merely stating facts and observation from what I see in your mother." I said calmly. I'm getting tires of this convo.
 
 
"Why you--!" She said but is cut off
 
 
"Athena!" said a deep voice behind her. 
 
 
"Why, Justin?" I asked and was ready to pass her not before I bumped her shoulder with mine. She seemed to have no energy at all from what I said earlier. 
 
 
"What took you so long?" As I approached Justin, he reached for my bag amd carried it.
 
 
"Can we talk?" said a husky voice behind us when we're about to go out the building and head to the parking lot.
 
 
We looked behind and I grunted. 
 
 
Another dummy to talk?