Accepted Prompts

Under The Same Sky - A Writing Contest [Intermission - Voting]

1. It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but it's even harder to give when you know it's everything you want.

(submitted by DGNA_Forever)

2. In an instant, the sky turned black as night,even though it was yet midday. The goddess proved her reach, striking out at random as we scurried for cover. The curse was coming true.
- classroom of death chronicles

(submitted by DGNA_Forever)

3. A powerful magical creature disguises itself as a library. It eats people for knowledge which it writes in books. Through a manner of events, you have become the librarian.

(submitted by Sphinx_)

4. You are on a typical elevator ride with a group of other people, suddenly a man says, "So, I bet you're wondering why I've gathered you here" before hitting the emergency stop button.

(submitted by Sphinx_)

5. (click on image to see full size)

(submitted by Sphinx_)

6. Why are you here? It’s raining.” She looked the eyes of her lover she loves with sorrow. Her lover who also drenched in rain, stood in front of her like a unwavering mountain. “What else could I do but let the rain drench me to share that sorrow…” Her black eyes widened with the answer.
She launched into her younger lover’s arms for some warm. And now her heart was at ease.

(submitted by drunkendiamond)

7. “Maybe if I had averted my eyes that day, I wouldn't have lost my mind today.“

(submitted by drunkendiamond)

8. “Unit 15 dispatch over. In pursuit of a black vehicle. License plate GG805. Yeah, we’re gonna need backup."

(submitted by kimkimsara)

9. Every century as part of the Enlightenment Festival, a member from each species is selected to set off on a quest for the Enlightenment stone. The one that finds it guarantees it's species a position of power for the next 100 years. Humans have never won the Quest, and therefore, the human species treats the game as nothing more than a cruel human sacrifice. They thus pick someone out of the poorest ranks, to keep from losing anyone deemed important. But what happens, when this castaway wins the contest.

(submitted by DGNA_Forever)

10. Seven years of bad luck. Everyone knows that. We do not break mirrors. No one ever wonders why, no questions are asked. But I know if a mirror breaks, it escapes.

(submitted by EllaNotEya)

11. The Capital is hunting all women, hell-bent on finding a cure that doesn’t exist. I am a woman. I am fighting tooth and nail to survive in this post apocalyptic wasteland.

(submitted by EllaNotEya)

12. A sniper and a photographer meet at the bar. They chat about taking the perfect “shot”.

(submitted by EllaNotEya)

13. They looked at the gray, bleak sky outside the small window while sitting in the tiny room atop a tall black tower. The door was bolted shut, and the window was too far away and dangerous to even try, for they were also chained to the ground with a weight too big to break. Trust, they've tried hundreds of times. So, all they could do was wait for a savior, as they sat trapped for months on the cold, hard ground, of the tower room.

(submitted by TheEmeraldGirl23)

14. “Seoul is on the brink of falling.”
“How? The city looks just fine to me.”
“Perhaps now, but I was witness to its destruction. Five years from now, this city will be nothing but ashes.”

(submitted by TheEmeraldGirl23)

15. “One year,” their CEO said. “One year to make a hit that will take the world by storm. Or else." Their CEO made a cutting motion through his throat. One year to create the world's biggest hit song, or else they'll be kicked. No pressure. No pressure, whatsoever. Yeah.

(submitted by TheEmeraldGirl23)

16. Person A: You lied to me.
Person B: I lie to everybody. What makes you so special?
(- The Mummy)

(submitted by nicorobin)

17. A young woman discovers her new love interest is actually a powerful immortal being in disguise.

(submitted by rose272054)

18. Two people from rival magical families fall in love despite their families' long-standing feud.

(submitted by rose272054)

19. Four years after a difficult breakup, a young woman has finally moved on and rebuilt her life in a new city

(submitted by rose272054)

20. Dreams are for idealists, but realists live way too objectively that they forgot that dreams forge their future, too.

(submitted by captaintycoon)