Chasing Im Nayeon (IX)

Race You To Her Heart

 


 

RACE YOU TO HER HEART; 
Chapter 9: Chasing Im Nayeon (IX)

 

Dahyun doesn't wait for Nayeon the week after that. She decided that that sinking feeling she felt after seeing Nayeon with Nichkhyun each time - almost everyday - was too much... It became unbearable for Dahyun; it made her heart ache. Dahyun didn't quite understand that feeling, but she knew that she hated it. It was like an itch, a painful one, gnawing at the bottom of her heart, and it just wouldn't go away. 


Each time that feeling came, Dahyun would go running alone. She would run for miles and miles, usually in the middle of the night, until that awful feeling finally went away. It usually ended up with her feeling nausea and dizzy (which was awful too) when she got home... And she'd lie on the floor, her head spinning as she scoffed to herself. 


'Just what are you doing to me... Nayeon unnie...'


It's been a week since she saw Nayeon when Dahyun decided that the stupid sinking feeling had already cleared up, and that the whole Nichkyun thing was a stupid reason for her to stop meeting Nayeon. So Dahyun goes over to wait for Nayeon again. This time though, she heard Jihyo tell her about Nayeon going on a date with Nichkhyun. And Dahyun doesn't know if she should regret going over to wait for Nayeon.


"Everyone in school is talking about it," Jihyo randomly said, annoyed. "At this rate they'd surely end up together," the big-eyed girl scoffed while looking at her phone. 


She then glanced at Dahyun, who had started looking at the ground, with no comments (unlike her usual self which had full of words against whatever Jihyo said) and a frown upon her face. 


For the first time, Dahyun felt as though Jihyo actually treated her as a person (or a friend even) because Jihyo later went to place a comforting hand on Dahyun's shoulder asking her, "Hey kid, are you alright?"


But Dahyun obviously wasn't alright. The younger girl was devastated. 

Still she wanted to nod, pretending to be absolutely fine.
Of course she was alright.
Why wouldn't she be anyway? 


However she somehow let another set of words slip through instead.
"Ah... Why does my heart hurt all of a sudden..." She whispered out, with a small bitter smile, to no one in particular. 


Jihyo heard her though. "That's because you're falling in love..." She trailed off with a similar bitter smile donned on her face. Dahyun looked up at Jihyo, slightly confused.


"And sometimes... falling in love can hurt," Jihyo continued. 


"Huh?" Dahyun stared at her more bewildered than ever. What is Jihyo even talking about? 


"You're in love with Im Nayeon," Jihyo stated a matter of factly.
"Aren't you?" She asked.
Just then her ride home pulled up next to them.


The big-eyed girl sighed, shaking her head as she patted a speechless Dahyun on the shoulder, before walking off towards her car.


Whatever Jihyo had said never left Dahyun's mind, even after Jihyo's car had sped off. 



"That's because you're falling in love..."



"And sometimes... falling in love can hurt."



"You're in love with Im Nayeon..." 



"... Aren't you?"


Those words repeated and repeated in Dahyun's mind for what seemed like eternity until suddenly another voice sliced through Dahyun's thoughts. 


"Annyeong Dahyun-ah!"


Except, that voice wasn't just in her head... it was actually real life. 


"Hey, what are you doing," Nayeon asked while poking Dahyun on the cheek. Dahyun stared at the older girl, who was suddenly next to her. "Stop staring into space like that silly," Nayeon laughed. 


That laugh echoed in Dahyun's ears, like a comforting sort of melody, as she continued staring at Nayeon. 


Nayeon; whose eyes had became dark crescents when she smiled.
Nayeon's high cheekbones that made her face so beautiful. 

Nayeon's pretty pink lips that are pulled back to show her bunny-like front teeth. 


...


Nayeon's soft hand now on her's, pulling her towards the busstop. 


Nayeon's lovable worried expression when Dahyun continued to be in a daze. 


Nayeon's jet black hair that fell perfectly below her shoulders. 


Nayeon's soothing voice calling her name. 


"Dahyun-ah?"


"Dahyun?"


"Kim Dahyun??"


"Oh my God why are you being like this? Is your anemia acting up? Dahyun-ah??"


And that's when it hit Dahyun. 


Oh... 


That's right... 


Everything makes sense now... 


... 

 

I am in love 
with Im Nayeon. 

 


-
 

 

Nayeon kept glancing at Dahyun in worry during their entire bus ride home... While Dahyun kept trying to avoid meeting her eyes. 


"P-please stop staring at me," Dahyun said eventually, feeling her heart fluttering nervously. "I already told you I'm fine, Nayeon unnie."


"Are you sure?" Nayeon didn't believe her. "You seem really... distracted today." She said while going to place the back of her hand on Dahyun's forehead. "Are you perhaps sick?"


"N-no," Dahyun found herself stuttering out as she gently peeled Nayeon's hand away. "I'm fine, really."


Nayeon sighed. "Did something happen then?" She asked, concerned.


Dahyun pondered on for a moment. Well, there was indeed something that was bothering her. She later decided to ask Nayeon about it - about her dating Nichkhyun - only to have Nayeon asking another question back. "Hmm... Dahyun-ah, what do you think of Nic oppa?"


Dahyun thought for a moment. "Nichkhyun sunbae-nim is..." she paused, "great." Dahyun said honestly. 


Nayeon looked at her curiously, "How so?"


"Well he's... handsome, he behaves like a gentleman... He sings and dances and is generally nice?" 


'He's perfect, I hate him.' Dahyun secretly thought.


Nayeon nodded at her answer, then looked out of the bus window as though pondering over something. "Do you think I should... date him then?" 


The younger girl became speechless again after that.
 

She felt some sort of fear... Some sort of panic... Some sort of rage... All coming together to form this lump in , as something clenched at her heart. went dry as she forced out her next words, "You should... date whoever you like, Nayeon unnie..." She muttered out with a bitter smile. Why does this situation feel so familiar? 


"Oh yeah?" Nayeon breathed. Her dark eyes were looking right into Dahyun's then, as though studying her, and Dahyun thought she felt a small shiver run down her back. What's with that gaze? Dahyun looked away. She thought she heard Nayeon chuckle softly after that, as she mumbled out her next words. "Date whoever I like huh... maybe I should date you then."


Dahyun's heart skipped a beat.
Did Nayeon actually just said that?
Or was Dahyun just hearing things?


"Nic oppa is so popular though," Nayeon continued with a sigh. "I'm not sure if we would work out."


Dahyun thought for a moment. "But... If Nichkhyun sunbae-nim makes you happy then... why not?" 


Nayeon glanced at Dahyun, as though slightly taken aback by her simple answer. 


"Well what if he got bored of me?" Nayeon said. "There's so many other better girls around him anyway..."


"What?? Nayeon unnie... No one would ever get bored of you." Dahyun said sincerely. "Besides, Nichkhyun sunbae-nim should be the one that's worried instead."


Nayeon laughed, "And why would he be?"


"Well, aren't you popular too?" Dahyun said with a playful grin. "You're the great vocalist Im Nayeon!"


Nayeon scoffed, "Pish... shut up, I'm not. Many people sing better than me. I bet people just notice me because of my bunny-like front teeth when I sing on stage... they probably find it weird."  


"What? No they don't! You're seriously popular Nayeon unnie," Dahyun said. "Trust me, I know because I went to your show. You have fans! Plus, you're smart and nice too. Not to mention beautiful! And your teeth aren't weird at all, you're so cute when you smile with that bunny-like teeth of yours, do you know that? It makes you... you! And you're talented and you have a nice voice! Oh your voice is great!" Dahyun subconciously started rambling on.

Why would Nayeon even think that her teeth was weird?

"In fact, you're great Nayeon unnie! Any guy would be lucky to have you."  


When Dahyun was done with her rambling, she looked up at Nayeon to notice how the older girl had a embarrassed sort of grin on her face. 


"You really think so?" She asked Dahyun.
Was that a blush Dahyun saw on her face?
 
 

"Yes, Nayeon unnie. You're... wonderful." Dahyun nodde truthfully. This time it was Nayeon's turn to look away.


"Thank you Dahyun-ah..." Nayeon said as she looked out of the bus window, and Dahyun found herself smiling for some reason. She didn't know she'd feel this good complimenting the person she likes. 


"I guess... I don't have to worry about dating Nic oppa then..." Nayeon trailed off.


Dahyun's smile suddenly faded.


"I guess you don't."


...


Dahyun wanted to slap herself for saying all that when she got home, she realised how she was practically giving Nayeon away to Nichkhyun. At the same time though, Dahyun truly wanted Nayeon to be happy... And if Nichkhyun could do that, Dahyun doesn't see why she should disapprove of them being together.


Dahyun went home that day with the urge to cry, but she held her tears in (finding no good reason for them) grumbling to herself instead about how "stupid Nichkhyun sunbae-nim was always with Nayeon unnie" as she stuffed her face into a  pillow on the couch throwing some sort of tantrum. 


Her brother came home slightly drunk that night, overhearing her and started laughing. "Who on earth made you this upset?"


"No one," Dahyun huffed, crossing her arms, slightly embarrassed that her brother caught her throwing a tantrum in the living room. 


"Are you sure?" He slurred out, throwing himself onto the couch next to Dahyun. "Seems like you're jealous over this Nichkhyun guy hanging out with Nayeon?" He said. 


"Well why do they have to hang out together so much anyway!" Dahyun said, clearly upset. "He's perfect... And she's perfect too... They're going to end up together!" Okay... Dahyun really wanted to cry then. 


"Woah, you sound like a jealous girlfriend," her brother teased. 


Dahyun sulked. Was she jealous? Is this jealousy she was feeling? That's right... It definitely seemed so... 


"You must really like this Nichkhyun guy," her brother assumed. 


"No I don't," Dahyun immediately blurted out.
'I like Nayeon unnie instead.' 
Na.
Yeon.
Un.
Nie. 

But he didn't have to know that.


"Yes, you do," her brother continued teasing. "Or else you wouldn't be so mad just 'cause he's hanging out with someone else." 


Dahyun kept quiet, thinking about what he said for a moment. "Hey oppa, have you ever liked someone?"


"Yeah of course," her brother said cheekily, "I've liked plenty of girls."


Dahyun rolled her eyes at him and he chuckled. "What was it like?" She asked innocently. "Like how do you know when you like someone?"


Her drunk state of a brother grinned sheepishly to himself, "Well you just know." He said nodding, with his eyes closing, as though it totally made sense.


Dahyun looked at him, sighing at his stupid answer. Gosh he's so drunk. "Okay... Then what do you do when you like someone?"


'What should I do?'
 

He hummed to himself, pondering for a moment. "Well... You should definitely get your feelings across." He slurred out nodding to himself like a fool. "Fight for your own happiness, if you don't... someone else might steal the person away."


"Oh..." Dahyun breathed as a familiar person appeared in her mind. "How do I do that then?"


"Oh, you could start by dropping hints," he muttered playfully as he swung an arm around Dahyun's shoulder. "Ya'know flirting with them...  Complimenting them... Spending time with them more often..." He said,  leaning in closer to Dahyun. "And when you get a little closer you can try touching them, giving them hugs and all."


Dahyun suddenly thought about the times Nayeon hugged her, the times they hooked arms and the times she touched her face. The younger girl felt her cheeks grew hot. 


"Ew get off me oppa you stink!" Dahyun scolded him to keep her mind off Nayeon. Thank goodness their parents are already asleep, or they'd catch him in this drunk stinky state.


"Shhh... I'm not done. Listen to your oppa's advice Dahyunnie!" He whined.


"Okay fine," Dahyun said, rather amused as she held her nose. He reeked of the smell of alcohol. 


"And lastly, when the time is right," he said confidently,  "you'd want to kiss them like this." He finished by planting a wet sloppy kiss on Dahyun's cheek. 


"Yah oppa!" Dahyun shrieked, horrified. She wiped at her face hysterically, pushing him away. Her brother rolled off the couch falling onto the floor. "Conquer your love Dahyunnie! Don't let it slip away ~" he said in a sing-song voice. 


Dahyun rolled her eyes. "You're so gross! Oh my God and you stink too yucks! I'm telling omma and appa you went drinking with your friends!"


He started giggling to himself on the floor and Dahyun really considered taking a video of him slurring like that and showing him the next morning. "Nope," he started saying. "If you tell on me I'll tell on you too."


"And what is there to tell on me?" Dahyun asked.


"That you've been running again," he said simply.


Dahyun's jaw dropped, "H-how did you know?"


"Pabo..." He said. "You always leave your running shoes outside when you go running at night," he slurred out with a yawn. "Who do you think always bring them in and hides them back in the shoe cabinet for you, you dummy!"


Dahyun kept quiet at that, she was at a loss for words, like a child being caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.


"Dahyun, you shouldn't be running if you have anemia, what if you have to go to the hospital again..." he chided her softly, falling asleep on the ground. Well he obviously disapproves... But Dahyun was glad he didn't tell on her yet. How long had he known?


"Oppa don't sleep on the floor out here, you'll catch a cold." She continued, lightly giving him a kick on the leg as she avoided the subject.


"No I won't, I am a strong man," he mumured out.


"Shut up," she laughed, going to tug at his arms. "Get up, oppa! Go take a shower you stink!" Gosh he was so heavy.


"Nahhh..." 


Dahyun tried dragging him across the floor. "If you don't shower omma and appa will yell at you in the morning," she told him. But he wouldn't budge. "And... and no girls will wanna date you forever!"


At that, his eyes shot open.


"Yes oppa, girls hate drunk stinky men. Now please go shower."



-



School work started to get heavier for Dahyun. And so did track practice. She didn't mind though - for track at least - it was her last year on the team, on this team, and she wanted to give it her all... So much so that she started neglecting some of her studies. 


Apart from her own practice, Dahyun now had track practices four times a week in school. It can't be helped since competition season was coming up. Then it'd be exam period, followed by a short break, more practices, competition, more tests, exams, and then about half way through the year she'd be done with track for the rest of her middle school life. There was something more important the school had in stall for her- the preparation for her final year exam.


Hence, it was a busy year for Dahyun too, where she had to try her best to juggle her limited time well. There began to be times where she really really could not afford to just waste her hours and minutes being idle, especially standing (or sitting) and doing nothing while waiting for Nayeon unnie (at least that's what she told herself). So Dahyun used that as an excuse and started waiting for Nayeon lesser...  


But honestly... 
part of her was just... 
afraid... 


She didn't know what exactly she was afraid of though. 


Was it seeing Nayeon with Nichkhyun? Was it finding out that the two were really dating? What if the older girl found out about her feelings? Could they still be friends then? Probably not... And Dahyun couldn't bare letting that happen. 

She definitely couldn't just recklessly follow her brother's drunk advice, so Dahyun decided that she wanted to wait out her feelings. Maybe if she didn't see Nayeon for a while all these confusion and pain and strange feelings would go away. Yes, it just might work... She thought. So after thinking for a long time, Dahyun decided to start avoiding Nayeon. 

 

That was alright though, it seemed like Nayeon didn't have much time for her anyway...

 

Sometimes Dahyun couldn't help but go over to wait for Nayeon, only to run away in the end (just when Nayeon was about to come out of her school) before she can even bump into her. 'What am I even doing?' Dahyun would ask herself. 


A couple of weeks passed and soon Dahyun admitted that she missed seeing the older girl. In fact, Dahyun missed her everyday... Very very much.


"Hi, Jihyo unnie!" Dahyun greeted, a little too cheerily one day. 


It's been awhile since she last saw the intimidating big-eyed girl. In her quest to 'wait out her feelings' Dahyun realised she even saw Jihyo more times than she actually met Nayeon. 


Jihyo stared at her. "Ah, it's you," she said slightly less annoyed than usual. And Dahyun had thought that maybe - just maybe - Jihyo had missed chatting with the younger girl a little.


Dahyun grinned at her while sitting in a corner on the ledge of a short wall by Nayeon's school gate. She swung her legs against the concrete wall, sipping on a juicebox as she waited for Nayeon. Jackson was there too, sitting next to her while also sipping on a juicebox, and Jihyo had casted him a nonchalent glance for a brief second. 


Jackson waved to Jihyo, but she ignored him. "I told you she was like this," Dahyun whispered to him, snickering as she watch her best friend rubbed at his neck feeling embarrassed. 


"You seem to be in a good mood today," Jihyo said with the same hint of nonchalance to Dahyun, while staring at her phone as usual. 


"Yeah," Dahyun nodded simply. "Track practice was good today," Dahyun chirped, taking another sip from her juice box. Well that was part of the reason... Another reason was because her coach had decided to make Dahyun vice-captain of the track team that day. 


Jackson seemed to be the happiest after hearing that news (he had cheered and went over to sweep her up into a bone crushing hug right after practice, throwing a surprised Dahyun into the air before carrying her all the way to the cafeteria and forcing her to buy him a drink to celebrate). "Plus I finished all my homework early!" Oh and that reason too... Which meant she could spend all the time she wanted to wait for Nayeon. Maybe she shouldn't run away today. 


"Good for you," Jihyo said almost sarcastically. "I haven't had the time to even start on my homework and show choir practice was crappy."


"Oh..." Dahyun said feeling bad for Jihyo. "Hwaiiting Jihyo unnie!" Dahyun said with a fist up in front of her, trying to cheer the big-eyed girl up a little bit. "Yeah, himnae noona!" Jackson added.


Jihyo just scoffed at the two cheery friends, rolling her eyes, before staring back at her phone. 


Dahyun chuckled to herself; she wondered if it was this bad for Nayeon too. "Um... Do you know if Nayeon unnie has plans after school today?"


Jihyo looked up for a moment, casting a cold glance at Dahyun.
The latter met Jihyo's eyes, inwardly chanting to herself about how Jihyo wasn't that scary so she shouldn't be intimidated.


"I don't know," Jihyo later said with distain. She looked at her phone again. "I'm not her secretary, how would I know her schedule."


"Oh..." Dahyun mumbled. Wow, show chior practice must have really today.


"I see what you mean by that 'Jihyo attitude' now Dubu," Jackson whispered to her. Dahyun giggled. 


Just then Taecyeon came strolling out of school. "Omo, Taec oppa!" Dahyun waved.


"Yo Dahyun!" Taecyeon chirped, jogging towards them. He nodded at Jihyo who threw him a half-hearted smile back as a greeting. "Waiting for Nayeon again?" He asked Dahyun.


The younger girl nodded. "Oh yes!" Dahyun remembered. "Taec oppa, this is Jackson my best friend. And Mandu, this is the oppa who's also in track that I was telling you about."

 

As expected, Jackson and Taecyeon got along extremely well... even though they had only literally just met, they chatted as though they were like brothers. 
 

"Um so Dahyun..." Taecyeon said, nervously rubbing at his neck all of a sudden. Jihyo (who had been listening to them talk the whole time) and Jackson looked at him oddly while Dahyun glanced at him in question. "What is it, Taec oppa?"


"So uh... there's this spring festival coming up in my school..." Taecyeon trailed off looking at his feet. "It's something like a school dance party, with music and food and all..."


Jihyo raised her eyebrows at that and Jackson looked at him with a knowing smirk. Dahyun on the other hand was rather clueless about why Taecyeon was telling her about this. All she could think about was how Nayeon had mentioned this festival before too... and how she was going to attend the dance as Nichkhyun's date.


"And we are suppose to bring along a date so..." Taecyeon said. "I was wondering if... you'd be interested to go to the festival with me?" 

 

Oh... so that's why.

 

Jackson whistled at that, teasing Dahyun about it, "Are you asking my dubu out as your date?" he gasped dramatically, while placing an arm playfully around Dahyun's shoulder. The younger girl couldn't help but blush in embarrassment, as she elbowed Jackson on the ribs.


"Y-yes," Taecyeon replied. "Yes I am." He cleared his throat. "It'll be on a Friday evening two weeks from now."


"Ah... we have track practice on that day but, I'm sure Dahyun could skip it," Jackson answered for her with a wink. "In fact, as captain of the track team, I'll even personally come up with an excuse for her. Right, Dubu-yah?" Dahyun really wanted to punch her best friend in the face.


"Really? That did be great Jackson! By the way I think it's a masquerade theme... right Jihyo?" He glanced over at the big-eyed girl. Jihyo rolled her eyes before nodding. "Yes a masquerade theme with performances and all," Taecyeon then continued. "And um... Nayeon and Jihyo will be there too! It'll be really cool, I promise!"


Dahyun heard Jihyo cough before glaring at the older guy. "Please don't drag me into your little scheme in asking a younger girl out, Ok Taecyeon."


Taecyeon chuckled sheepishly. "Anyway... I really hope you can come."

 

Dahyun looked at him after he was done. She didn't know what to say to be honest. A high school dance party... sure it seemed fun but... won't she be out of place going to a place like that? She really didn't mind going with Taecyeon though, they were friends, Dahyun was comfortable with him and he was a fun and decent guy. 


Seeing how Dahyun had gotten quiet, Taecyeon decided to be less agressive about it. "Hey um... No pressure okay? You can think about it first and get back to me later. Or if you really don't want to come it's okay too you know?" Taecyeon mumbled the last part out. "I just thought it'd be more fun if you could come..."


"Um... it's not that I don't want to come... but I can't really dance," Dahyun admitted. "And what if you have to mingle with your friends, I'm afraid that I'd feel quite... out of place then."

 

"Oh don't worry about all that!" Taecyeon reassured her. "I can teach you how to dance. You don't even need to dance well. I mean if you don't want to even dance it's fine too! We could just... watch performances, eat food and um... play games!" He rambled on excitedly. "And I'll make sure to take care of you there, you won't feel out of place at all, I swear!"
 

Dahyun pondered on for a moment... well since Taecyeon was super sincere and excited about this... it'd be saddening if Dahyun said no. She'd feel bad for the entire week even. Plus he promised to take care of her there and Jackson was super supportive about this too. "Just say yes Dubu," he whispered next to Dahyun. Also, Dahyun wanted to see Nayeon perform... not to mention observe if Nichkhyun would take advantage of her Nayeon unnie. So... why not?

 

"Okay Taec oppa," Dahyun said. "I'll go with you."

 

"Seriously?!" Taecyeon exclaimed, his face immediately lighting up. It was obvious he was very glad.

 

"Yes. But do I have to buy a mask or something?"

 

"You don't have to bring a mask. No wait, you don't even have to bring anything." He told her. "I can even pick you up if you want. It'll be so fun!"

 

Dahyun laughed, "Sure why not?"

 

Taecyeon smiled. "Okay uh I guess... I'll get going for now!" Taecyeon said while looking at his wristwatch. "I'll depend on you to help Dahyun skip track practice on that day now..." He told Jackson jokingly. "Okay I have to go I'll see you guys soon!" He said with a wave before running off.

 

Jackson smirked at Dahyun, "Oooooh our Dubu is going on a date." He teased. And Dahyun smacked him on the arm. "Ouch! Why'd you hit me you monster!" At that Dahyun tried to push him off the ledge that they were both sitting on.

 

"Woahhhhh!" Jackson screamed trying to balance himself. "Stop it I'm really going to fall off!"

 

"Shut up, you deserve it," Dahyun glared at her mischievous best friend. Jackson only laughed after that.


"Park Jisoo!" Dahyun heard a familiar voice call out all of a sudden. She looked towards the gate, a smile already appearing on her face as she saw Nayeon jogging out. Yes, she definitely shouldn't run away from the girl today. 


Jihyo quickly whipped her head around upon hearing that, and Dahyun watched as Jihyo's eyebrows knitted together as she half-yelled, "Yah Im Nayeon, I told you never to call me that!"


Nayeon rolled her eyes. "I'll call you whatever I want," she said. Dahyun and Jackson went back to drinking their juice quietly, watching them from their little corner. 


Nayeon looked kinda annoyed today too. 


"Anyway you forgot your music file you muddle head..." She said handing a black folder to her friend. Or schoolmate... Were Nayeon and Jihyo even friends?


"Whatever," Jihyo muttered, snatching the file from Nayeon. Just then Jihyo's ride arrived; a shiny black SUV pulling up in front of the school. Jihyo swiftly got into the car, and it sped of.


Nayeon sighed, watching the smoke emitted by the SUV disperse into thin air. She turned around only to notice Dahyun and Jackson, sipping their drinks while staring a her.


"Aigo!" She gasped in shock, a hand flying to her chest. "Dahyun-ah, since when did you get here?"


Dahyun laughed at the easily startled unnie, while Jackson shook his head chuckling before bidding his friend goodbye. "I'll get going then Dubu, since Nayeon noona is here," he said while placing an arm over Dahyun's shoulder to give her a one handed hug. "See you tomorrow, vice-captain Kim!"


Dahyun giggled. "Thanks for waiting with me captain Wang," she joked back as Jackson jogged away. 


She hopped off the ledge she was sitting on, walking towards Nayeon. "Hi Nayeon unnie, do you have plans today?" She asked, tossing her now empty juice box into the bin near them. "If you don't, do you want to go home together?"


Nayeon stared at Dahyun in silence. "Uh... Nayeon unnie?" Dahyun turned around to look at the dark haired girl worriedly. It's been awhile since she last saw Nayeon too. 


Dahyun realised that Nayeon looked quite exhausted and... upset? She was still beautiful though... Nayeon was always beautiful. "Hey unnie, are you oka-" Dahyun was asking when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her.


Dahyun's eyes widened. "N-nayeon unni-"


"Just...," Nayeon whispered, head resting on Dahyun's shoulder. "Just let me stay like this for a while... please."


Dahyun could feel her heart pounding against her chest when she hesitated for a bit before slowly allowing her own hands to hug Nayeon back. "O-okay..." 


And just like that, 
the strange feelings that Dahyun had tried to wait out... 
all came rushing back.  

 

 



 

Hello everyone!:D How was this chapter? Sorry for the slow update by the way... I hope my long chapters can make up for it. I'll try to be faster but sometimes I get this thing called writers blockkk... and this other thing called school work ahahaha. Anyway, oh my gosh I'm so hyped! I didn't even realised I had hit 100 subscribers already. You guys are awesome!:) Thank you so so much to those who are still sticking to this story! Thank you for your support, time and your comments! (Even if it's just a simple comment to nag at me to update ahahaha, I do read and appreciate every single one of them.) And a very warm welcome to all the new readers, I hope you'll grow fond of this fic and continue to stick with it. As usual comments are always welcomed:) I'll see y'all in the next update~ Have an awesome week ahead!

~ strangemagnet