No Turning Back

Parallel Lines

A few days later, Jong Kook was getting ready to meet Kye Sang and finally talk with him to clear up the atmosphere but something interesting came up first. Jong Kook arrived at the scene of where Honey was held captive before she died. He got an insider to sneak into Red Empire, revealing everything about her death.

They took a video of everything they did to her and how they made Kye Sang suffer. He demanded for every film to be in his hands.

Inserting the DVD into the player, he prepared his heart for the worst.

(Listen to this à https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEF14-nEDHc&nohtml5=False )

It screens in, it was foggy but the door to the van opened and it was dark.

‘AH!’ Honey was pushed inside the van.

‘Look what we have here.’

They took off the cover, revealing her face. Her face horrified as she question who they were. They only laughed at her and quickly gagged her with a cloth and cover her face again.

The frames shifted to them dragging her into a building.

She was pushed on the ground with the cloth still covering her head. Her hands were tied by a rope as she tried to get up. The dirt smeared on her white dress shirt and white slacks. The men surround the place as he heard laughters.

‘Sir, we got the woman.’ one of them reported.

The man in white walked up to her and pulled off the cover. Her face was sweating.

‘Such a pretty wife, lucky punk.’ He removed the cloth that gagged her.

‘Who are you guys?’ She gritted her teeth and demanded for an answer. ‘Why did you kidnap me?’

He laughed in her face. ‘So even his wife didn’t know? Your husband caused my men to be killed and the money was stolen. Tell me, how is he going to repay me?’

‘What? My husband is not that kind of person. He will never step in this place.’

‘Oh really? Isn’t Yoon Kye Sang your husband?’ his question made her froze. ‘Wow, he really is a sly jerk.’

The camera zoom in her face, clearly defining her expression, the shock on her face.

‘No…You’re lying. You’re framing my husband.’ Honey yelled at them.

The man threw a pack of paper on the ground in front of her. ‘That is the contract we made.’

He took out her phone from the bag and dialed a number then put it in her face as she look at the papers and photos in front of her.

‘Hello you punk.’

‘Who is this?’ Kye Sang’s voice echoed through the phone. ‘Why do you have my wife’s phone?!’

‘Hahaha, if you know it’s your wife then you know what to do.’

‘Let her go this instant.’ Kye Sang commanded.

‘Should I?’ he clicked his tongue and handed to Honey who was still sitting on the ground. ‘Speak.’ he ordered her. She only stared at the phone, her body shaking.

‘Yeobo.’ Honey whispered.

‘Honey? Honey, are you alright? Did they do anything to you? Are you hurt?’ Kye Sang ramble over the phone.

‘Is it true?’ he could see the tears tremble and disappointment in her watery eyes.

‘Jagiya.’

‘Tell me!’ Honey shouted this time, earning a chuckle from the man who held the phone.

‘Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of there. I promise!’ Kye Sang desperately told her.

Honey no longer said anything and turned away from the phone as a tear drop from the corner of her eye. The camera person chuckled at her and exclaimed loudly, ‘Oooooh, she’s crying. Why are you crying Miss?’

Jong Kook clenched his fist tightly, trying to control himself from throwing things at the TV screen.

‘Bring 50 million dollars by tomorrow or you will regret.’ the man in white concluded before hanging up the phone. He look at Honey who looked aware in despair.

‘He is a good for nothing b*st*rd. I feel bad for you.’ He taunted her. ‘He hid things from you. What’s the use of going back to him? Why not join us?’ he taunted her and held up her chin to face him.

She spit in his face, making him angry and gave her a huge slap with the back of his hand, causing her to face the ground.

‘You dare to spit in my face?’ He angrily grabbed her hair and dragged her as she struggled and moan in pain.

Jong Kook’s breath fasten as he tried to suppress the anger that burned his heart.

Her clothes dirtied as she tried to wiggle up. He pushed her head on the ground, making her face the dirt. He stepped on her head, and wiped off the bottom of his shoe.

‘You are dirt.’ He said then left her in there as the camera man tried to angle for her face. ‘Leave this b*tch in here, don’t give her any food or water.’ he commanded as everyone left.

The screen switched to seeing Honey tied to a pillar, her left sleeve was ripped off and her nose bloody.

‘What happened here?’ the man from earlier storm in and questioned.

The men tremble in fear. ‘She tried to escape, sir Katashi. And…’

‘And what?’

‘She made two of our men die.’ He concluded then received a huge punch from Katashi. He pulled out a gun and shot the man’s foot.

‘And you almost lost her? A woman? Did I hire you to let her free?!’ He glared at all the men who bowed at him as he shot few more bullets into the ceiling.

He turned to Honey who was bruised up on the pillar. Her lips cracking with lack of hydration. Her face swollen. Her hair was a mess.

Jong Kook wanted to kill the one who did that to Honey.

Katashi bent down and pulled her chin forcefully. ‘You think I can’t do anything to you?’ He kick the side her head, creating a loud thud and whack.

Jong Kook flinch at the sound and sight.

Honey spat out blood on the ground, her eyes rolling, her nose bleeding. He signal for a cigarette. He used her back as an ash tray and dig the bud on her back as Honey tried not to scream in agonizing pain.

Tears of anger started forming in Jong Kook’s eyes, his vision blurry. The crackling sound of his molar teeth echoed, the vein on his temples showing. His fist was turning purple.

Katashi took out the phone as it ring.

‘I’m here. Where is my wife?!’ Kye Sang yelled over the phone. Honey’s groans were heard as the sizzling pain of the cigarette burned her back.

He snickered. ‘Your wife had just made the circumstance impossible now. Bring another 100 million then I’ll give her to you. Oh and a few shares too, my men will tell you the direct location,’ then he hang up the phone.

He shot her leg before leaving her alone, making sure she won’t be able to run away.

The screen switch to them running after Honey as she limped, running down the stairs. Suddenly she slipped and tumbled down the stairs. The men then slowed down, laughing at her creepily. Honey whimpered in pain and tried to crawl as a streak of blood streamed down her legs, staining deep red on her white pants.

Katashi came from behind, slowly down the stairs. He grabbed her hair and the back collar of her dirtied white shirt that had turned dirty grey.

Honey’s weak scream brought chills to Jong Kook. His fists were shaking violently.

He pulled her aside and got on top of her as she weakly tried to fight back. He tore the first button off her shirt and ripped off her other sleeve. He punched her, making her head hit the ground.

Jong Kook heard her little whimpers of pain as she tried to breathe.

Tears rolled by the corner of her eyes as he tried to snuggle on her neck. She grabbed a handful of his hair, making him shout and pull back. She threw a handful of dust in his face, making him fall back. She pushed him and tried to get up.

‘You en b*tch!’ he got up as she was able to stand up and hold her abdomen in pain. Blood could be seen clearly all over her legs. Her dirty hand print was left on the wall as she tried to stand, groaning in pain. She was trembling badly. Without mercy, Katashi kicked her, making her hit the pillar. He repeatedly beat her up, grabbing her long hair and smashing her head against the pillar. He picked up a random wooden stick and raised it up, striking her back, hitting the back of her head and spine multiple times until the wood broke.

He dragged her across the spacious area and shoved her against the pillar with his hand around her neck. He looked down the view from the as the wind blew.

‘Seems like he’s here. Your husband.’

Honey’s face was all bruised as a streak of blood flashed down her face, dripping down her left eye. She exhaustingly crept her eyes open.

‘K-Kye Sang…. My -my h-husbandd…’ she whispered. Her hand slowly reached down to him as a small smile lit up and her dimples lightly showed.

Katashi held the hair from the back of her head and made her look down the edge.

‘Yeah, he’s here.’ He smirked. ‘Now, go to him. He’s waiting for you.’ Katashi pushed her off the edge as the camera quickly pointed after her. Her body landed flat, right in front of Kye Sang as he halted right before her. A pool of blood surrounded her body and Kye Sang stood in shock before gathering her in his arms. The sound of him screaming for help and crying for her echoed to the building as Katashi evilly laughed.

“Argh!!!” Jong Kook got up from his seat and threw everything on the table at the screen as he scream in agony. The table in front of him was flipped over and sent everything crashing and rumbling. He shouted and shouted, the screen cracked and turned black. The chairs were flipped around. The papers flew everywhere, glasses shattered, things tumbled around, creating a pigsty place. Jong Kook wanted to kill everyone now. He was filled with anger.

He’s going to kill them all. Red Empire… and Kye Sang. His knuckled were bleeding as the glasses cut him. He cried his heart out and screamed in rage.

No more forgiveness, no mercy. Only anger and vengeance.

****

 Jong Kook sat in the corner of his office room. The lights were out and the room was a mess with the desk turned over and cracked TV. He curled up in the corner with his knees up and his fist crunch together as the blood dripped slowly.

The door to his office was barged open and the footstep of clanks found its way to him. He heard a low gasp before looking up to see a fear stricken Bora looking at him.

His bangs covered his eyes but he can see her clearly. He avoided her as she called his name softly.

“Jong Kook oppa,” Bora touched his arm but he pushed her away.

“What do you want?” Jong Kook asked coldly and got up, stepping over the tiny bits of glasses that dangerously perked the floor.

He walked over to his big window, revealing the view of the whole city beneath him.

 He looked over the dangerously high height of where his office was on the building. He shut his eyes, just imagining the fear that Honey would have felt when she fell from the third floor building.

“About my brother…” She hesitantly asked, “Why did you… why did you buy shares and request a change in the CEO? I thought that you and my brother were good friends. How can you betray him like that?”

Jong Kook opened his eyes and continue doing his own thing.

“News sure travel fast. My request was less than 4 hours ago.” He then chuckled to himself, “Yet it took 4 days for me to know about her death. I think I know where you got your attitude from now.”

“So it’s because of Honey unnie? That’s why you are trying to bring my brother down? Stop being childish.”

“I don’t think that I am childish at all Bora. You, are the one who is being childish.”

“Jong Kook oppa, can’t you see the pain my brother is going through too? His wife was killed in front of him.”

“No, I can’t see it.” Jong Kook turn to glare at her. He sees her walk up to him, her face scowl.

“Why can’t you? You and my brother have known each other for so many years, would you think he would let his wife die like that? Because of her, my brother pulled out all the money that he worked so hard for to save her life. He is willingly to take down the company that he worked through sweat and pain just for her.”

“How about you shut up?” Jong Kook hissed at her. “I know. I know he did that, but what kind of person would ever think of joining those kind of people for the sake of money and for the sake of trying to scoop for the dirty deeds in exchange for the lots they already have.” Jong Kook charged towards her and made her slowly back off. The look in his eyes were threatening.

“You-“

“Your brother!” he yelled, making her jump. Just thinking about Honey’s pain made him furious. “He destroyed everything he had with his own hands. No one made his life like this, he did. He could have chosen to work hard and build a complete family with Honey but he didn’t choose to do that. He is a weakling.”

“Kim Jong Kook!” Bora shouted. “Don’t you dare call him a weakling. My brother is not like you.”

“Of course, he’s not like me. We are two completely different people.”

“You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and well brought up. What do you know about being an orphan and being pushed away? Nothing, you know nothing!”

Bora pushed Jong Kook away from her but he pushed her back, making her back hit the wall.

“You, are the one who doesn’t know anything.” Jong Kook angrily whispered and pointed his finger at her. “Do you know the struggles of giving up everything you have for someone? Maybe not because your brother was always there for you. My parents… they were never there for me. I have never been given a complete love in my life. I was always second to my brother. I didn’t matter, because their marriage was a business matter only. I am only business to them, nothing more, nothing less. I let the love of my life slip away for the happiness of others, in only hopes for them to live happily but only to see it crash down.”

Bora was about to say something but Jong Kook interrupted her and grabbed her shoulders tightly.

“After killing Katashi, I’m going for your brother. And if you’re sincere enough, let him know for me. His heart might not be as broken as it is to witness his wife’s death.” Jong Kook pushed her onto the wall harshly once again and left the room.

****

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEnQogAd8U&nohtml5=False )

Jong Kook stormed off to meet Katashi about the deal for the drugs needed. He ignored everything and only have his eyes toward the aim to get rid of everyone.

After the deal became successful, Jong Kook and Katashi became dealing buddies. He was in the top 5 hierarchy as he accomplished many deals. His own business was flourishing as he didn’t mixed the underground into his personal life. Bora had been bothering him about his decision but e only stood her up and ignored her.

Ji Hoon stormed into Jong Kook’s office after he found out about Jong Kook’s decision. He was busy with cooperating with the projects and side businesses. Jong Kook was in the middle of a meeting when Ji Hoon stormed in. Jong Kook waved for them to leave as he got up and walked to Ji Hoon.

He got a water bottle and handed it to Ji Hoon. However, Ji Hoon slapped it out of his hand. They had a staring contest before Ji Hoon spoke up.

“Are you seriously crazy Hyung?” Ji Hoon clenched his fist. “Why are you doing this to Kye Sang hyung?”

“What about it?” Jong Kook picked up another water bottle and drink from it.

“You, are a traitor.” Ji Hoon stated. “Even to us, you are like this. You are not the Hyung I used to know anymore. Just who are you now?!”

Jong Kook threw the water bottle at the wall.

“What makes you think I am the same person I was years ago.”

“I thought that we were fine a few days ago but why do you have to do this? You’re taking things too far.”

“What?”

“Creating a gang group and getting close to Katashi. Aren’t you afraid for your family too?”

“What is there to be afraid of? I have nothing to lose.” Jong Kook glared at him and they had another staring contest. “I’m doing what Kye Sang didn’t do.”

Ji Hoon chuckled unbelievably and grabbed Jong Kook’s shirt collar. “You are a hypocrite Kim Jong Kook.” Jong Kook pushed his hand away.

“You have no right to decide who is what and who is not because you are bias.” Ji Hoon puffed in anger and ruffled his hair.

“Hyung!-“

“I know that you are on Kye Sang’s side. Don’t bother me about this topic if you are not going to do anything about it. It’s nauseous.” Jong Kook left the room as Ji Hoon only stormed out in anger like how he came in but leaving with a grimmer aura.

Jong Kook got out of the room to only see Kye Sang outside waiting for him. Jong Kook ignored him before he could say anything.

In war, there is no friendship, only compromise. I will never turn back.

****