5th: Trust

In My Dreams

Main Characters:


Fern Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul is an actress in Thailand and has a boyfriend named Tao Satthapong Phiangphor. They are going steady for months when…

“Love, if ever I have a child from another woman, what will you do?” Tao asks.

“Fine with me as long as your focus is on the baby not to the mother.” Fern said.

“Of course it is for the baby.” Tao said.

“Why are you asking? Do you have a child that you are not telling me?” Fern asks.

“Yes.” Tao confessed.

“How old is the child?” Fern asks.

“1 month.” Tao said.

Fern think of something.

“So… It was the time when we were not official but we are already going out. Who’s the mother?” Fern asks.

“My ex-girlfriend.” Tao said.

“I see… You are seeing two woman at once.” Fern said.

“But we are not yet official that time.” Tao said.

“But it doesn’t mean that you need to date your ex-girlfriend and ended up getting pregnant. If you have feelings for her, why date me?” Fern asks.

“I don’t love her anymore. You’re the one that I love. It just happened that we saw each other that time and had . You doesn’t want to have with me that time since we are not yet official so I had with her.” Tao said.

“That’s your reason? ? Do men die if they don’t have for months?” Fern asks.

“I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do that anymore.” Tao said.

“Of course you don’t. If ever you do that again, it is easy for me to break up with you.” Fern said. “What is your plan now?”

“The mother doesn’t have a job so I am supporting the baby.” Tao said. “And I am planning to visit the baby.”

“Visit the baby but bring someone else with you.” Fern said. “Is the mother demanding about marriage?”

“She did but I refused. I told her that I will only support the baby.” Tao said.

“Did she knows that you already have a girlfriend?” Fern asks.

“No. I don’t want her to disturb you.” Tao said.

“Tell her so she knows her limit.” Fern said. ‘I’ll be gone for 4 months. We have shootings in 4 different countries for the movie. You can visit the baby but no overnight and report to me if you are going.”

“I will.” Tao said. “Thank you for the second chance.”

“If I didn’t love you, I already leave you.” Fern said.

…………………………………………………………………………

“How stupid you are? 90 percent stupid.” Aom Sushar Manaying said to her friend.

“Cut it out, Aom.” Fern said.

The two are in the airport waiting for their flight along with some staffs and their managers.

“You just forgive him like that?” Aom said.

“It is not like he did it when we were already official.” Fern said.

“You’re right but what are your plans now?” Aom asks.

“He can support the child after all he is the father.” Fern said.

“Is he sure that he is the father? What did his mother said?” Aom asks.

“He said that he is sure but his mother doubt it.” Fern said. “I told him to take a paternity test but he doesn’t want to.”

“He should be.” Aom said.

“Aom, Fern, we need to go.” Aom’s manager said.

…………………………………………………………………………

Fern became busy with her work that she didn’t notice that Tao doesn’t text or call her.

Her older sister sent a photo of Tao with a baby and a woman.

Is that her?” her older sister asks.

Not sure. I don’t even know her face.” She answered.

She ignored the photo since she trusted Tao. Tao will surely tell her if he is going to see his baby.

…………………………………………………………………………

Fern came back to Thailand 2 weeks early. She didn’t bother to tell Tao since she knows that her boyfriend is just in their house.

“We have a meeting with a director tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 6.” Her manager said.

“Got it.” She said and get off the van.

She is now opening the gate when suddenly a familiar guy came out.

“Oh, Mek, what are you doing here?” Fern asks.

“Uhmm…” Mek said.

Fern saw what Mek is holding.

“Are those our bills?” Fern asks.

“These?” Mek said.

Fern takes the bills.

“Why are you taking our bills?” Fern asks.

“Uhmm… Tao asked me to get your bills.” Mek said.

“Why? Where is he?” Fern asks.

“Uhmm…” Mek said.

“Mek, tell me where he is.” Fern said.

“He is in Chiang Mai with his daughter and ex-girlfriend.” Mek said.

Fern feels like a bomb explode in her head. Still she tried to calm herself.

“Since when?” she asks.

“2 months ago.” Mek said.

“Ok. Thanks.” She said and get inside the house.

…………………………………………………………………………

As soon as Fern get inside the house she called Tao.

“Where are you?” she said.

I’m at Mek’s-”

“I saw Mek here with the bills.”

You’re back? Love, I am sorry. I am here at my ex-girlfriend’s house. She is alone with our baby so I went here to help her take care of our baby.

“Why didn’t you tell me? I told you to tell me first before going there.” Fern is trying not to cry.

I’m sorry, love. I thought that if I tell you, you will get jealous towards my baby.

“That’s bullsh*t! We talked about this, right? I told you that I will never get jealous of your baby because that’s your baby. My only concern is your ex-girlfriend. She still can’t get over you and I am afraid she will do anything to take you back.”

It will not going to happen. You’re the one I love.

“Go home now.”

I can’t. No one will take care of the baby.

“Go home now or we are done.” Fern ends the call.

After the call, Fern let herself cry.

…………………………………………………………………………

That night, Fern can’t sleep. A while ago, she received a text from Tao saying that he really can’t leave the baby and he is sorry. She didn’t reply to the text and just cry.

The next morning, Fern’s eyes are swollen. She wanted to stay in the house but she must go to work.

Wearing a light make-up, she covered her eyes with sunglasses.

Her manager arrived to pick her up.

“Good morning.” Her manager greets.

“Morning.” She said.

“Is there something wrong?” her manager asks.

“I’m fine.” She said.

“You’re not fine, I can see that.” Her manager said. “What did Tao did to you?”

“He is with his ex and their baby.” She said.

“What? Since when?” her manager asks.

“Since 2 months ago.” she said.

“And you just found out?” her manager asks.

“Yes. And now he can’t go home because he can’t leave the baby.” She said.

“Just break up with him.” Her manager said.

“It is not that easy.” She said. “Funny but I always said that it is easy to just leave a guy if he hurts me but for Tao, I want to hold on and believe to all of his promises.”

Her manager is just listening to her. She knew Fern ever since she started being an actress. Throughout her career, Fern never fall in love to a guy. She dated someone but she wasn’t that serious. It changed when Fern met Tao. Fern really fall in love to him.

…………………………………………………………………………

Days passed and still no Tao.

Fern tried to understand Tao so she give him a chance. They are always texting since Tao is busy with the baby that he can’t answer her calls.

They always talk about anything and sometimes Fern is giving opinion towards Tao’s ex-girlfriend. Most of her opinions are not nice.

One day, Fern just finished shooting a commercial when she received text messages from Tao.

Love, my ex read our conversations in my phone and she is not happy of what you said to her.

Fern immediately replied to him.

“How? Don’t your phone protected by password?”

I guess she found out my password. She is really mad right now and she is crying. She wants me to leave the house.

“Then, leave. So she will realize how hard to take care of a baby alone. It is about time for her to work.”

Yes. I will leave.

“Good. Besides, it is about time that she find out about us. Go home tomorrow.”

Yes, I will.

…………………………………………………………………………

Fern thought that everything will be back to normal but she is wrong.

The next day, she received a text from Tao saying that he can’t leave her and the baby because he is scared of what his ex-girlfriend might do.

“Just do what you want.” Fern replied.

That’s the last time Fern replied to his text messages.

Fern became busy that day but if there is a chance she checks her phone.

The last text of Tao was that morning asking what she is doing. She didn’t reply and just ignore it.

Fern is in bad mood throughout the day but since she is a celebrity, she act like she is fine.

…………………………………………………………………………

“I told you he is taking you for granted. He knew that you will not leave him so he is doing what he wants.” Aom said.

Aom is in Fern’s house.

“It hurts so much.” Fern said.

“Then stop hurting yourself. Break up with him and move on. I am here, I will help you to move on.” Aom said.

Fern cried on Aom’s shoulder that night.

She feels hurt but she need to move on.

…………………………………………………………………………

Fern thought about Aom’s advice for a week.

Tao didn’t go home, too.

His text messages are getting fewer and fewer.

Fern thought that if Tao really love her, he will not hurt her and go home even for a day.

“I’m glad that you made your decision.” Aom said.

“I’m a fool for believing him.” Fern said.

“It is not your fault. You just fall in love to a wrong guy.” Her manager said.

The three women are busy packing Tao’s belongings.

They will send it back to Tao’s family house.

“Done!” Fern said after closing the last box.


“I’ll call my brother to pick up the boxes.” Her manager said.

The family of her manager owns a delivery service business.

“How about let’s drink to celebrate Fern’s new life?” Aom asks while holding a bottle of wine.

“I agree.” Her manager said.

…………………………………………………………………………

4 months had passed.

Fern no longer heard anything to Tao.

When his belongings delivered to his family’s house, his mother called Fern asking what happened.

Fern explained to her what happened and his mother is very mad at Tao. It seems that they didn’t know that Tao is living with his ex-girlfriend and baby.

His mother often called her to ask her to give her son a chance but her decision is final.

She and Tao never see each other again. She doesn’t admit it but there are still some love left for Tao but she is already decided not to give him a chance again.

After all, one of her motto is “There’s no turning back after the break up.”

 

THE END