004 NOT FLUFFY! (HyungNu)

Growing Pains

**A/N: Not too steamy, but NOT FLUFFY! Just letting you know.** 

 

 

 

The confrontation seems inevitable really, and it happens about a week-and-a-half after HyungWon’s fever breaks–

So he’s recovered but not entirely (which doesn’t stop him from going to practice.)

 

It’s just a regular day though, nothing special and HyungWon has no intention of saying anything just then…

 

But he catches Hyunwu staring at him while practising for ‘Hero’ and even through the mirror, the look in his eyes–

 

He glitches, dropping his shirt hem and falling back a step, KiHyun grumbling as they collide, but still putting an arm out to steady him.

 

Everyone else stutters to a halt around them and HoSeok, the first to regain his wits, goes over to check on them.

 

“ What’s up? You okay? ” With a hand on HyungWon’s shoulder and a furrowed brow. HyungWon’s focus is clearly elsewhere even as he meets HoSeok’s eyes, but neither acknowledges it.

 

“ I’m fine. Just tired, you know? ” HoSeok nods and lets his hand drop.

 

Chokomi huffs and begins speaking before Hyunwu gets the chance.

 

“I think we’re all pretty tired. Should we call it an early night, Apboji?” He asks, turning to the man in question. The others follow suit, pleading in slumped spines and heaving lungs and Hyunwu just nods.

 

Joohoney collapses with an exaggerated: ‘thank god’ as soon as he sees it and a few of the other members chuckle before starting to pack up.

 

HyungWon smiles kindly and waits for everyone to finish getting ready before drifting over to Hyunwu’s side.

 

“Hyung, chakkaman, can we talk?” HyungWon watches the line of his shoulders tense and it’s clear he wants to refuse. He doesn’t. Instead he says:

 

“Sure.” And to the rest of the group:

 

“You guys go ahead.”

 

They leave with nervous smiles, heads bowed and quiet: ‘see you later’s tossed backwards with questioning glances.

 

Hyunwu ignores that.

 

HyungWon rolls his eyes with a sigh and Hyunwu ignores that, too.

 

The door clicks shut and the back lights dim to conserve energy, underscoring the sudden silence in the room–

A fact that HyungWon takes full advantage of, not saying anything immediately and, instead, choosing to watch Hyunwu simmer.

 

Eventually Hyunwu runs out of patience, snapping at HyungWon and finally allowing his annoyance to become apparent.

 

“What? What are you waiting for?” He regrets the words the second they leave his mouth but HyungWon seems pleased with his response, smiling and moving to face Hyunwu properly.

 

Hyunwu catches his own reflection in the other man’s glasses and feels slightly humiliated by it all, which HyungWon seems to sense, removing them and letting his sight lose focus.

It shouldn’t be half as grounding as it is, but Hyunwu feels a wave of relief anyways.

 

And then HyungWon grabs his hand and he’s reeling all over again.

 

“Am I pretty?” He says, and since they’re standing less than a foot apart Hyunwu doubts he heard it wrong. Is HyungWon ing with him?

 

But the prince is focused and firm and Hyunwu knows he must be serious.

 

“Yes.” He answers honestly and wishes he’d lied as HyungWon’s lips tighten, fighting a frown.

 

“I’m a guy, you know. I always have been and I always will be.” Confusion buzzes through Hyunwu and he wonders if he ever had any sort of grasp of this situation to begin with, but he recognises HyungWon’s complex for what it is and gives a safe answer.

 

“I know.” Some of HyungWon’s tension eases and Hyunwu almost let’s his guard down. But then,

 

“Do you have feelings for me?” And his heart thuds heavy in his throat and he flinches back on reflex, HyungWon only able stop him because Hyunwu permits it.

 

When he doesn’t receive an answer for too long HyungWon repeats himself.

 

“Do you have feelings for me?” He tries to be gentle but his impatience bleeds into his voice. Hyunwu’s breath hitches and his gaze flickers to the door. He doesn’t attempt to escape though.

 

“I’m not gay.” He tries but HyungWon’s not in a particularly cooperative mood.

 

“That’s not what I asked.” He presses and Hyunwu is almost certain he can’t win this one, only ever manages two out of every seven–

And that’s on a good day.

 

He takes a long inhale to steady himself.

 

“I… Don’t know.” HyungWon sighs and rolls his eyes again.

 

He yanks Hyunwu forward and molds the man’s hands over his thin hips, bringing them together so that their noses touch and Hyunwu goes a bit cross-eyed.

 

He tilts his head and Hyunwu feels long lashes flutter against his cheek.

 

They hover a mere inch apart until HyungWon says his name and it’s just too much. He can’t resist anymore and kisses HyungWon with all the passion and the desperation of a dying man.

 

He pours every moment of emptiness, of grief, of anger and want from the past five years into HyungWon’s open mouth (and to his credit, he takes it like a champ.)

 

HyungWon is not a passive partner; he bites and and scratches and rips Hyunwu’s denial to shreds.

 

But…

 

But there are reasons why Hyunwu fought so hard against this and he wants…

 

He wants to treat HyungWon like he’d treat a girl basically. Which sounds stupid and ist, but he just wants.

 

He wants HyungWon to be vulnerable around him, to touch him all the time and spend hours staring at him and make him impossible promises and gladly listen to the million songs Hyunwu will write about him and he wants to be able to tell people that HyungWon is his and he’s only just realised it but it’s already too much and what will HyungWon say when–

 

“I can feel you over-thinking. It’s distracting.” Hyunwu ducks his head and blushes, nervously thumbing over the skin of HyungWon’s hip. HyungWon allows it.

 

“I… I might, beinlovewithyou.” He admits and HyungWon sighs again.

 

“I’m not sure… If I’m in love with you like that. I’m not sure if I’m ready to… Everything. It’s a big step. Can you wait for me? Until I make up my mind? Or should I give you some space?” It doesn’t hurt hearing that HyungWon doesn’t feel the same way he does– He’s always known that.

 

“I don’t need space.” HyungWon nods.

 

“Okay.” And presses another kiss to his lips.

 

“Is this alright?” And now it’s Hyunwu’s turn to nod and press a kiss to HyungWon’s lips.

 

“We should go.” The younger man says and Hyunwu nods again but doesn’t budge.

 

HyungWon smiles as though dealing with a particularly stubborn child.

 

Hyunwu feels defeated watching him walk away.

 

*A/N: When I mention grief and whatnot, I'm talking about how he got kicked from JYP and all that.*