013 (HyungNu, All)

Growing Pains

 

 

As with many of their important conversations, this one takes place in the practice room; late at night but about two hours before they would normally wrap-up.

 

Hyunwu and HyungWon give nothing away while dancing, but the second the music stops Hyunwu becomes swamped by anxiety and starts to pace and rub at the back of his neck. HyungWon waits quietly for him to calm and regain his determination.

 

Eventually, Hyunwu does so and hovers for a bit trying to decide wether he should be standing or sitting for this announcement.

 

HyungWon rises with a roll of his eyes and makes them both sit. HoSeok tries to contain his laughter and ChangKyun looks distinctly uncomfortable.

 

MinHyuk seems happy though.

 

“Um, I just wanted– We just wanted to tell you guys that, uh, we’re kind of together now. Me and HyungWon are together. Now.” It’s a bit clumsy, but he gets his point across.

 

Joohoney is the first to speak.

 

“Wait, like sleeping together?” He chirps up causing Hyunwu to blush scarlet with a grimace and glance at HyungWon before avoiding his gaze entirely.

 

HyungWon takes mercy on him and answers in his place.

 

“That’s between us. We just wanted to let you guys know what was going on. No secrets, no lies.” For the most part everyone reacts with equal parts acceptance, nonchalance and relief– Sans the two maknaes, one indignant and one torn between relief and reluctance.

 

“Is that why you guys were all being weird? Why didn’t anyone tell me?” MinHyuk grabs the reigns here, leaving the couple to accept congratulations and support from the rest of the group.

 

“Because we all figured it out by ourselves and no one was talking about it.” JooHeon pouts.

 

“But… Man, I’m always the last to know.” MinHyuk just laughs and pinches his cheek before going to glomp HyungWon.

 

“Ah, I’m so glad you guys are finally together– All that awkwardness was killing me!” HyungWon just laughs and says thanks while MinHyuk nuzzles under his jaw.

 

Joohoney, HoSeok and KiHyun go to give their Apbohji a consoling pat on the back and ChangKyun shuffles over to HyungWon to offer his well wishes.

 

HyungWon gives him a tender smile and ruffles his hair.

 

It’s easy enough for everyone to simply carry on after that and practice resumes as normal, with the exception of Umma buying them all chicken to celebrate after.

 

Relationships are complicated and life even more so, they have no way of telling what might happen in the future, but they’re strong.

 

They’ve been through a lot and they care for each other immensely and maybe that’s not enough to get them over every hurdle, but it should be.

 

It will be.

 

-End-