DAY 725

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DEAR MY QUEEN
Author: greyrani
Genre: romance, angst

 

DAY 725

 

The breeze mildly blew, swaying the maple leaves around the Orchid Pavilion. I stared at the placid water of the pond under the gazebo. Koi fishes swims, showing off their beautiful color and graceful moves. I smiled at the small blessing. It was not everyday I could enjoy this kind of air.

“Your Majesty, Her Highness has arrived,” Yuma informed me about your coming.

I turned around and saw you walk toward my direction, followed by Captain Nakajima and your ladies-in-waiting.I waited, my chest became a bit tight. A few steps before me you curtsied, carefully. With a single nod from me, Yuma understood that I wanted to be alone with you so he gestured to mine and your servants to leave, far enough to give us privacy. I noticed Captain Nakajima’s reluctance to leave, but in the end, he had no choice.

“It’s a nice morning, isn’t it?” I mustered a smile while stepping closer to you. I took your hand and led you to walk to the edge of the porch where I was standing watching the koi fishes previously.

“Why did you summon me, my king?” you asked warily.

I shook my head slightly, smile intact. “I just want to spend some time with you. I’ve been too busy with the court that I neglected you and our child.”

Yes, I had not visited you for about two weeks. I was still shocked after finding that amulet of yours.As I remembered that amulet, my fist clenched under my cloack, clutching onto the said object.

“I understand that currently the court is in a tense period, Your Majesty,” you answered. “And it’s unfortunate that I’m no longer allowed to accompany you to face that.”

Right. I had restricted you from court, telling my minions that you needed rest for awhile.

I shifted to have a full view of you, “Let’s not talk about the court now, my queen. Let’s talk about something happier.”

“Is Your Majesty thinking about something?”

I nodded, “I’ll announce about your pregnancy the day after tomorrow.”

“So soon?”

I didn’t answer but I reached out, placing a hand on your belly, and you tensed slightly. “How far it is?”

“Three and half a month.”

“Good,” I withdrew, changing the topic. “Anyway, my queen, I heard that you lost a precious thing. I got a report that you have had your servants looked for something missing. Is that true?”

“Nothing would escape your eyes, my king.”

“What is exactly that thing you lost?”

You lifted your gaze, warily looking at my eyes before you looked away, pretending as if you were watching the fishes below.

“It’s only a memento from a friend,” you muttered.

“It must be so precious,” I commented.

“It was.”

We were standing side by side, our sleeves brushing against each other.

“What kind of friend who gave you that memento?”

I stole a glance at you from the corner of my eyes, noticing your lips curved up however small.

“That person had a caring and warm character. Unfortunately that friend is no longer here.”

“That friend left?” I asked.

“No. That friend died, Your Majesty.”

My heart clenched, so painful. I couldn’t bear to prolong that conversation, so I took out the amulet.

“Perhaps this will make you a bit happier,” I opened my palm and when your gaze landed on the amulet, your eyes slightly widened.

“What is this… Your Majesty?”

I didn’t answer, but reached for your hand and placed the amulet pouch on your palm. As I stared at you in silence, you hesitantly opened the pouch.

When I was sure you had already seen the content, I spoke, never taking my eyes off of you. “That friend is still very much alive, isn’t he?”

Your fist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter