DAY 600

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DEAR MY QUEEN

Author: greyrani

Genre: romance, angst

 

DAY 600

“Your Majesty, pardon me for disturbing your rest,” Keito bowed deeply as I came to stand before him.

I just stepped out of my chamber after a guard informed me that Keito asked to meet me to report about something important.

I fastened the knot of my sleeping robe, taking a seat on the chair outside the chamber and answering, “What is it so dire?”

I carelessly brushed my hair backward, annoyed that my advisor came to me so early in the morning.

Keito didn’t lift his head when answering, “Last night, the second biggest target has been captured.”

As the news dawned in me, I glanced at the door of my bed chamber in which I knew you were still soundly sleeping.

“Where is he now?”

“In the Royal dungeon, my lord,” Keito couldn’t refrain from grinning. “I believe the news has not reached Shida manor yet. We have secured the evidence of the illegal trading the heir of Shida has been conducting. They won't be able to avoid the trial, unless…”

“Unless?”

“Unless Her Highness Queen requests for case abolition and Your Majesty grant it.”

I inhaled a mild breath, “Everyone is equal before the law. Even though he is her brother, if he is proven guilty, he would be punished. My queen wouldn’t have a say in this.”

“Then may I consider that as a permission to interrogate Shida Daiki, Your Majesty?”

I stood up, “Do whatever you need to do. I’ll be attending the interrogation later before the meeting with Prime Minister. Is there anything else?”

“Your Majesty would be the first to know if there is any progress,” Keito meekly answered.

“Indeed it should be,” without waiting for any response, I walked back to the bed chamber, giving silent command to dismiss Keito.

Once I was inside, my eyes caught the thin curtain of my four post bed shielding you from unwanted stares. Slowly walked avoiding making any noise so that I wouldn’t wake you up, I approached the bed. Your bare upper back was the first thing I saw when I opened the curtain. It’s no longer unfamiliar to me having you lying on my bed in your purest form. However, it also generated more guilt as the days goes on.

Once I climbed up and reclaimed my space beside you on the bed, I reached down to you, carefully brushing away the strands of the long silky hair covering your face. I loved watching you sleeping because that’s the only time you didn’t put up a mask.

At the third caress, you stirred. I waited as your eyes fluttered open. A small smile curved up on my face when recognition finally dawned on you.

“Did I sleep in?” your voice was hoarse as you turned to face me.

I leaned down to give a light peck on your temple, “No, it’s still early morning.”

Your eyes narrowed slightly as though asking why I was up if it was still early.

“I need to get ready, but you just go bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter