Prologue

Miss Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

PROLOGUE

 

Someone’s POV

 

 

 

     I got down from my car, seeing a hotel in front of me. Well, I just received an invitation for our batch reunion with our former college classmates which would be held here. I groggily walked my way in. Well I forgot to mention that the theme was a masquerade one which was a little bit of a help. It’s not that I feel embarrassed with how I look but I’m just more of a private person. By the way, my name is Kim Taeyeon, 25 years old, the young CEO of our family's architectural firm. But apparently I’m not that young anymore since my parents can’t stop bugging me about getting married. They had been insisting for me to settle down and have my own family. They even set me up for a date couple of days ago with a woman I barely even know; they said that she was the daughter of their very close friend. I complied to go but I can say that it was a failed one. But what can I do? I can’t force myself being with someone whom I just met. And to top all of that, I am still not ready. Okay, too much for self-introduction. I looked for someone and I easily spotted him sitting pigging out on a table because of his towering height. He looked at my direction and waved at me.

 

“Hey bro. It’s good that you attended this reunion.” I needed to go near his ear because the music was somewhat loud at that time. He’s Choi Sooyoung, my best buddy since college and also the CEO of their family’s company, one of our business partners.

 

“Yeah, I wouldn’t miss this event. It just kinda , that I can’t see beautiful chics because they’re all wearing masks. Tsk, what a waste.” But then we both felt that the atmosphere went colder than before and when we turned our heads, we saw the ice princess giving this shikshin beside me, her ice cold glare. You’re dead Soo, you’re seriously dead. “S-sica? Honey? Sooyoung muttered nervously seeing his wife giving him that look like she’s going to skin him alive.

 

“Yah, don’t call me honey.” She went beside Soo and took her seat but then she suddenly pulled out the shikshin’s ear that made the latter wince painfully. “I’m already carrying our baby yet you’re still eyeing for some other women.” I guess that a pregnant woman’s hormones can make someone really aggressive and surprisingly strong.

 

“I’m sorry honey; you’re the most beautiful for me. Please don’t do this to me in public.” Sooyoung uttered trying to convince his wife to let go of him, as he looked around trying to see if some of our former classmates saw him being under his wife. I can only chuckle, seeing the shikshin being tamed down like a domesticated animal by her. Jessica then finally gave in, after seeing Sooyoung giving her a pout. Seriously, how could she handle that worst pout ever?

 

            Then we heard the music turned into some kind of slow song, giving off a romantic mood. Sooyoung immediately grabbed Jessica’s hand and dragged her to the dance floor. Now I’m being left alone, one of the problems of being single. I had a taste of the glass of white wine that was served in our table. “Seriously this is good.” I can only drink on my own since I don’t have someone to spend this night with. Why did I even attend this event, honestly I can’t recognize and I already forgot most of the names of our batch mates and the fact that we’re wearing masks didn’t help at all. I just watched Sooyoung and Jessica dancing in the middle of the dance floor, swaying to the music intimately.

 

            I was already done drinking my fifth glass of wine. I can already feel myself starting to get dizzy as the wine began to get its effect on me. I made my way to the washroom to freshen up a bit with my wobbly knees, finding it hard to keep my balance, but then a pair of arms supported me.

 

“Hey are you okay?” the owner of those arms spoke, wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter