Entry 7

My Journal

Duty and obligation are two of the pride’s biggest pillars. I hold these two emotions very high in my heart because i think of myself as a prideful person. Many strings are attached to my pride, but Duty, Honor, and Obligation are very important. Most of the time i do not need to worry about these three emotions being touched because i have a brick wall in front of them to safeguard them. I also have not had to use them besides with my family. But there is one thing that has made me pull them out. That thing is Toonami, an event that happens every saturday night on adult swim. It is an event that last from 12:00 am - 3:30am. It used to be from 12:00 am -6:00 am, but the time in recent years has been continuously cut shorter. In this time span, nothing but anime is shown. It is a time of the week purely for those, like myself, whom enjoy watching anime.You see in 2012, i was in this chatroom that was apart of this organization i am a part of, and was approached by someone whom i had been talked to for a few days, maybe even weeks. He asked me and a friend of his to help him start a chat room on a chat site that was for the people who enjoy anime and toonami in general to come and be able to have a place to talk about it without confusion. So every saturday night we would go on the site and create a room titled “toonami”. The first night of the opening of that room, i met the guy’s friend, and we became close friends. Us three are the seniors, creators, veterans of the toonami chat room. The very first night i was overcome with a strong sense duty to come every saturday and keep the room going until toonami was over with for the night. I met many people every time i would log in. Later the first creator, we called him GreenTea, whom was the one that thought up of the room and gathered us two, could no longer show up because of issues where he lived. In the period of time that i had already spent every saturday in that room, i came to feel a certain honor in maintaining the purpose of the room, and an obligation as one of the three veterans of the room to keep it going. The room is still going, me and the other veteran, Skyver, come every saturday night still. I’m still filled with the Duty, Honor,and Obligation that i had always kept in my heart. I have never missed a single saturday since the creation of the room. Skyver has missed a couple times, but that’s alright, he is still a veteran and close friend alongside me. I don’t know if he is driven by his love for anime and toonami to come every saturday or the same sense of pride as mine for the room, but he is still there, and that i will always appreciate. Some might think that feeling the way i do for a simple chat room is unreasonable and stupid. But it is something i want to forever hold on to as long as i can. GreenTea has not been in the room in a really long time, there are times when i miss his company as he was an important part of the group, and a close friend. But i try to keep in touch with him through social media like facebook. Last night i realized that his account for some reason was no longer available. I found only one account with his name that he used. I hope it’s him, and i can’t wait for the day us three can be together again in that room, like the first night that meant allot to this half assed girl, who loves anime.