The Trail of Gratitude

Stitching Up A Broken Boy

         The next time you heard a knock on the door was a few days after Chanwoo's fever visit. You had a feeling it was Chanwoo so you excitedly went to the door to greet him. Turns out it was just the postman. From the excitement you felt at the thought of Chanwoo visiting you made you realise that you liked having him around. He was a cool guy. You were probably even falling for him. Your bias in iKON is Hanbin. But in reality you have come to fancy Chanwoo. As you were opening your package sent from your family, you heard another knock on the door. You opened it and saw a letter left on the floor. Out of curiousity you picked it up and read it.

        Dear Doctor. Congratulations you just cured your first patient. Follow the petals to claim your reward!

       You giggled at the note. You loved games like these you were excited. You lifted your head up and saw a trail of flower petals on the floor leading to the lobby of your apartment. You went inside to wear your shoes and coat and immediately ran downstairs to the lobby. That is where you found another letter left on a table. 

        Dear Doctor. Where could I be? This winter is cold and icy. What used to be green is now white, this place is the brightest when looking through your window at night. 

       "Green, but now white? Must be a place that has a lot of trees. And brightest through my window? AHH! THE PARK!" you thought to yourself. There was a park opposite of your apartment which had lights around some of the trees to give that beautiful winter vibe. At night, the lights are so bright you can literally see them through your bedroom window. Chanwoo must have seen them when he was at your place. 

       "Not bad at all Chanwoo. I love this!" you said to yourself before running towards the park.
When you got to the entrance of the park, you saw that the whole park was covered in snow and there were quite a number of people. Not as much as during Spring or summer. It was late in the evening so it was about to get dark. Soon, the lights will be switched on. At the park you didn't know where to go, so you started looking around the entrance for petals or a letter. Taped to a wall, you found another letter. "There you are!" you said to yourself.

      Dear Doctor. Where am I now? I'm under a tree. Different than the others, this one is the easiest to see. If you knew what I brought, you would want to find me in such haste, The cold wind is strong, blowing away the taste.

   You thought hard and figured out he was under the tree with star on top which made that tree the easiest to see. And it was taller than the others. At the centre of the park. He wanted you to find him fast because the wind will blow away the taste? You thought to yourself "maybe he brought food. He doesn't want it to get cold?" You quickly ran to the tree and you went around it to find no one there. But you found another letter. 


      Dear Doctor. Well done, you've already found the last clue. The day we first met, was the day I got stitched. Turn around and you'll find a boy, once broken, now fixed. 

       You quickly turned around and saw Chanwoo standing there with a lot of layers on, holding a basket. "CHANWOO!" you screamed. You ran over and hugged him. You didn't know what got into you, but it just felt like the most natural thing to do. You were so comfortable around him you didn't have to think before doing. Chanwoo was taken aback by your gesture you could tell by the way he responded. You broke the hug and Chanwoo said "Are you only wearing a tshirt and a coat?!" You looked at yourself and realised it was true. But you didn't feel cold at all due to all the excitement. "Don't worry I'll be fine. I was so excited to play this game, I forgot to wear more layers." you explained. "Come on, lets go. The soup is getting cold." Chanwoo said. "You brought soup?!" you asked. "Yeah, I asked my mum to make it for me. I don't really know how to cook, so I got her to help me." Chanwoo explained as you were following him to the place he wanted to take you. You stopped at a tree which had a mat laid under it. "Oh wow, its like a picnic. But during winter, in the snow." you said while laughing. "Ahhh, Not really a good idea huh? I'm so bad at this. I just wanted to do something nice." Chanwoo said nervously. "No. Chanwoo, I love it.  I love the snow. I've always wanted to have a picnic during winter like this." you assured to him. You both sat down and the sun had set. It was dark. "It's kinda dark though right?" Chanwoo said. "Wait for it.." you replied. Suddenly, all the pretty lights on the trees . "Oh yeah. Brightest at night, right?" Chanwoo said. You just giggled. 

      Then Chanwoo unleashed the soup his mother made and it smelled amazing. You were just about to grab for the spoon when he covered them with his hands. "No. I'll feed you." he said. "WHAT?! No, you don't have to!" you said embarrassingly. "No, no, you fed me. I should do the same to you. "I only fed you a few scoops, then you ate it by yourself." you reminded him. " Fine. I'll feed you 5 spoons and then I'll let you eat by yourself. Deal?" he asked. "Fine." you gave in. 
He started feeding you and it was going fine. The soup tasted great. Then at the last spoon, a bit of the soup spilled and left a stain next to your lips. As you were about to wipe it, Chanwoo wiped it with his thumb. He held his finger there for a long time and he looked into your eyes. You suddenly felt so nervous. It was like in the dramas, the moment leading to the kiss. You looked into his eyes and to his lips which you thought probably gave away that you wanted to be kissed. You thought he was gonna do it, but, he didn't. He pulled his hand away from you and stared into the distance. "That was the last spoon" you said. He looked back at you and gave you the bowl and spoon for you to eat. Then you both just talked and laughed about things. He talked about his interests and so did you. It was like he was a normal person and not an artist. You felt so comfortable and safe around him.

         After a few hours, he walked you home. When you got to your door, you opened it and turned around to say goodbye to him. "It was a nice thing you did for me. Thank you Chanwoo." you said. "Don't worry about it. It was the least I could do." he replied. "Goodnight." you said. Suddenly Chanwoo dropped the mat and basket and hugged you. He held you so tightly it was as if he didn't want to let go. You were shocked, but you naturally wrapped your arms around him. "You're the coolest girl I had ever known." Chanwoo whispered into your ear. You just smiled. When he ended the hug, he held your hands and he looked at you. Again, it was as if he wanted to say something. But, he didn't. "Goodnight (YN)."  he said as he let go of your hands. "Goodnight" you said smiling at him before you closed the door.