Saturday

Everyday Love

"_______ wake up."

 

"I thought I don't have to go to school today."

 

"Who said that?"

 

"Sica unnie."

 

"Well, you heard wrongly then."

 

"Wait, I have to go?"

 

"Yes, now get ready. You don't want to be late right?"

 

"Okay Krystal unnie."

 

I got up and get ready for Saturday detention. I was literally shaking. I'm so freaking scared. I thought it was over but no. I just need to get this over with. I went down and ate my breakfast in silence since no one was there only me. I think my other unnies just finished eating their breakfast as I saw them talking in the living room. As I took my last bite, Yoona unnie came in the dining room.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

"Yes unnie."

 

"Alright let's go."

 

Jessica unnie was in the car already as I got in the car with Yoona unnie. It was true, Driver Park is heading towards my school. I turned to look at Jessica unnie for answers but she just smiled at me. What is happening actually? When we arrived, Jessica unnie and Yoona unnie brought me to the office. Wait, the office? That's the headmaster's office then.

 

"Jung Soobin, you just need to tell the truth alright?"

 

"Okay unnie but what truth?"

 

Then the three of us got in and Mr.Middleton was seated at his usual seat.

 

"Morning. Please take a seat."

 

"Am I supposed to be here?"

 

"Yes, Miss Jung. The school needs you to tell us."

 

"Tell you what Mr. Middleton?"

 

"What is the core to the fight between you and Kris? What is the cause of this?"

 

"I-I don't think I'm supposed to tell."

 

"We need to know."

 

"B-but it's going to break m-my friend's trust."

 

"______, we need to know the truth so that we can help and we can do the right thing."

 

"Your sister is right Miss Jung. Until when are you going to protect your friend when you can't even protect yourself."

 

"I can protect myself!"

 

"No Miss Jung. You can't keep on taking punishment any longer. You're doing injustice to yourself."

 

"B-but.....I thought I am doing the right choice."

 

"Telling us is the right choice Miss Jung. It's not too late yet."

 

"Okay I'll tell."

 

I looked down at the floor not wanting to make eye contact.

 

"Last two years, Kris was bullying a junior and Taeyeon saved him. I didn't know about it until last year, Taeyeon keep on having bruises when she's not around me. One day, I followed her when she said she wanted to meet a friend. Then, I saw them, Kris and gang was hitting Taeyeon. I got mad and I fought them. That's where it all started. That's the fight that got me into my first trouble. Taeyeon told me to just keep quiet. She doesn't want people to know that she's getting bullied. I-I was protecting my friend.....It was okay but Kris's target is no longer Taeyeon but me. But because I can fight he can't easily bully me the way he did to the junior and Taeyeon. Then, he started to do things and framed me on doing it or gets me into trouble...I'm sorry."

 

I was crying as I narrated the whole thing that's happening to me. When I look up I saw Jessica unnie, Yoona unnie and Mr. Middleton with their mouths open. I guess they don't believe it.

 

"I'm sorry. Really. I shouldn't have tell. It hard to believe it right?"

 

"No, ______ why didn't you tell us?"

 

"I don't want to burden you unnies. I also promise Taeyeon that it's going to be our secret."

 

"This is not something that you shouldn't tell."

 

"On behalf of the student body, I'm terribly sorry that I overlooked this problem. I'm so sorry. I'll take severe action of this."

 

"Thank you Mr.Middleton. I'll take my leave now along with my wife and sister."

 

"Alright. Thank you for coming today."

 

Jessica unnie wiped my tears away from my face and Yoona unnie rubbed my back to calm me down. The three of us then walked in the car. Driver Park then stopped at a park as Jessica unnie instructed him to do so. Jessica unnie then took my by the hand and brought me to a bench. Yoona unnie just followed us.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yes unnie."

 

Jessica unnie then looked at me as she patted my cheeks.

 

"Why didn't you tell me or Krystal or Yoona?"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Did Tiffany know?"

 

"No. No one knows about it."

 

"______ why didn't you guys tell anyone of us? Don't you trust us?"

 

"I trust you unnies but Taeyeon.....she was so broken that time and she don't want anyone to see her in that state... I'm sorry..."

 

"No _______ I'm sorry for not taking care of you better."

 

"You're not at fault unnie. You've always took care of me."

 

"But I-"

 

"No unnie, everything you do is always for me. I know you love me as much as I do and that's enough already."

 

Then we cried in each other's arms. Yoona unnie joined in the hug.

 

"I'm sorry for keeping this away from you unnies."

 

"Don't do this anymore okay?"

 

"Okay unnies."

 

As night comes, we went to Tiffany unnie's house. Krystal unnie also tag along with us. As we got there, it looks like they knew about it already. I guess Mr.Middleton phoned Tiffany unnie earlier.

 

"Taetae, get down here. The Jungs are here."

 

As Taeyeon got down, I jumped on her.

 

"Taengoo!"

 

"_______!"

 

"You're not mad at me right?"

 

"No, I'm not. It's okay."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"No. I'm sorry it all started because of me."

 

"No, it's my fault. I can't protect us."

 

"It's no one's fault, okay?"

 

"Let's eat barbecue. We need it."

 

 

"Yay!!! Food!!!"