FIVE

Avoiding Mr. Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER V:

 

One box of Ferrero Rochers was all it took to get to Luhan’s good side again.

“Didn’t think you’d actually send me chocolates,” he mused over the phone, some of the melted sweet off his fingers.

Rahyun shrugged, “Don’t thank me; Thank Jongup. He was the one who drove to your place after all.”

“Sweetie I think you’re mistaken between a secretary and a slave.” Miji chimed in from her line, “There’s a difference.”

Kris appeared behind her, waving to his other two friends through the Skype call they were having.

“Thank God I don’t work for you,” The giant said, crouching to fit his face into the screen, “If I did, I might get so stressed I’d shave my head and quit to become a monk!”

“I wonder how you look when you’re bald…” Miji stared at him.

“Fabulous and hot- that’s how.”

Meanwhile, Luhan was done cleaning his fingers.

“You should really give that poor thing a raise.”

Rahyun hummed, “Meh- When the time comes, I guess.”

“Hey- you better treat that kid right or I will kidnap him and bring him to work for me in Japan.” Miji smirked, “I might give him Kris’ job.”

The said man frowned, “Now hold on-”

Luhan rolled his eyes dramatically, giving Rahyun a knowing look.

There was no way Miji would do such a thing and they all knew that; Kris included.

“Alright you two- go be yucky somewhere else.” She deadpanned.

“I swear to God it’s as bad as seeing your parents flirt.” Luhan added.

Both Miji and Kris glared at the screen. It was almost frightening how they managed to do it simultaneously.

“At least I’m not the one here with the missing phone,” her friend said, looking at Kris to tell him to continue, “Yeah. That dude called me like several times. It was crazy.” He finished.

Rahyun raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about? Did someone find my phone?”

Luhan was unusually quiet.

“Oh- you didn’t know? Bang Yongguk called me with your phone earlier today. And by the grace of God- have you listened to that man’s voice? It was so-”

“Alright, we’re digressing.” Kris warned her.

Miji laughed, “Anyways, I think he called most of your contacts because he also called Kris’ useless phone- but when I answered he said that he didn’t have any luck. Poor thing- he only wanted to return Cinderella’s shoe back but he didn’t know how to contact her!”

Rahyun held back the urge to twitch her eye, “That’s pretty ridiculous- he could’ve called my secretary or something. Why didn’t he think of that?”

“I don’t think anyone would guess that Minion Moon is an overworked, dedicated, young secretary tortured on a daily basis by you.” Kris pointed out.

“How did you remember that name?!” Rahyun almost screamed in shock.

He wiggled his thick eyebrows, “Because I’m Batman….”

Miji sent him a look of judgment and shook her head.

“What I found odd was that he could’ve called Luhan since he knew him. Yongguk would recognize his name right?” Her friend thought aloud.

Rahyun blinked rapidly as a realization dawned upon her.

“Luhan… Where is he?!”

The three friends were busy talking by themselves that they weren’t aware of Luhan’s exit. He ended his side of the call more than 5 minutes ago.

Although, he left a message of: ‘If you kill me my girlfriend will hunt you all down so don’t even think about it. P.S. huge thanks for the chocolates. I feel the love.’

“That asswipe!” Rahyun gawked disgustedly at his text, “He must’ve gotten the call too!”

Miji laughed incredulously, “I don’t understand… Why wouldn’t he just return the phone for you?”

“Because he’s Luhan,” the woman sighed in defeat.

Why are her friends so useless?

“He’d better kneel down in forgiveness the next time I meet him.”

Miji waved a hand in dismissal, “Make him your carpet, sweetie. Anywho- what are you going to do about the date?”

Rahyun gasped, “How’d you know about the blind date?!”

“She’s the Kang Miji. Save your questions.” Kris said before high-fiving the girl next to him.

“So? What are you wearing?”

Rahyun groaned, “Nothing-”

“Dude- I like forward women and all- but don’t you think that’s a little inappropriate?” Kris failed to hide his laughter.

“I was going to say ‘nothing special’ you ert!” she shouted indignantly.

Miji eyed him with disgust before giving him a painful slap in the shoulders. He was howling in agony for the next few minutes.

“Why not? You are special, Rahyun.” Miji ignored Kris’ dying sounds, “You should dress nicely for once- even though it’s nothing work related.”

“No, that’s the problem.” She cursed inwardly, “That’s exactly the problem right there.”

Her friend was blank, “What? Sweetie you’re babbling.”

“This is a business matter, Kang! It’s not just a date!”

Kris grew silent, paying attention to his friend’s distress.

“I checked the profiles of my blind dates yesterday and guess what I found? All of the 10 names listed were all heirs, investors, or potential partners for our company!”

Miji was taken aback, “… and that is bad because?”

“Because it would be bad if I reject any of them! Business ties would break, deals would be canceled- I am going to ruin everything my dad had worked on! This is it- this is how I will end!”

Her friends were still confused, “Then don’t dump them!”

“I can’t!” Rahyun looked at them with a scared expression, “I don’t want to get married- don’t you guys get it? Even though I agreed to these stupid dates I never said that I agreed on marrying! Bubby’s tricks get dirtier and dirtier the older I get!”

“Tough luck, sweetie,” Miji sympathized, “but I still think that you should give ‘em boys a chance. Don’t over-think it okay? The company will not be falling apart because of a bad date. It’s just you and a guy-“

Rahyun gave her a look.

“-fine, a very rich guy. Possibly an heir too. But you just need to be yourself. If it doesn’t work out then don’t force it- but if everything fits don’t deny it either.”

Kris felt like he was intruding a private women bonding talk so he scooted silently away from the screen, giving Rahyun a faint smile before he disappeared out of sight.

“Can’t I like… find a way to reject them politely?” She droned, “Something like ‘Please off, I am not interested.’ would be sufficient.”

“You’re hopeless,” Miji smiled.

Rahyun nodded, “I know. Take care of you.”

“Take care of yourself first.” Her best friend said before ending the call.

 

Clutching the wrinkled piece of paper, Rahyun had never felt so useless.

She began to wonder how convenient it would have been if only she hadn’t left her dratted phone with Yongguk. She considered half guilt-tripping and half threatening Luhan to help her get it back. That aside- she had bigger problems to face.

The wind was not being cooperative and was howling most crudely, sending the tips of her dres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter