TWO

Avoiding Mr. Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER II:

 

Growing up, Yongguk always had a very rotten luck.

On his 8th birthday, he fell off a bike that his grandparents gave him as a present, breaking his legs.

During the high school examination week, he had to fight through an extremely high fever.

And there he was with a drunken woman super-glued to his left arm. She was singing horribly too.

How the hell was he supposed to drive with just one arm?

Yongguk looked over to the hiccupping girl attached to him and sighed, not knowing what he did wrong to deserve this. He looked up at the people surrounding them in the bar. They were discussing how to handle the unexpected situation.

Junhong was quiet (as usual) and sat next to him. He glanced over at the kid to see that the latter was already staring at him and the woman with widened eyes.

Yongguk smiled in amusement and ruffled the boy’s blonde hair.

“Hyung,” Junhong’s voice was muffled through his mask, “Are you going to take her home?”

The older man laughed at how innocently he had said it.

“She’s not a stray cat, Hong-ie. I can’t just take her home.”

In response, Junhong merely blinked at him with a straight face before letting out a short ‘oh’.

This kid is hilarious.

One of Daehyun’s friends, Han- or something, walked up to where he and Junhong sat. His eyes were trained nervously on the woman who was half-conscious on Yongguk’s arm.

“Hey, man.” The woman’s friend started off somewhat awkwardly. Yongguk totally understood- it wasn’t exactly a situation you encounter every day. “Look, I feel really awful for putting you in this mess.”

“No harm done,” he replied when he felt his arms being squeezed to death.

Han- or something seemed to contemplate his words for a while before speaking up again. “If it’s okay with you, I could drive you both to her house to drop her off first seeing that she’s uh- taken a deep liking to your arm. I figured it’d be difficult to drive a car with Rahyun hogging one of your arms.”

Rahyun. The woman’s name was Rahyun.

“That’d be a help, thanks.” He accepted his offer gratefully.

They bid their goodbyes to their friends and made way to exit the pub. Yongguk handed his car keys to Han- or something before guiding him to the vehicle. He held on Rahyun’s shoulders to support her as they walked.

“Yo,” He heard the other man speak, “No offence but I don’t remember your name.”

Yongguk liked how blunt this Han- or something was.

“Same thing here. I’m completely horrible at names.”

“Well then, mine’s Luhan.” The other man smiled at him, “And the sloth on your arm is called Ki Rahyun.”

“I’m Bang Yongguk.” He replied; still busy trying to balance the girl’s steps.

They finally reached a black Hammer. Luhan was screaming in delight at the sight of the enormous car.

“Would you look at this beauty!” he babbled on, “This is sweet, man!”

Smiling, Yongguk opened the back door after Luhan unlocked the car. He half-lifted a whiny Rahyun up to the leather seats and settled himself next to her. She shuffled against him and tried to position her head on his shoulder but ended up banging her head against it.

“THE SKY IS FALLING!” Rahyun yelled in the darkness of the car and started scratching her nails on Yongguk’s arms.

“Don’t worry, it’s not!” He panicked, trying to search for Luhan for assistance.

A chuckle was heard from the driver’s seat as Rahyun continued screaming about the end of the world.

“Sing a song for her man,” Luhan advised, “She usually sings along but if you get lucky- she’ll just listen quietly.”

Yongguk’s face contorted in pain. “I’m a rapper! I can’t sing!”

“HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WAIFU-” the woman exclaimed, grabbing the collar of his hoodie jacket.

“Same here,” Luhan said distractedly.

“You’re a rapper?” Yongguk almost got choked by Rahyun’s hands.

“No- I can’t sing.”

Feeling desperate, he detached Rahyun’s hands from his clothes. They automatically circled around his biceps again. There was no escape.

“There are three bears in a house~” he started singing a children’s song that popped into his head. His baritone voice sounded awkward with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter