TEN

Avoiding Mr. Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER X:

 

She was standing on the drive way, hoping to catch a taxi to find her stupid best friend.

The first thing she did was to bring the passed out girl into the warmth of her house, telling a few of the maids to help carry her into one of the guest rooms. Thankfully Mr. Lim woke up from all of the commotion and took charge of the dire situation with sufficiency. He’d called the family doctor for medication and tended to the frail-looking girl.

Needing some help, Rahyun desperately called both Kris and Miji to tell them the situation.

Unexpectedly, Kris picked up his phone on the first ring- albeit groggily. He seemed to have snapped to his senses once she brought Luhan’s fainted girlfriend into the picture, saying that he’s going to check out potential spots where Luhan would be.

Miji didn’t pick up and Rahyun immediately gave up after the fifth missed call.

But now her phone was ringing again, and she looked at the ID. Speak of the devil.

“Hello?” she switched on the video option of the call and was able to see Miji’s face under horrible lighting.

Her friend settled the camera angle into landscape before replying, “Hey, why’d you call?”

“Luhan’s gone.” Rahyun didn’t waste her breath, “He’s left his unconscious, pregnant girlfriend at my door and we all have no clue to where he is.”

Miji’s was taken aback, “What?! His girlfriend is... Huh?”

She shook her head, “That’s not important right now. I called Kris and he said that he’s out to search for Luhan now. We all ought to... wait- why didn’t you answer your phone, Kang?”

Her friend appeared flustered and her eyes wandered round, “Well... uh... I was...”

Suddenly, another figure stepped into the screen. Rahyun thought that the man’s face was quite familiar.

“She was with me.” The man said, smiling. He put his arm casually around Miji’s shoulders. Her friend looked like her cheeks could combust with embarrassment.

Rahyun blinked, “Who....”

“Sweetie,” her friend gave her the I-will-explain-I-promise look, “This is Jung Daehyun. We met at your birthday party.”

“I’m a friend of Luhan’s,” he said, “I could help you and Miji find him if you want.”

Rahyun wasn’t expecting the sudden offer, “Wouldn’t it be too late at this hour... we wouldn’t want to bother-“

She saw Daehyun wink at her friend, “Anything for you.”

Pretending that he hadn’t just said that, Miji coughed, “Alright so we’re gonna look for him too. Where are you heading?”

Rahyun gave her a look before continuing, “I’m not sure but I’m taking a cab.”

Daehyun frowned at her words, “It’s not safe for a woman to ride a taxi at night.” He looked at Miji again, “Say, I have a friend who kind of owes me. Do you want me to convince him into driving your friend around?”

Rahyun struggled to not vomit at the obvious flirting that was going on, “No thank you, it’s fine...”

“You can do that?” Miji stared at him in amazement.

“You can trust oppa.”

Rahyun cringed at the screen as her friend giggled shyly.

“It’s settled then, I’ll give my friend a call.”

Before she could object, Miji was already screaming a “Take care!” and the screen turned black.

Remembering Kris, she exhaled a deep breath at his cruel fate.

At this rate, she wouldn’t need to watch dramas anymore.

Having friends like these are enough.

 

Rahyun wasn’t surprised when she saw the gigantic black car driving up to where she was.

Out of all the friends Daehyun could’ve called... of course it’d be this one.

The windows rolled down to reveal Bang Yongguk grinning at her in the driver’s seat.

“It seems like you’re stuck with me now.”

She rolled her eyes at his reference to their first meeting, “Ha-ha very funny.”

Rahyun hopped into the passenger’s seat next to him, busying herself with the seatbelt. He watched her with disbelief lacing his eyes. And then a laugh.

“I was kidding. It wasn’t that funny.” She eyed him from her lateral view, “Why are you laughing?”

He shook his head, still chuckling softly.

“I just... I somehow knew that I was going to end up with you.”

Rahyun felt her stomach back-flipping. “What?”

“When Daehyun called me about repaying him or whatever, I smelt trouble right away. And for some reason I thought I’d see you again.”

She blinked when he rested his head on the steering wheel to give her a soft smile, “And here you are.”

Rahyun turned her head away before he could see the shade of red that appeared on her face.

“You’ve been speaking a whole lot more lately.” She commented lightly, trying to change the subject.

“I like it,” he bit back a smile, “Do you?”

She tried averting her vision from his lip-bite, “I’m not sure...”

It was terrifying how he managed to capture her attention and captivate all of her senses so easily. She couldn’t dare to stare at how the upper row of his teeth grazed the corner of his full lower lip, leaving it redder and a little bit swollen. She wondered what would happen if somebody else were to-

No.

Focus, woman! Your best friend is on the run like a wanted national outlaw. You do not have time for this.

Yongguk waited patiently in his seat for her to say their destination.

“Where would Luhan go...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter