Belle//Namjoon

Once Upon a Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were a beautiful but selfish princess. You were greedy, and you were cruel. You were mean to anyone and everyone, not thinking of the consequences of your actions. Hence, the curse that the Enchantress casted on you was proof of that. She turned you into a terrible and horrendous beast that made everyone fear you in disgust.

After the Enchantress cursed you, she had also pitied you, and left you a rose that could have rivaled your beauty, before the curse of course, and said if you did not find true love before the last petal of the rose fell, you would remain a beast forever.

You encased the rose in a glass jar, and holed up in your castle, afraid to show everyone your new form.

In a nearby village, Namjoon lived with his mother. His mother owned a small library that everyone from the village came and visited.

Namjoon loved it. He loved reading many different types of books, and expanding his views on the world. But the genre he loved the most was adventure. The plots him into their world, and showed him things he never dreamed of. His greatest wish was to go on an adventure that was similar to his cherished books.

Sitting down on his favorite chair, he picked up a book that was placed neatly on the table and turned to the first page.

After reading a few lines, the door to the library opened. Lazily raising his eyes to see who had entered his family’s library, he internally sighed once he saw who it was.

A woman with long black hair, tied neatly into a ponytail, and pretty blue eyes stepped inside. Her name was Gaston. Masculine, huh? Well, apparently, her parents wanted a boy. It did not bother her, she could break the norms and still look good doing it.

Looking over the people in the library, a smirk made its way to her face once she spotted Namjoon.

Namjoon had his book in front of him, trying to block himself from Gaston’s view to no avail. He sighed once he heard the sounds of Gaston’s footsteps coming his way.

“Hey, Namjoon. Are you still playing hard to get?” She said, after lowering the book, getting a clear view of Namjoon’s face.

“I’m not playing. I am seriously not interested, I’m sorry,” he replied, trying not to hurt the other person’s feelings.

“Oh, please. Spare me your excuses. When should I tell our parents about the wedding?” Gaston asked.

Namjoon had to hold back a groan. “Listen, Gaston, I am not interested. I do not want to marry you. I’m sorry.”

Gaston continued to smirk. She did not let Namjoon’s rejections get to her, since it was not the first time he has done it.

“May I have my book back?” Namjoon said, making Gaston look down at the book in her hand. When did she grab it? The world may never know.

She pulled the book closer to her once Namjoon tried reaching for it and asked, “Why do you read anyways? Seems boring.”

Namjoon almost gasped at the statement. How dare someone insult his favorite hobby and pastime?

“See, this is why we would not work. I am into reading, and unfortunately, you are not.” And with that, Namjoon grabbed the book from Gaston’s hands and went to the second floor of the library that was also his and his mother’s home.

Upstairs, Namjoon’s mother was working on one of her inventions again. This time, his mother was adding some finishing touches to her latest invention, an automatic woodchopper, which she was going to enter in the county fair.

“Finishing your newest invention, mother?” He asked, placing the book on a near table.

“Yes, and I will soon win first place! Just you watch,” she replied, screwing the last screw in.

Namjoon chuckled watching his enthusiastic mother work on her invention. He decided it was best to head to bed, and hope that his mother did win, she tried her very best and it would kill him to see her lose.

“Well, I am going to sleep. Will you be leaving soon?”

“Yes, after I shower and get ready. Will you be okay by yourself?”

“I will, mother. And the library will be closed so don’t worry. I’ll have the whole library to myself, so that’s a plus.”

His mother laughed. Classic Namjoon, his love of books being his first priority.

“All right, goodnight, dear,” his mother said.

“Goodnight, ma!” He said before heading to his bed and let sleep engulf him.

After making sure her invention was perfect and that Namjoon was asleep, his mother took her things and made her way to the county fair.

But on her way to the fair, she got lost in the woods. Every shadow and noise scared her, and Namjoon’s mother did not know where to go.

Loud howling caught her attention. She turned to the direction of the sound and saw a pack of wolves staring at her with the eyes of a predator. Growls started to erupt from their throat and then the chase begun.

Namjoon’s mother ran and ran, until the pack of wolves cornered her into the gates of a near castle. Deciding not knowing what was inside the gates, she knew it would have been better to be killed and eaten by a feral pack. So without a second thought, she entered the castle grounds.

Once inside the castle, Namjoon’s mother looked at decorations that hung on the wall. She was frightened and did not know what to expect. Entering the castle did not seem like a good idea now that she was actually inside.

Looking further into the hallway, she saw a small light. Curiosity getting the better of her, she decided to go towards the light.

What she did not expect, was to see a beast wearing a cape eating, quite messily, from a plate on the kitchen.

Screaming at your appearance, you turned and looked at where the noise was coming from. It had turned out to be coming from a middle-aged woman. But instead of screaming, she was now openly staring at you.

Thinking that she came in all the way to stare at you and mock you, you let a growl escape from your lips.

Seeing the woman tremble brought a smile to your face. You instantly and cautiously made your way to her, furious that someone entered your precious home.

You grabbed Namjoon’s mother by the arm, and was surprised by the lack of screams, and led her to your dungeon, where you locked her in. Ignoring her pleas, and the fact that her son will be looking for her, you continued on with your way, and hoped that no one else will see you in this hideous form.

It has been two days since Namjoon’s mother did not arrive home. Namjoon was beyond worried, and he really missed his mother. Knowing what he had to do, Namjoon put on his cloak, grabbed his things, and went to seek her out.

Not knowing where to go, he went on the path that most people sought out when going to the county fair. Walking for a while, he seemed to find some tracks that seemed a few days old. Deciding to follow them, the tracks had led him to what seemed to be an abandoned castle. (

Determined, he entered the castle.

Inside the castle was dark and quiet. Namjoon continued to walk and walk, until at long last, he heard a sound. It seemed like someone was yelling. Turning to where the source of the yells were coming from, he made his way downstairs to what seemed like a dungeon.

In one of the cells, he saw his mother.

Rushing to her side, he could not help but let out a sigh of relief. He finally found her.

“Mother, are you all right?” He asked, slipping some of his fingers through the bars.

Grasping his fingers with hers, she replied. “I am. The beast feeds me, and gives me all the necessities to survive. I mean, I need a shower, but that’s okay. How did you find me, son?”

“I noticed your disappearance, and I just had to find you.”

“Son, listen to me. This beast is cruel, you have to help me get out of here. I want to go back home with you.” His mother begged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter