Cinderella//Jin

Once Upon a Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were the next candidate for the throne once your father retires. You did not care for what came with the throne, not the riches, not the men, not the power. You were just willing to do what needed to be done, and give your father who has long done his duty a break. It was the most you could do.

Your father was filled with joy. He was happy to leave the kingdom to you that will soon turn into your queendom and decided to throw you a ball.

You were grateful for his actions, but you did not think it was necessary. You were never one for parties or balls and you were going to tell him just that, but then you saw the expression of joy your father sported once the party planners arrived.

And that is how you were now sitting in your throne, wearing the most beautiful and extravagant blue dress your father could fine.

You were watching couples dance across the floor, with tails of dresses swaying in sight. Many handsome men came and had asked for a dance. After politely rejecting them, your father, who was seated on your right, gave you a glance you knew too well.

“Daughter, why don’t you go out there and socialize? Get to know the people you will rule over soon.”

Reluctantly, you agreed with him. You were about to be queen, and it was important become a ruler that people could trust.

Gradually getting out of your throne, you made your way to the dance floor.

You smiled and returned the bows and waves directed towards you, and you slowly walked to an empty table.

You looked at where your father was seated and saw him happily chattering away with people you have never seen before.

A smile started to appear on your face as you looked at your father interacting with his subjects and hoped you would follow in his footsteps.

The sound of doors opening grabbed your attention. Your eyes slowly moved towards the doors and landed on a figure of a young man.

The lights suddenly moved to him, as if they were drawn to him, and illuminated his being.

You had to squint to try to get a better look at him, and once the lights found their new target, you could finally blink and see the young man better.

He was wearing a blue tuxedo that seemed vaguely familiar. You looked down and raised your eyebrows. His tuxedo was almost the same color as yours, maybe one or two shades lighter.

You returned your eyes onto his figure and raised it to his face.

The young man was very handsome with his light brown hair neatly styled. His pink plump lips rested under a cute button nose with a pair of chestnut-colored eyes.

Red splashed across your cheeks once eye contact was made, and you almost swooned when he gave you a smile.

Looking around you, you noticed the looks he was receiving from other female guests and decided it was all or nothing. Leaving the empty table you were at, you made your way towards the charming young stranger.

Nearing him, two younger women approached him before you, blocking your view of him.

Deciding not to give up, you seek out the courage and confidence and continued to walk towards him.

Finally being in the same space as him made your heart palpitate just a bit more rapidly. The two young women noticed your presence and gave a slight bow which you politely accepted. After accepting and making your greetings, you looked at the young and attractive man.

Maintaining eye contact, you watched as he bent down on one knee and gave a court bow. Stating it was okay to rise, with a blush, he stood up before you.

Deciding to break the gender norms, you outstretched one hand towards him and asked, “May I have this dance?”

Grinning at your actions, he gladly took your hand and led you towards the dance floor.

With everyone’s eyes on you two, the young man pulled you close and placed a hand on your shoulder and the other one on your waist.

Positioning your hands where they were supposed to be, you let the young man lead, even though you were very much capable of both leading and following.

As you both danced, you could not help but maintain eye contact with the young stranger.

Finally finding your voice, you asked the one question that was haunting your mind.

“Are you single?”

He chuckled at that. “I am,” he replied with a cheeky smile.

You nodded, smiling softly.

After dancing through many songs, you discovered many new things about the mysterious stranger.

He told you about his father passing away while he was at a young age, and how kind and thoughtful he was. He also told you about how his mother remarried, and that he accumulated a new step father including two step-brothers. But then his mother fell ill, and left the house and everything else to her new husband.

The attractive man told you all about his passion of cooking, and his love for eating many different types of food. After getting to know more about you, and how nervous you were to actually take the throne and rule over a huge amount of people, the young man decided to say something more personal.

“Not trying to be embarrassing, but I have this…item that brings me comfort. My mother gave it to me before passing away, and I named it Pink.”

You questioned the name, and contemplated asking, but you decided against it.

After dancing a few more slow songs, you decided to ask for his name, sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter