Snow White//Jungkook

Once Upon a Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time, there was a young prince, with hair as dark as night and his skin was white as snow. His name was Jungkook, and he lived with his stepfather. His real father had died when Jungkook was a barely an infant, and his mother remarried. His stepfather was a very attractive man, but wicked at heart.

His stepfather was very cruel. He resented anybody who was better looking than him. While Jungkook was young, his stepfather treated him very poorly, as if he was a servant. But Jungkook never complained. He was very diligent and did everything that was ordered of him. Deciding he did not care about society’s norms, all Jungkook ever thought of was meeting a beautiful princess that could take him away from his castle to hers, and live happily ever.

Days went by, but on one particular day, Jungkook was pitching water from a well that was on the palace floor, shyly singing one of his favorite songs. What he did not know was that you were walking around below, visiting this castle.

You were minding your own business, when a beautiful voice and melody made its way to your ears.

You were charmed by this voice. Who could it be?

You walked and walked until you found the source of the music. You were standing next to a well when you decided to look above. You found a young boy drawing water, and he was the one singing!

You were smitten at once by his voice, and you could not help but join in, after recognizing the song.

Jungkook was startled once he heard you singing along with him. Looking down, he noticed you, a young and beautiful princess, staring up above at him, continuing the song he stopped singing to look at you.

The young prince started singing once again, and both of your voices mingled in perfect harmony. After finishing singing the song, you both were left there with shy smiles on your lips.

Jungkook did not know what else to do. So being the shy boy he was, he just smiled and waved, before grabbing the bucket of water and leaving.

You were a bit surprised he did not say anything else, but you shrugged and went back to your way. You had butterflies in your stomach, and you could not get the young prince out of your head. Going into the place you were staying at, you laid down on your bed and pictured his face in your mind. You then grabbed a pillow and covered your face before squealing loudly thinking about your encounter with the singing prince.

What you did not know was that Jungkook was thinking about you too. He regretted not saying anything to you (curse his shyness around girls!), and he went to his room. He pictured the many ways he could have started a conversation, but what could he do? He could not complain over spilled milk.

While Jungkook went over the situation that had occurred with you, Jungkook’s stepfather was in a hidden room in the castle. Unbeknown to him and you, his stepfather watched the whole ordeal. He saw both you and Jungkook sing with disdain, but ignored what happened anyway.

In the hidden room, Jungkook’s stepfather had a magical mirror that would answer any questions he had. Every day, his stepfather would ask his mirror, “Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the best looking of them all?”

While Jungkook was still young, the mirror would respond with, “You are, Your Majesty!” Years went by, and every time Jungkook’s stepfather asked the mirror the same question every day. Once Jungkook has come of age, his stepfather went to the mirror and asked his usual question, expecting to receive the same answer, but instead, the mirror told him something that made his blood boil.

“You, my King, are good looking; it is true. But Snow White is even better looking than you.”

His stepfather was filled with rage in every molecule in his body that he ordered a huntswoman to come and take Jungkook to the forest, and kill him.

“I want you to come back and bring me his heart,” Jungkook’s stepfather told the huntswoman.

The huntswoman nodded her head, before bowing and picking up her belongings. On her way to the door, she had to come up with a way to bring Jungkook to the forest. But how would she do it? Should she seduce him? Threaten him? There were many different ways to do this.

The huntswoman was able to take Jungkook to the forest, all she had to was ask for some help, and Jungkook being Jungkook, agreed right away.

“Can you tell me if you see a squirrel in that tree?” The huntswoman asked, causing Jungkook to look away from her to see the tree.

“I don’t think so,” he asked, looking at the tree, trying to spot those furry animals.

“Just keep looking,” she asked, taking her long dagger out of her back pocket.

She raised her dagger but stopped. She looked down at Jungkook, who was so earnestly looking for a nonexistent squirrel on a tree.

The huntswoman lowered the dagger, and soon Jungkook turned and saw her with weapon in hand.

“W-What were you going to do with that?” Jungkook asked, taking a step back.

The huntswoman dropped the dagger and fell on her knees, staring at the ground.

“I’m sorry young prince. But I can’t do it. I can’t follow the King’s orders.” She finally raised her gaze at Jungkook. “The King had ordered me to kill you and take your heart, but alas, I could not do it. Forgive me.”

Jungkook did not know how to react. He felt tears prick his eyes but he did not let a single tear leave his eyes.

“If I may offer some advice, it would be wise to run away and never go back to the castle.”

Jungkook’s heart was palpitating rapidly, and he did the first thing that came to his head once he heard those words. He ran to wherever his legs took him, which was very deep in the forest.

The huntswoman did not want to let the King know that she let Jungkook free, so she came across a deer and killed it, taking its heart out of the corpse to give to Jungkook’s stepfather.

Carefully putting the heart into a bag, the huntswoman turned and made way to the castle, hoping she could fool the King.

Finally alone, Jungkook finally stopped running. His tears mingled with sweat as he looked around his surroundings. He was scared, and confused. Jungkook continued to walk unt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter