Aurora//Yoongi

Once Upon a Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The King and Queen, who were from a land far, far, away, were happy that everything turned out well with their newborn son. The Queen held her new son in her arms, and smiled at the thought of how blessed they were. They decided to name their son, Yoongi.

Yoongi was sleeping soundly when the King and Queen allowed guests from all over the kingdom to come and see the new addition to the royal throne. Including three male fairies that came bearing gifts.

The first fairy came closer to the baby in the crib, and smiled at the adorable smile he was receiving.

“My gift to you is handsomeness.” He said, snapping his fingers, causing fairy dust to gently fall upon Yoongi.

The second fairy came forth to the crib. Staring at the baby blinking at the new arrival, the fairy gave a lopsided smile once Yoongi closed his eyes in slumber.

“The gift of music will be my present to you,” he said, before too snapping his fingers.

Lastly, it was the third fairy’s turn to present his gift to the baby prince. But before he could even step near the baby, the evil fairy Maleficent came bursting in covered in green flames.

“I have a gift too,” he leered while everybody watched in horror. He raised his arms and without snapping his fingers, he covered everyone in fairy dust causing them to stay paralyzed.

Stepping closer to the sleeping newborn, Maleficent snapped his fingers which covered the baby in fairy dust and whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, “On the day of your eighteenth’s birthday, you will prick your finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die! That is my gift to you.”

With a sickening smirk, Maleficent vanished. And with his disappearance, the magic also left.

The King and Queen both made their way to their son, who was still soundly asleep. The Queen pooled their baby in her arms, while the third fairy approached them.

“Can you reverse his curse?” The King asked, with hope in his eyes.

“I’m afraid I can’t,” he replied, and watched as the Queen started to cry. “But what I can do is soften his curse.”

“W-What do you mean?” the Queen asked while trying to calm herself.

“Exactly what I meant,” the fairy said as he leaned closer to Yoongi. “My gift to you is that instead of death, you will fall in deep slumber, only to be awaken by true love’s kiss.” And with that, he snapped his fingers. The dust gently fell to Yoongi, causing him to open his eyes.

After watching the scene, the King and Queen’s other guests who came to visit the new prince decided to leave them to grieve.

The last gift to their son did not make his parents feel any better. They were still concerned with the safety of Yoongi. So with dread in their hearts, the King and Queen decided that the three fairies will disguise themselves as peasants and raise Yoongi in secret, very far from the castle. The three fairies ultimately came to a conclusion to raise the prince in their very own home: the forest.

Over the years, Yoongi grew up into a very handsome young man. The forest animals adored him and his gummy smile. Technically, the forest animals were his only friends, but that did not concern him. Yoongi was just happy enough to receive some sort of friendliness from someone other than his uncles.

Do not get him wrong, his uncles showered him with love and affection, but it was getting lonely seeing the same familiar faces every single day.

Sitting on a tree’s trunk, Yoongi watched the birds fly up in the sky and wished he, too, could grow wings and soar across the big blue.

Looking at him through one of their house’s window, was the first fairy. He looked at Yoongi, fondly smiling at him. His smile soon slowly faded when he thought about how the arrangements that they had to do.

They could not tell the prince about his royal status, or even his real name. Yoongi went by Suga, and he never questioned anything about his name.

Removing his gaze from the window, the fairy looked at the calendar that was hung on their wall. There was a giant red circle on the ninth of March which was in a few days. That signified that the young prince was going to turn eighteen.

Sighing, he looked back at Yoongi who was playing chase with the squirrels. Soon, the day that the curse was supposed to occur. He and his brothers already did what they could, now it was up to fate to see what would happen to the young prince.

The next morning, Yoongi went outside, like always, and started to sing. Knowing that no one was around him, except his animal friends, he sung to his heart’s content. He sang and sang, until he was out of breath.

He decided to lay down on the soft grass, and watch the clouds gradually move by. To his side, two squirrels ran up to him and curled by his side.

“Guess what?” He questioned, peeking at them through half-lidded eyes. “I had this dream. It was so vivid. There was this girl, and she was the most beautiful young woman I have ever laid my eyes on. Which is quite bizarre, considering I have never met another human being beside my uncles. “Anyway, I am convinced she is my true love.” He finished, with a tint of pink upon his cheeks.

Letting out a breath of air, Yoongi closed his eyes and sung a soft melody.

Unbeknown to the young prince, you were mounted on your white stallion, trotting along, enjoying the scenery. You were the princess of a nearby land, visiting this new place for the sole reason of meeting your betrothed. You have been promised to him since a young age, and you were quite nervous at this new event in your life.

Thoughts of your betrothal giving you a headache, you tried to distract yourself with the ways of the forest when the sound of a beautiful tune rang through your ears. Gently dismounting yourself and tying the reins on a nearby branch, you followed the song through the forest.

Dodging tree branches and overlooking the majestic flowers, you came across the source of the melody. Laying on the swaying meadow, a handsome young man with closed eyes, music escaping his parted lips.

Your heart fluttering in your chest, you walked closer to the unaware stranger. Stepping on a twig, you watched, with your heart in your throat, as the young man turned his head towards you.

Seeing you, recognition flashed in his eyes. It was you. You were the girl from his dreams! Standing up from his position, he started to walk towards you, with his heart gradually speeding up.

Stopping a foot away from you, he reached down and plucked a yellow flower from the ground and held it out to you once he straightened up.

“F-For me?” You asked, grabbing the flower.

He nodded, then gave you a charming smile. “A beautiful flower for a beautiful lady.” His words caused you to blush.

“How did you learn how to sing?” You questioned.

“Simple,” he answered. After explaining how singing was second nature to him, he tried getting you to sing with him. At first you politely declined, had enough of singing at your palace, but his innocent enthusiastic expression quickly changed your opinion.

Singing together with him had to be the most fun you ever had. Your voices complimented each other well, and you could not help but enjoy yourself with this stranger. Thinking about it now, it had completely went over your head to ask him for his name.

You stopped singing, causing him to look over at you with a tilted head. “What’s your name?”

Inside, you hoped he would respond with “Yoongi,” since that was the name of your betrothed but at last, your heart faltered with his reply.

“My name is Suga,” he responded.

“Suga…Does it have anything to do with sugar? Or was it supposed to emphasize how sweet you are?” You , trying to disregard the fact that you were engaged to another man and were attracted to Suga and his blunt charms.

Conversing with him, you learned some interesting facts about him. Being the first person he met, other than his uncles, he seemed eager to share information and stories with you. You listened with sparkling eyes, watching with amusement as squirrels and birds came from all over as if they, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter