Pocahontas//Jimin

Once Upon a Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There once was an adventurous young prince named Jimin. He was a free spirit who adored running everywhere in the land he called home. Jimin loved nature and everything that came along with it. He loved the fresh air that he inhaled, the trees that gently swayed side to side by the crispy wind.

Jimin, and his friend, Nakoma, spent many hours of the day exploring. They would use their canoe and flow down the river, taking in the beauty of their land. Both of them were always in awe with what they saw, and a sense of pride would always flow inside of Jimin once his eyes landed on the mountains and tree.

Jimin, the free spirited prince, would bask in the river, and would even jump from the tallest waterfall, enjoying the adventure.

But even this prince had troubles. Every time Jimin had a problem, he would talk to this ancient and mystical tree named Grandfather Willow that would advise him on what to do.

“The spirits are all around, my child.” It would say to him. “The spirits live in the water, in the land, in the trees, and in the sky. If you listen, they will guide you.”

But Jimin did not understand. Spirits? If they were all around him, why could he not see them? Deciding to believe in Grandfather Willow, who had never failed him before, he went on his way, deep in thought.

Jimin decided to climb the tallest tree, where he would get the perfect view over the land. It was his favorite place to calm himself, and contemplate everything. Once he climbed his way all the way to the top, he had to hold his breath with what he saw.

He saw flowing white clouds, but not the regular clouds he had seen. These clouds were different.

Unbeknown to him, they were not even clouds, but they were sails of a large wooden ship!

Debating whether to go down and get a closer look or stay on the tree, Jimin decided on climbing down to get a better view on what was going on.

He made his way around the beautiful and colorful trees, avoiding vines and branches, until he was close to the wooden ship. Jimin watched, covered by the trees, as if they were protecting him, and saw the strangers come out of the ship.

What he saw were women coming to shore. Not known to Jimin, these women were settlers looking for gold.

They had also believed that they could take this land as theirs. You were among these women, and you were pretty happy and excited to explore this unknown land.

You were different than most women who were also on this journey. You were not here for the gold, you were here to experience something new and bask in nature’s beauty.

While the rest of the women were busy off doing who knows what, you went up to a tree and placed your palm on the trunk. You smiled while running your palm softly though the bark. Grabbing onto a branch, you picked yourself up, but not before putting your sketchbook and pencils into your bag. You pulled yourself up and made your way to the top, until you stopped once you spotted the view in front of you.

Seeing the blue sky and green scenery took the breath out of you. You grabbed your sketchbook out with a pencil and sketched the view in front of you, after finding a secure footing, not to fall to your death.

While you sketched, Jimin had decided to follow you throughout the forest, not knowing why he chose you out of the rest of the settlers who arrived.

But somewhere inside him told Jimin that you were different, that you were nice and kind. Always listening to his instinct, he trailed after you. Jimin climbed another tree that was close to you, and watched with fascination as your eyes sparkled at the land that he always saw.

He recognized the gaze in your eyes because it was the same look he always had once he saw the land he lived in.

Marveling in the fact that someone else could share the same perspective as him, he did not notice where he placed his foot, causing a loud noise as he broke a branch and rang through your ears.

You turned your head, and saw a young man holding onto a tree, trying not to lose balance. Once he was secured, he turned his attention to you, but froze once you made eye contact.

Your heart started to pound, but not because of fear, it started to palpitate faster because you had never seen such an attractive guy like him before in your life. Yes, you’ve seen good-looking guys before, but this man’s eyes were hypnotic and you just could not look away.

Snapping out of your trance, you quickly descend your way down. After you landed on the ground, you watched as the young man also came down the tree.

Not knowing why, Jimin stepped closer to you. He knew he should be weary of strangers, but something told him to come near you, and he did.

He stopped a few feet in front of you, and just stared at your appearance while you did the same.

“What’s your name?” You blurted out, heat rushing to your cheeks.

He said something back, but it was in a language you did not understand. And by the expression on his face, the same could be said for him.

You do not know why, but you took a step closer to him, and then took another, until you were two feet away from him.

All of a sudden, a wild breeze surrounded you and Jimin. You could see leaves flowing in the air, and then it died down.

“I wonder what that was all about,” you muttered.

“I don’t know, but we must not question it,” Jimin replied.

You froze. “Can you u-understand me?”

Jimin looked surprised but still replied to you. “I can.”

Your mind was officially blown. You both could now suddenly understand each other’s languages.

“My name is Jimin, pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter