Fifth

Hey there, Namjoon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 5: Arctic Monkeys - "Mardy Bum"

It’s a Sunday yet Namjoon had to set his alarm for 06:00 a.m., it’s a horrible thing to wake up early during the weekend and it’s even worse that somehow his ringtone isn’t his favorite Bon Jovi song, but instead, a ringtone that was included on his phone when he bought it.

“Joonie, why… what… oh God, what time is it?” Jin turns over in bed and fully covers himself with his pink blanket, but Namjoon gets a quick glance of his hair and it looks so damn fine.

He’s fascinating, really. At this rate, Namjoon assumes Jin is the kind of person whose hair looks perfectly fine as soon as he wakes up and who doesn’t have to deal with mundane problems such as morning breath. It looks like he was born to be, somehow, perfect.

“Go back to sleep, I just want to finish my assignment.”

Jin growls but after a few seconds, he looks like he just died.

After he drinks his first cup of coffee of the day, he takes a seat and makes himself comfortable. He stretches a little and sighs, knowing it would be a long day.

Or not.

Only a couple hours later, Namjoon feels a shirt landing on his head.

“What-“, Namjoon grumbles, but the corners of Jin’s eyes are already full of wrinkles and his laugh echoes inside their room.

“Let’s have breakfast, shall we?”

“I really have to-“

“Don’t give me that excuse. You keep working, I’ll tell you when the food is ready.”

Namjoon nods, a bit too uncomfortably. Jin seems to live on a budget too, they both do since they have to pay for rent and food and whatever expenses come up during the month. But still, Jin cooks a lot of food and never hesitates to share it with Namjoon. He tries to reciprocate his kindness, but for some reason, it always feels like he’s in debt.

That morning, they sit together in their small table and eat fried eggs, a cup of some Japanese tea that Jin brought when he got there, a bowl of fruit and also beans, rice and perfectly seasoned meat.

Namjoon used to have cereal for breakfast every weekend, and literally nothing during weekdays. So this kind of breakfast is literally heaven. Namjoon thinks back of his days at home, when mom would wake him up by tickling his feet and pulling his blanket away.

His mom, unfortunately, didn’t really cook for him anymore. After Namjoon’s older brot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter