Third

Hey there, Namjoon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 3: One Republic - "Secrets"

Two weeks after Jin moved in, he was invited to a party.

It took Namjoon one whole semester to get a single friend, and it turned out to be Hoseok, but Jin had to wait only two weeks. He guessed that’s what happens when you’re as hot as it can get.

The last months had been hell, paying rent for two and not being able to hang out as much as usual. He used to get drunk every Friday, he used to hook up with random classmates every weekend, but for a few decent months he had been spending Friday nights locked up inside his room instead, eating crappy food and watching Disney movies as a new religion.

He was pathetic, really.

He knew for sure Jin had changed a lot for him.

He couldn’t walk through the hallways without having half of the girls asking if he was Jin’s classmate. Oh no, but wait. He could’ve stood it if only they referred to Jin as Jin, but instead, they used terms like the hot Japanese boy, the new flower boy, that dayum exchange student. And it’s fair to mention, girls were not the only ones asking.

When someone knocks at his door, he realizes he has been day daydreaming for a while now. He looks at Jin, and they stare decisively at each other until Namjoon rolls his eyes and stands up himself. To his surprise, the person knocking at his door is not someone he can remember.

It’s a boy, wearing skinny jeans and a huge hoodie. He looks like someone he should know, not at first sight, but once he keeps staring –because who cares about staring, right? –, he realizes how familiar that face looks. He can’t put the pieces together, but he knows he has seen that face somewhere.

“Am I a hot guy?” he asks. The voice is too feminine to belong to a boy, and something crosses his mind. When he almost understands the situation, she takes off the hoodie covering her long hair and smiles widely. Namjoon is dumbfounded, but she pushes him away and allows herself to walk in.

“The hell is this?” Namjoon crosses his arms in front of his chest, asking for an answer.

“I have absolutely no plans for today, so what should he watch?” Not even waiting for Namjoon to say something, she walks and places herself right in front of the TV, she takes her hands to her waist and scans all the titles in the shelf.

Jin, who is lying in bed watching an American series about some incredibly random group of friends, fixes his throat. He fakes a cough as he tries to be noticed by the girl, who is interrupting his peaceful time.

She turns around and raises an eyebrow. Two seconds later, her jaw drops and she freezes. Namjoon lets out a chuckle,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter