First

Hey there, Namjoon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 1: Alessia Cara – “Wild Things”

For the last – and only – twenty years of his life, Namjoon thought of himself as a kind person, as someone who would give a few cents to a beggar, or who would offer some of his food to anyone around him when he was eating. Being the student with the second best grade average of his year, he was often asked to help the younger students, the ones who couldn’t compile a 10-line program, or who were struggling to find the identity of a 3x3 matrix. He never said no, even if he had his own struggles as well.

But he wasn’t a kind person, he was nothing but someone decent who didn’t want to have people looking at him like he was some kind of heartless bastard.

Yet there he was, walking to his 7:00 am class an hour before it started, his head down in order to avoid people looking at him –even though he was probably the only one walking around the campus that early-, and his music playing out loud through his headphones, just in case someone could be badmouthing him behind his back.

He’s sitting on the floor, his back against the wall and his head tilted back. He’s not thinking, he’s not sad, he’s not resentful, he’s just totally and extremely done with all the ty people around him.

And then someone hits his feet gently, so gently that he looks up curiously and wonders if somehow, the heavens were teasing him by putting Soojung right in front of him just when he was cursing the entire world.

“Morning,” she says, as she fixes her skirt and sits next to him.

“Morning,” he repeats.

Soojung is probably the most interesting girl he has ever met, and the prettiest too. She’s taller and thinner than the average girl, her face is soft and welcoming, her smile is bright and contagious and her hair always falls behind her back. Her face is rather sweet, but she’s tougher than her looks. She’s smart, she always has breakfast –which makes Namjoon think that she really has her life together-, and never expects a boy to open the door for her, or pay for her, or speak for her. She’s independent, and he likes that.

But they’re not dating, because for Namjoon, she is too good for that.

It is fair to say that she is the first best grade average of their year. And she’s also the president of the student society. And she owns some other titles too.

“You really don’t have to come here at this time,” he tells her, as he always does.

“It’s fine. I feel more awake when the class begins,” Soojung pauses for a second, and looks at him hesitatingly, “have you found a new roommate yet?”

“Someone’s coming over today.”

“They’re giving you a hard time, aren’t they?”

“Yeah,” he admits, “but I’m just angry. I’m ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter