Comfort

Wolf School 2

 

Chapter 44

Everything was quiet. In every dorm the members of the pack seemed to be walking on eggshells, a little in shock still after what had happened. At least some of them were less affected than others.

Suho was exhausted. He knew the others needed space and Kris could handle his dorm at least but he couldn't stop worrying. And then there was Tao.

His boyfriend lay on his bed with his eyes closed. Lay had healed him a little but he couldn't get around everyone, even with Jeonghan's help. Tao had been the first to turn his help away and tell him to rest. Suho smiled a little and reached out to the back of his fingers down his down.

“That tickles.”

“Sorry, baby. I thought you were asleep.”

“Come give me a cuddle,” he mumbled without opening his eyes.

Still smiling Suho did as he was told. He couldn't resist nuzzling his nose against his lover's neck and was rewarded with a happy little purr.

“Are you sure you're not hurting too much?”

“Lay needs to rest. He's exhausted.”

“That's not an answer.”

“I'll be fine.” Tao turned to kiss him lightly. “Such a mother wolf.”

Suho poked his side and made him jump. “Am not.”

“Yes, you are, but I like it.”

“You fought really well, you know?”

“So did you. I've never seen you that fierce before.” He smirked a little. “It was kind of y.”

“Oh, really?”

“Mmm, I'll have to remember it later when I'm less sore and tired.”

Suho kissed him gently but firmly before laying back down and cuddling up to him again. “I think I like that idea quite a lot.”


 

Baekhyun had pulled on something baggy and comfortable as soon as he left the shower and immediately headed to bed. Chanyeol, who had been pacing about in another room, followed as soon as he heard him. For a long while they lay on the bed together in silence until he couldn't stand it any longer.

“Baekhyun?”

Silence.

“Are you okay, sweetie?” He gently his shoulder and felt him twitch at the contact. It hurt so badly to see him like that.

“Baby, please talk to me.” He shuffled closer and heard Baekhyun sniff quietly. “Are you hurt? Do you want me to get you something to eat or…? I don't know, just tell me if there's anything I can do for you, alright?”

Baekhyun sniffed more loudly and when Chanyeol wrapped his long arms around him found he couldn't hold back the tears any more.

“Oh, baby, please don't cry. It's all over now.”

“I was so scared,” he sobbed. “When I realised I was in heat and then they came in and I couldn't stop them.”

“Shh, shh,” Chanyeol soothed. “You're safe now.”

“I didn't want them to.” He moved suddenly, rolling over to press himself further into Chanyeol's secure embrace. “But if you hadn't come I would have wanted it. I couldn't control it. I'm so sorry, Chanyeol. I'm so sorry.”

“No, Baekhyun, it's not your fault. None of this is your fault.” He cradled Baekhyun's head against his body, wrapping himself around him as if he was trying to hide him from sight. “You were just helping Xiumin. You were so brave.”

“I'm sorry.”

“Don't be. You're perfect. I love you so much.”

Baekhyun only sobbed harder, burying his face in his boyfriend's chest but he didn't argue with him again. Or apologise. And eventually his tears subsided and he fell into an exhausted sleep. It took Chanyeol a good while longer and his arms didn't loosen from around Baekhyun for a second.


 

In the living room Kris sat with Chen whom he had finally helped out of bed and into the shower where his exhausted boyfriend had leant against him heavily. The bruises on his body had made Kris angry again but Xiumin had identified the members of the pack who had done it and they would be locked up tonight.

Maybe some of the members would be able to weasel out of it but not Minseok and the other two who had attacked Baekhyun. The police had taken the drugged water for testing and there were plenty of witnesses to what had happened. It was over now.

He ran his fingers through his boyfriend's soft hair. “You're not going to school tomorrow, by the way.”

Chen made a sound that could have meant anything and was barely audible anyway.

“I'm going to stay off and take care of you too, don't worry.”

Chen eased against him. “Anything to get out of maths.”

“Was that a joke?”

“Maybe.”

Kris kissed the top of his head. “Are you feeling any better?”

“I guess.”

In truth Chen did feel a little better and he loved when Kris was gentle and careful with him. It reminded him of when they first met. He had a bad habit of getting beaten up.

“I'll call Lay tomorrow, once he's rested, to come and heal you some more.”

Chen shook his head. “He should help the others first.”

“Baby, you got hurt too. Worse than some of the others. Please let him heal you.”

There was no response and Kris sighed. He slipped his arm around Chen and cuddled him close. “Do you remember how we first met?”

“Yeah, I got beaten up then, too.”

“But you didn't fight back,” Kris reminded him. “This time you were protecting somebody else. I wish you hadn't gotten hurt but I'm so proud of you for standing up to them.”

“Didn't make any difference,” he mumbled although Kris's words had him a little embarrassed. “They still took Xiumin and caught Baekhyun too.”

“That's not the point. All you can do it try.” He kissed his head again. “I'm glad they didn't take you,” he whispered. “I know that's selfish after what happened to the others.”

Chen looked up at him, his face not blank for once. His eyes had turned soft and loving, his mouth curling up into a little smile.

“It's not selfish,” he told him affectionately. “I wasn't pretty enough for them anyway.”

Kris laughed hollowly. “You put up a fight, Chen. That's the only reason they didn't take you.”

“You think so?”

“Of course.” He kissed him very gently because to him Chen may have been made of glass in that moment. “You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.”

“Liar,” he said, but he was smiling again. “We're in a pack with Luhan, remember?”

Kris laughed genuinely this time. “You may have a point there. Ow!”

He flinched as Chen nipped his arm and then they were both laughing. He wrapped his arms more tightly around his bruised lover and pulled him close again. Thank God he was smiling again.


So, is anyone else excited for XiuChen on Return of Superman???

Daeul is the cutest. I've been waiting for them to go on since BaekYeol met the twins.

I don't think I can handle Chen playing with babies. It almost killed me to see Chanyeol is parent mode.